(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Yu Ming was arrested on March 3, 2006. Since that time, no one had heard anything about his whereabouts until not long ago when the Minghui/Clearwisdom website published the news that Mr. Yu is being detained at the Tuanhe Forced Labor Camp in Beijing.

This is the third time that he has been detained at the Tuanhe Forced Labor Camp since the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) started the persecution of Falun Gong. Police officers in this camp implemented various means of brutal torture for practitioners. In the face this treatment, Mr. Yu manifested the characteristics of fearlessness and great endurance. By not yielding he showed that a righteous spirit cannot be insulted.

Yu Ming distributed truth clarification materials on January 1, 2001, and was arrested and sent to the Dongshen Police Station in the Haidian District, Beijing. Without any legal process, the authorities then sent him to the Haidian Detention Center. While in the detention center, they tortured him with a tool called the "dog chain." Both his hands and feet were chained together with thick heavy shackles that were specially made for this torture They also brutally forced-fed him in this center.

On January 25, 2001, they sent him to the dispatch division at the Tuanhe Forced Labor Camp. Yu Ming and other practitioners were faced with brutal tortures, physically and mentally in this dispatch division. He described his experiences during that period in his article below:

"On January 25, 2001, I was taken to the Tuanhe Forced Labor Camp located in the Daxing District in Beijing. Since then, I have performed slave labor.

"Once I entered the gate, a group of armed guards surrounded me and ordered me to squat down with my hands on my head. They forced me to stand up and squat down several times. Then they ordered me to strip off my clothes in order for them to check whether I had hidden any Falun Gong materials on me. When I was not quick enough, they shocked my head with an electric baton. They tried to force Falun Gong practitioners in the jail to write a "Guarantee Statement" announcing that they would stop spreading the practice. Those who refused to write it were shocked with electric batons. Some of them were hung upside down from the end of a bed for a few days, but they still refused to cooperate. Under the command of the deputy head Shen Xiaosheng, the drug addicts and prostitutes in the jail would separately take practitioners to a small room and beat and kick them, while they held the practitioners' arms and pinned them to the ground. Shen yelled, 'Beat him for me, and beat him to death! I want to see how hard his bones are! We'll see if he writes it or not! I will break his fingers!' Then, the inmates grabbed the practitioners' hands and made fingerprints on the Guarantee Statement that was already prepared. This included statements such as 'no practicing and no spreading Falun Gong in the labor camp.'

"It was winter when I was sent to the labor camp. A cold wind whistled over the ground of a thick bed of snow. Many of us only wore a thin layer of clothing. Our hands and feet were covered with bloodstains from frostbite. The guards forced us to perform outdoor drills in formation, and we were forced to eat cold food outside in the yard. Within two minutes after picking up the food, our rice soup started to freeze solid."

In this labor camp, Falun Gong practitioners were forced to work for the guards packing disposable "sanitary chopsticks." Almost all the detainees were forced to get up early and work late. Practitioners suffered much more than regular detainees. Once Yu Ming protested the illegal detention, and several guards rushed him and dragged him to an office. They pushed him to the floor and shocked him with four or five high-voltage electric batons at the same time. His face, neck, feet, hands, and other exposed areas were covered with blisters from these electric shocks. The strong electric current caused his heart to palpitate and he began to lose feeling and almost passed out.

Yu Ming also witnessed that women practitioners suffered more insults and tortures than male practitioners. They were also forced to pack "sanitary chopsticks" and perform other labor. If they tried--or showed any sign that they might try--to defended their human rights, they were electrically shocked. The police purposely shocked women practitioners' mouths, ears, armpits, nipples, and private areas. They even instigated drug addicts and prostitutes to sexually assault women practitioners. After being tortured, some practitioners were covered with bruises and their breathing became feeble. The police yelled wildly, "Don't think you'll get medical parole because you are injured. We have a death quota!"

On March 1, 2001, Mr. Yu was taken to the Yuanhe Forced Labor Camp. Upon his arrival, he was immediately subjected to brutal tortures, such as sleep deprivation, standing in the burning sun for long hours, intensive forced labor, being beaten by criminals, and so on. They tortured him to make him give up his belief in "Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance." They tried to force him to slander Master and Dafa and to admit that the persecution was justified. Mr. Yu was not allowed to appeal to higher authorities. At that time, all practitioners in the labor camp suffered from similar tortures. Lu Changjun was one of them. The guards instigated detainees to tie up Mr. Lu tightly with wide transparent tape. They taped his head down onto his knees. He was squeezed into a small space under a wooden plank bed while several people sat on the bed to press it down. The tremendous pressure crushed Lu Changjun's backbone and he became a paraplegic. Chen Gang was brutally beaten by more than 20 detainees. They used plastic shoe soles to beat his head and his feet. Then they tied him tightly and squeezed him under the wooden plank bed. Chen Gang was tortured even while his entire body was swollen and distorted. For many days, he was unable to walk and almost became paralyzed. Yu Ming sternly warned the detainees who were instigated by the guards to torture him, and he was able to stop them from committing a crime.

