(Clearwisdom.net) The 610 Office, the Police Bureau and the Township Government of Xinji City, Hebei Province followed Jiang Zemin and the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) closely and arrested, detained and persecuted Falun Gong practitioners. Many practitioners have been detained, beaten and fined. Some have had their homes ransacked and have been sent to forced labor camps. Some have suffered mentally as a result of the persecution and still others have been forced to leave home and become homeless in order to avoid being arrested and persecuted. The following are the experiences of persecution that several practitioners and I have suffered. I want to expose the evil deeds of the CCP and let more people know the truth of the persecution.

1. In the winter of 1999, more than twenty practitioners and I were detained at Tianjiazhuang Township Government of Xinji City for seven days, and were each fined 1,000 yuan or more.

2. Beginning on November 26, 1999, I was held at the Xinji City Detention Center for thirty days for going to Beijing to appeal for Falun Gong. At the detention center, I met fellow practitioner Dai Changqi. He was escorted to the Xinghua Police Station for going to Beijing to appeal. The police beat him with a wooden club until it broke. They also tried to force him to swear at our Teacher.

3. During the conferences of the CCP Central Committee and the National People's Congress in spring 2000, police from Tianjiazhuang Township rampantly arrested practitioners. I was detained together with more than thirty other practitioners. During the detention, all the practitioners were beaten to varying degrees. Zhou Wendou, head of the Department of the Township Military Forces, was the most fierce (he has since been transferred to another workplace). One day he called me to a room where Zhou Wendou and another policeman kicked and punched me and beat me with a club. Then Zhou Wendou demanded, with his fingers pointed at me, "Do you still want to practice?" I replied, "Yes!" I was badly beaten for giving that answer. They also asked me to swear at our Teacher. I told them sternly, "We are all educated people. None of us would verbally abuse our Teacher. A teacher for a day is a father for a lifetime. These are the most basic ethics and principles." The officers had nothing to say. They just beat me a couple of times and handcuffed me to a long bench in the room so that I was unable to sit down, nor stand up for an hour. Two other practitioners were also beaten badly.

At about noon one day, the police called nine practitioners to their office. We were asked to stand outside the office and then we were called in one after the other. We were not allowed to say anything. The officers only asked if we practiced or not. If we answered "yes," then we were beaten inside the office. Finally, two practitioners and I were the only ones remaining outside the office. A kindhearted policeman came. He called my name and asked me if I still want to practice. I said "yes" at the top of my voice. He said, "If you still want to practice, go stand up against the wall." In this way I narrowly escaped a beating.

A few days later, the policemen forced thirty or more practitioners to stand outside their office once again. We were called into the office one by one. Upon entering the office, we were not allowed to say anything. They asked us if we practice Falun Gong or not. If the answer was "no," they forced the practitioner to write a guarantee statement. If the answer was "yes," they stripped the practitioner down to their underwear and forced the practitioner to lie on a bench. Then several policemen beat the practitioner with a wooden club. After the beating, the practitioner was handcuffed to a tree outside the office. Then the officers would beat another practitioner. I was beaten dozens of times with the wooden club. Many practitioners were black and blue as a result of the beatings.

4. On around October 2, 2000, seven or eight policemen from our township forced their way into my home and took my Zhuan Falun book and a handwritten booklet of Teacher's new articles. They took me to their office and held me down on a bench. Several policemen beat me and Zhou Wendou asked me from where I had copied the new articles.

The following evening, the police called me to the station again. A young policeman asked me, "Do you still want to practice Falun Gong?" I replied, "Yes." He said, "It has been determined that Falun Gong has the nature of XX. It violates the law if you continue to practice." I said, "What does violate the law mean? It means that the law is made to restrain criminals. Since the ancient times the law has meant to restrain the killers, arsonists, thieves and robbers and those who are detrimental to people's lives and national property. However, Falun Gong teaches people to be kind and to be good people with high moral standards. They neither steal nor rob. They do not have any vices. How can you say they are violating the law?" He could not answer, but slapped my face with force. Then I was sent to a garage (a place for locking up practitioners) where it was freezing cold.

