(Clearwisdom.net) Li Huimin, a Falun Gong practitioner in Yizhou City, Hebei Province, who had been arrested four times, passed away February 5, 2006, the result of five years of persecution in Tangshan Prison.

Mr. Li Huimin, 53, from Xinzhuang Village, Xiaozhai Town, Yizhou City, Hebei Province, was in good health due to practicing Falun Gong since 1995. However, after July 20, 1999 when the Chinese Communist regime launched its persecution of Falun Gong, Mr. Li was arrested four times consecutively just because he was steadfast in his practice. In July 1999, Mr. Li and his wife, Zuo Shuling, had been detained for half a month, and were still under surveillance after being released. Moreover, his business license was also confiscated. In March 2000, the couple was detained again for doing the Falun Gong exercises outdoors. One month later, because there was not enough space to hold so many Falun Gong practitioners who appealed to Beijing, they were transferred to the detention center, where Mr. Li was released after a six-day hunger strike, while his wife was detained for three and a half months there.

On June 12, 2000, Mr. Li was arrested for the third time for talking with fellow Falun Dafa practitioners in Hengshui City, Hebei Province and clarifying the truth to certain supervisors. In the detention center, he was suspected to be an elite practitioner since he refused to write a so-called "guarantee letter" and was sentenced to five years of imprisonment in Tangshan Prison under fabricated charges. In December of the same year, his wife was also arrested for distributing truthful materials about the persecution and sentenced to one year of forced labor.

After five years of persecution, brainwashing and forced labor, Mr. Li Huimin was severely damaged both physically and psychologically. He was emaciated with high blood pressure when he was released in 2005. He kept vomiting on the way home from prison.

After returning home, he frequently suffered fainting spells and would suddenly stagger when walking. On February 2, 2006, he suddenly fell unconscious, the result of a brain hemorrhage, and passed away three days later.

Responsible persons:

CCP Politics and Law Committee of Yizhou City: 86-318-8612774, 86-318-8616477

Secretary of CCP Political and Law Committee of Yizhou Cit: 86-318-8616476, 86-318-8612524

Police Department of Yizhou City (operator): 86-318-8610189, 86-318-8612027, 86-318-8612630; (office): 86-318-8622305; Commissar: 86-318-8616949,Deputy Director: 86-318-8617046, 86-318-8617156.

Zhao Wankang, the Director of Police Department of Yizhou City: 86-013383681999(Cell)

Zhao Guosheng, the head of National Security Team: 86-318-8613836, 86-013383681861 (Cell)

Head of 610 Office: 86-318-8616212, 86-013383383689 (Cell)

Detention Center: 86-318-8629029

Hotline to Mayor of Yizhou City: 86-318-8612803