(Clearwisdom.net) Because Ms. Jiang Yongzhen obtained tremendous health benefits through practicing Falun Dafa, she traveled to Beijing in October 1999, to appeal to the government to stop the persecution of Dafa practitioners. However, once there, she was illegally arrested and imprisoned for seventy-two days. After being released and returning home, Ms. Jiang was subjected to constant harassment and personal threats, and was illegally monitored and imprisoned by the local National Security Team and Public Security Bureaus. Suffering from the long-term terror and constant persecution, Ms. Jiang Yongzhen passed away on September 29, 2006, at 69 years of age.

Ms. Jiang Yongzhen was a Dafa practitioner from Fushun City, Liaoning Province. In May 1996, five out of the eight members of her family began practicing Falun Gong. With the practice, each of their hearts and minds obtained varying degrees of purification. Ms. Jiang herself had suffered from many diseases since her youth and was on daily medication. After practicing Dafa, however, her entire body was cleansed and all her diseases were healed.

On July 20, 1999, Jiang Zemin, leader at that time, used the evil Chinese Communist Party (CCP) to initiate the inhumane persecution against Dafa and Dafa practitioners. Ms Jiang's family members have all traveled to the local municipal and provincial government to appeal for justice for Falun Dafa. Between October 26 and 27, they traveled to Beijing to appeal in accordance with Chinese law. While there, Ms. Jiang's third eldest daughter Kang Xiaojuan was illegally arrested and imprisoned at the Fushun City Detention Center for more than two months, and was illegally fined more than 2,000 yuan. By then, the Fushun City Detention Center was already filled with Dafa practitioners. Ms. Jiang's two eldest daughters, Kang Xiaoying and Kang Xiaohua, were sent to the Fushun Drug Rehabilitation Center instead. Ms. Kang Xiaohua was illegally imprisoned for more than thirty days and released after 5,000 yuan was paid as "guarantee." Ms. Kang Xiaoying was illegally imprisoned for more than two months and forced to pay 2,000 yuan as a "guarantee."

Ms. Jiang Yongzhen herself traveled to Beijing on October 27 and was illegally imprisoned at the Tiananmen Police Station. She was transferred by the Fushun City Office in Beijing to the Fushun Drug Rehabilitation Center and illegally imprisoned for seventy-two days, by which time her health was deteriorating. Afraid that she would die, the police then sent her home.

In July, 2000, Ms. Jiang's eldest daughter was deceived by a plainclothes police officer as she left work one night, and forcibly taken to the Fushun City Labor Camp. She was illegally imprisoned, but was released seven days later following a protest hunger strike.

On the eve of the Chinese New Year in 2001, five or six people broke into Ms. Jiang's home and began ransacking her belongings. They asked where her eldest son Kang Xiaosheng had gone and ordered her to open a vertical cupboard. Jiang Yongzhen told them that Kang Xiaosheng was not around and asked who they were. They replied that they came from the municipal and provincial police stations to "carry out a mission." Ms. Jiang was very shocked by this sudden invasion of her home. After calming her mind, she began telling the group of men the facts of the persecution. An hour later, they left.

In July of the same year, seven people ¡V including officers from the municipal police station as well as the party secretaries of the community area, broke into Ms. Jiang's house again asking for the whereabouts of her son. They also tried to pressure her to write a guarantee statement. After Ms. Jiang clarified the truth to them for more than three hours, they finally left.

Mr. Kang Xiaosheng was forced to leave his home and sustain himself with temporary jobs. Using cellphone tracing, the Yingkou City and Fushun City Public Security Bureaus continued searching for him. They launched a sweep of every inch of space around the Laohutai District in Fushun City. They even followed him to Heilongjiang Province and visited his friends' and relatives' homes. On May 29, 2003, Kang Xiaosheng was illegally arrested by more than twenty policemen from the Dongzhou Criminal Police Team in Fushun City and the Xintun and Wanxin Police Stations. However, he shrugged off his handcuffs and left the police station immediately. Another practitioner who was arrested at the same time, Wang Xiuxia, died as a result of the persecution two weeks later.

The police officers also forced entry into Mr. Kang Xiaosheng's younger sister Kang Xiaoqin's home. Ms. Kang Xiaoqin was illegally taken away and her personal belongings confiscated, including more than 4,000 yuan and some Dafa books. Ms. Kang Xiaoqin was sent to a brainwashing class at the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp in Shenyang City and was imprisoned there for three years. According to sources, the Fushun Police Station was offering a reward of 30,000 yuan for the arrest of Mr. Kang Xiaosheng and had distributed his picture to all local henchmen. By the end of August, he was taken away by the National Security Team in Fushun City. He was brutally tortured at the First Division of the Fushun Public Security Bureau before being released in early 2004. He has been living a homeless life and traveling ever since.

In October 2002, Ms. Jiang's third eldest daughter Kang Xiaojuan was illegally arrested and thrown into a detention center. Thereafter, she was transferred to the notorious Masanjia Labor Camp for brainwashing classes and imprisoned there for three years. In late May 2005, after being sent home, she had changed from being soft-spoken and good-tempered, into a violent, hot-tempered woman. She lost her true nature and no one could talk to her about it.

While tending to her sick husband, Ms. Jiang Yongzhen had to worry about each of her persecuted sons and daughters. After the Sujiatun incident was exposed, she came to realize the brutality of the CCP even more deeply and worried even more for the safety of her children. In September 2006, she suddenly came down with health problems, felt a lot of chest pain and was constantly close to death. On September 29, in pain and sadness, she passed away.

During the past seven years of this inhumane persecution, the abuse suffered by Ms. Jiang's family is only the tip of the iceberg. We call out to the entire world to take the CCP's persecution of Falun Gong seriously and work together to end this seven-year-long brutal persecution.