1. Practitioner Mr. Xia Pinhua from Heyang Prefecture, Sichuan Province Died due to Persecution

Mr. Xia Pinhua was from Fangting Township, Shifang City, Deyang Prefecture, Sichuan Province. Before learning Falun Dafa he suffered severe asthma attacks and other illnesses. All of his illnesses became less severe within a short time after practicing Falun Dafa. On New Year's Day 2000, he went to Beijing to clarify the truth of Falun Dafa. He was abducted and detained for 15 days and then taken to Majing Brainwashing Center of Shifang City for further persecution.

Mr. Xie was arrested and detained when he went to Mianyang Forced Labor Camp to visit a fellow practitioner in May 2000. He was sentenced to one and a half years of forced labor. On returning home his old illnesses recurred, and he became bedridden. Director Ye Wanhua and Deputy Director Chen Chao of the Office of Tackling Problems came frequently to Mr. Xia's home to harass him. They told him to give up his belief in the principles of "Truthfulness, Comparison, Forbearance." The wicked officials even threatened to take him to a forced labor camp again if he did not renounce Falun Gong. Mr. Xia was physically injured and mentally harmed. He died on November 22, 2006.

2. Practitioner Mr. Yan Guangyuan from Pudong District, Shanghai Persecuted to Death

Mr. Yan Guangyuan, 76 years old, was a practitioner from Pudong New District, Shanghai. He was formally an employee of the Shanghai No. 3 Iron and Steel Complex. Mr. Yan began to practice Falun Dafa in 1996. In July 1999 when Falun Dafa was persecuted by the Chinese Communist regime, Mr. Yan was frequently harassed by officials from the 610 Office of various jurisdictions, including his former work unit, the sub-district office and the neighborhood committee. The evil doers also pressured Mr. Yan to give up his cultivation and hand in his Falun Dafa books, as well as banners and other truth-clarification materials.

In December 2000, Mr. Yan clarified the truth to people. He was reported and arrested when posting the slogan "Falun Dafa is Good." He was first taken to Beicai Police Station and then transferred to Chuansha Detention Center for further persecution. As a result of torture he suffered massive spleen hemorrhaging and was in critical condition. Because police from the Pudong New District Police Department were afraid that he might die in the detention center, they released him on bail for medical treatment.

In 2001, Mr. Yan was sentenced to a two and a half year prison term by the Pudong New District Court, but was instead held under house arrest. He was under surveillance and was continuously harassed. Mr. Yan was injured and mentally affected by the harassment he suffered. He died on January 31, 2006 without having his reputation restored.

3. Practitioner Ms. Zhang Guizhen from Lingyuan City, Liaoning Province Tortured to Death

Ms. Zhang Guizhen, 56 years old, was from Yinzhangzi Village, Chengguan Township, Lingyuan City, Liaoning Province. She suffered many illnesses before she practiced Falun Dafa. After she learned the exercises in 1995 her health improved tremendously and all her illnesses disappeared. She was arrested in 2000 when appealing for Falun Dafa in Beijing. She was held at the Lingyuan City No. 2 Detention Center for half a year. (The Head of the Detention Center is Sun Liansheng).

In 2004 Ms. Zhang Guizhen was abducted when going to Ningcheng County, Inner Mongolia to clarify the truth. She was sentenced to forced labor, but released for home detention. Staff from the Ningcheng and Tongyuan County Police Station collaborated in going to Ms. Zhang's house many times to harass her. Her home was ransacked and she was intimidated and threatened. Ms. Zhang's physical and mental health deteriorated. Her old illnesses recurred. She died on July 26, 2006 without having her reputation restored.

4. Practitioner Ms. Huang Jing'e from Anhua County, Hunan Province Died due to Persecution

Ms. Huang Jing'e, 63 years old, was from Baishi Village, Dafu Township, Anhua County, Hunan Province. She was abducted by policemen from the Anhua County 610 Office, Anhua County Police Station and the Dafu Township Police Sub-station. She was taken to the Anhua County Detention Center for not renouncing Falun Dafa. She was detained for more than half a year before she was sentenced to one and a half years of forced labor. She was transferred to Baimalong Forced Labor Camp in Zhuzhou City, Hunan Province.

Ms. Huang Jing'e escaped in April 2004 with righteous thoughts and righteous actions. On returning home she continued to practice Falun Dafa. Being poisoned by the Communist Party's propaganda, her family was horrified to see Ms. Huang continue to practice Falun Dafa, so they put her under a lot of pressure and often harassed her when she was practicing the exercises. Mr. Huang Jing'e was forced to leave home and live deep in the mountains. She died in February 2006. The cause of her death is still unknown.