(Clearwisdom.net) [Editors' Note: In both Western and Chinese culture, the principle of karmic retribution, that is, being held ultimately accountable for one's own actions, is widely accepted. The fundamental teaching of Falun Gong is the characteristic of the universe, "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance." The universe will reward actions that are in harmony with this principle, while actions such as beating, torturing and murdering people will incur karmic retribution. Stated another way, good deeds will be rewarded with good, while evildoings will meet due retribution. Articles such as this one are meant as a compassionate reminder of this principle to those who would commit wrongdoing. While many of those who persecute Falun Gong are merely "following orders," the universal law requires that they too be held responsible for their actions, and that only by reversing their course of wrongdoing may they escape retribution.]

Yang Dacai, 58, was the deputy secretary of the law and politics committee and head of the 610 Office in Fengjie County. He suffered a bone fracture in his foot, and his wife developed cancer. Then a fatal blow struck him. On November 11, 2006, Yang Dacai died suddenly of a brain hemorrhage in Chongqing City. At the time of his death, he was at the place where his wife was having her surgery.

Yang Dacai and others had been aggressively persecuting local Falun Dafa practitioners since the persecution began on July 20, 1999. He also asked his wife, Ms. Liu, to eavesdrop on Falun Dafa practitioners. By doing so, Yang Dacai involved his family and dragged them into an abyss of misery. Ms. Liu is now suffering from terminal illness.

Yang Dacai controlled the Public Security Department, the court, the Procuratorate Court, and news media organizations. He conducted county-wide conferences to expose and illegally condemn Falun Gong. He illegally ransacked practitioners' homes, wantonly arrested them, forced them to write the three statements denouncing Falun Gong, and incarcerated and beat them. He paid high salaries to personnel who monitored practitioners, tapped their phone lines, ousted practitioners from their jobs and ranks, fired them, demoted them, and sent them to forced labor camps. He produced local television programs where he threatened and forced Falun Dafa practitioners to speak, against their wishes. He wrote documents that condemned and slandered Falun Gong. There was nothing that he would not do. In fact, he stopped at nothing.

During his term, out of the several dozen Falun Gong practitioners in the small county, seven were sent to forced labor camp, six were illegally sentenced, and thirty-plus practitioners were illegally arrested and detained in various prisons. The youngest practitioner was only 17 years old, the oldest, 73 years old. The longest prison term was eleven years. Amongst the incarcerated practitioners were outstanding teachers, units' key personnel, older cadres, and innocent civilians. Every Falun Gong practitioner who was persecuted, as well as their family members, suffered from unimaginable pain and inhumane torture. This was especially true in November 2002, when in order to gain politically, Yang Dacai secretly cooperated with the National Security Bureau of Wanzhou District, Chongqing City to carefully plan a "focal point interview" that shocked the nation and the world. The purpose was to frame Falun Gong practitioners.

One example of a persecution incident is as follows: On December 2000, Feng Chuanjia, a Falun Dafa practitioner from Fengjie county, visited Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong, and was illegally sentenced to one year in a forced labor camp. After his release, he wrote an article on how the wicked police and the criminals at the Xishanping Forced Labor Camp in Chongqing tortured Li Zetao, a 24-year-old practitioner from Jiangjin City, to death. The article also mentioned the electrical shocking and frightening water torture methods used. Because the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) blocked the Internet and all channels where the international community could obtain the truth about the persecution, Feng Chuanjia forwarded the news to Yuxiaoru, a Falun Gong practitioner who had relatives in Taiwan. The article then was sent to the practitioners in Taiwan and was published on the Internet. The exposure of the news shocked the world, and the case attracted attention from the international human rights organizations. An investigation was immediately started. As a result, Feng Chuanjia was illegally sentenced to ten years in prison and Yu Xiaoru, to eleven years in prison. Many other practitioners were arrested and their homes ransacked. The righteous act of exposing crimes was thus slandered and viewed as "disclosing state secrets, anti-Chinese, and destroying the unity of motherland." Yang Dacai and others manipulated the news content to produce television programs that slandered Falun Gong on an international level.

Yang Dacai and others who received karmic retribution for slandering Falun Dafa do not represent isolated cases nor coincidence. Let us take a look at the pitiful fate and the karmic retribution received by the following evildoing government officials and the policemen who persecuted Falun Dafa practitioners since 1999:

1. Zhu Taoyun, in her fifties, was the vice chairman of political consultation of Fengjie County. She had aggressively persecuted Falun Gong practitioners since July 20, 1999. She threatened and forced Falun Gong practitioners to appear on local television to slander Falun Gong against their wills, and to confuse the general public, who did not know the truth. Its influence was extremely negative. As a result, on October 2005, Zhu Taoyun had a car accident on the Yuwan freeway. She was the only one that was thrown out of the car, and she died immediately. Other passengers suffered different degrees of injuries, including Mr. Wang, the assistant deputy secretary of the County Party Committee.

2. Tang Yong, around forty, was the National Brigade chief of the Public Security Bureau in Fengjie County. He persecuted Falun Gong practitioners. Several times he brought a team to arrest, interrogate, and beat Falun Gong practitioners. Hence, on November 2002, on his way to interrogate Falun Gong practitioners Feng Chuanjia and Yu Xiaoru, he had car accidents in two consecutive days. Two people were injured. Later they did not dare to ride in the public security vehicles, opting to take public transportation instead. Currently, Tang Yong is no longer the chief of the National Brigade. He often uses sick leave and stays home, as he suffers from all kinds of illnesses and is in constant pain.

December 5, 2006