In June 2001, Mr. Yu Ming and many other practitioners who refused to give up their belief were made to stand in the scorching sun. When Yu Ming sat on the ground because his feet oozed pus, guard Ni Zhenxiong dragged him to an office and kicked and punched him frantically. He clutched Yu Ming's neck tightly and shocked him with an electric baton. Then he held him by his feet and dragged him down the stairs. Mr. Yu's head kept bumping on the edge of the concrete stairs, which made him dazed and he had an extreme headache. The clothes on his back were torn apart completely. Yu Ming still did not yield. Ni Zhenxiong dragged him back to the office again and warned others not to tell what he did. In the office, he started to shock Yu Ming with electric batons and pulled Yu Ming's arms behind him toward the back. Just before Yu Ming's arm was going to break, he realized the consequences and stopped. Yu Ming told him, "Although you treat me like this, I do not hate you. But what you do will never change my mind." Because Ni Zhengxiong had tortured many other practitioners, Yu Ming considered lodging a formal complaint, which scared Ni. He asked Yu Ming not to do it. Yu Ming decided not to go forward with the complaint if Ni agreed to the following conditions:

  1. No more torturing practitioners, such as leaving them in the sun.
  2. Openly apologize in front of all practitioners in the No.2 Division with a written statement.
  3. Allow practitioners to read Master's articles.

Under Yu Ming's powerful righteous thoughts, Ni Zhenxiong agreed to these conditions and immediately followed up accordingly.

There was a "Fortification Fight Building" which was used especially for torturing steadfast practitioners. In March 2002, four or five guards carried Yu Ming to the second floor of the "Fortification Fight Building" in order to torture him. The door and window in this room had been totally covered with newspaper. The policemen stripped off Yu Ming's clothes, shoes, and socks. They tied his neck to a bed board with a rough rope. His chest, waist, arms, legs, and feet were fixed tightly with about eight strips of cloth. They also gagged his mouth with rags to prevent him from shouting and tied a strip of cloth across his mouth, between his upper and lower teeth. At the same time, they had paper and pen ready beside him. They told him, "If you agree to write a statement defaming Falun Gong, blink your eyes and we will stop right away!" Then they ruthlessly shocked him with electric batons. Jiang Haiquan shocked his head and upper body; Liu Xincheng from the No. 2 Division shocked his lower parts and thighs; Liu Guoxi from the No. 3 Division shocked the soles of his feet. They were using custom-made electric batons with over 100,000 volts. Yu Ming was unable to move. Sharp sounds of the electric batons with occasional bursts of laughter from the guards were heard. Blue flames fluttered in the air, and the unpleasant smell of burning flesh filled the air. Yu Ming was tortured the entire morning but he still didn't give up his belief.

These long and horrible torture sessions in this labor camp did not make Yu Ming yield to the authorities. His righteousness and firmness in safeguarding Dafa encouraged fellow practitioners and terrified the Party and its followers.

In October 2003, not long after Yu Ming's release from the labor camp, the authorities arrested him again and took him to the Tuanhe Forced Labor Camp the second time. Yu Ming and fellow practitioners in the camp started hunger strikes in order to protest the tortures with righteous thoughts and righteous actions. They then transferred Mr. Yu to the No. 1 Forced Labor Camp, which is located in the Kaiping District, Tangshan City, Hebei Province. He later was released with dignity.

In March 2006, National Security police officers secretly arrested Yu Ming again in an insidious way. According to Minghui news, from November 11, 2006, Yu Ming was once again detained in the Tuanhe Forced Labor Camp. They detained him in a small room especially designed so that nothing can be heard from the outside. Several criminals were ordered to torture him every day. If they refused, they themselves would suffer brutal beatings by the guards. The room was equipped with a monitor and was bugged. Yu Ming was tied to a bed 24 hours a day and suffered from brutal force-feeding. Whenever they force-fed him, Yu Ming would call out, "Falun Dafa is good" to protest this savage action. The guards turned up the radio loudly in order to cover up his shouts. The police doctor, Xiao Zheng, and others mixed sedatives and sleeping medications with the mixture they force-fed him. Yu Ming was sedated all day long. He was tied to the bed and unable to move. His physical and mental condition has been severely damaged, and he is very weak.

We call for close attention to this terrible calamity and aid to help stop it!

November 21, 2006