One morning, we were called to the office again. In the office there were four or five policemen. They kicked and punched me and slapped my face while interrogating me, "Who hand-copied the new articles?" It turned out that these policemen were from the Xinji City 610 Office. The beating was so severe a local policeman could not bear it any longer and went inside to plea for mercy. A policeman from the 610 Office said viciously, "It's none of your business! We'll find the answer for you." One policeman who looked older than the others said, "We will make a breakthrough with you." They beat me in the office, but it did not work off their anger so they dragged me outside the office, made me hold a pile of bricks, and handcuffed me. Each of the three policemen held a wet finger-thick stick in hand. They whipped me hard and I could not move. Every strike was very painful. They beat me for more than a half an hour. Then, that good-hearted policeman was afraid that it was too dangerous to beat me like that so he dragged me away with him. Another policeman said viciously that they would continue to beat me in the afternoon. I was beaten in exactly the same manner as in the morning. The officers asked me again for the source of my hand-copied new articles. I did not cooperate with them and I suffered another beating before they sent me back to the garage.

5. On the 27th day of the twelfth month of the lunar year of 2001, I was having dinner with my family when someone knocked on the door. I thought it was local villagers who came to visit us. When I opened the door, seven or eight policemen forced their way in. Because of my carelessness, a copy of some truth-clarification material was on the table and when they found it they asked me where I had obtained it. I did not tell them so they detained me at the Xinji City Detention Center. More than thirty other practitioners were detained at the time.

One day, I was brought into the interrogation room. The head of the Political and Security Section of the Xinji City Police Bureau, Geng Zhanfeng (Geng Chao's father) and two other policemen were there. Geng Zhanfeng took out the truth-clarification material they had taken from my home. He said, "If you do not tell us the truth, it means you are swearing at your Teacher." I told him solemnly, "I would not, under any circumstances, swear at my Teacher." They asked some other questions of no importance and left. A few days later, Geng Zhanfeng and another policeman interrogated me again. They repeated the same question. I told them that our Teacher taught us not to swear at anyone. Finally, the officers released me after they extorted 1000 yuan from my family for what they called bail.

6. At about 1 o'clock in the afternoon on April 23, 2002, the policemen from the Tianjiazhuang Township government locked me up at the township's brainwashing center. Two days later, under the compassionate care of Teacher, I managed to leave the center with righteous thoughts. (Details were published on Minghui, the Chinese version of Clearwisdom.) I was forced to leave home and became homeless for about a year in order to avoid being arrested and further persecuted.

7. In early 2003, I risked the danger of being arrested. Since I am a farmer, I had several hectares of land to till. I had a daughter who was studying at university and her expenses were around seven to eight thousand yuan a year. Under the persecution by the Jiang regime, a law-abiding citizen like me could not return home to till the land and live a normal life simply because I practiced Falun Gong. I had been frequently arrested, detained, fined, and harassed by the so-called "People's Policemen." After returning home, I was arrested twice in the period of July and August.

8. At about 11 o'clock one morning in September 2003, when I had just arrived at my daughter's home from the field, Liu Bingchang, the Party secretary of our Production Brigade, Liu Baoding, a policeman from the city police department, and Shi Xiu, a policeman from the local Tianjiazhuang Township government, suddenly forced their way into my daughter's home. They said they would not harass me anymore if I wrote a so-called "guarantee statement." I spoke to them very seriously, "I will not write any such statement. Why would you ask a good person to write a guarantee statement?" Shi Xiu said, "Would you sound like this even if Jiang Zemin came and asked you to write it?" I replied, "You are right. I would not write it even if Jiang Zemin were here." Shi Xiu said, "If you do not write the guarantee statement, we will come to see you later."

9. In order to free myself from the arrest and harassment of the evil forces, I went to work at a cattle farm in September 2003. At around 4 o'clock in the afternoon on September 25, about nine policemen carried me from the farm to a police car and took me to the Jinji City Brainwashing Center. This center was extremely evil. In recent years, more than three hundred practitioners have been detained there. This brainwashing center deceived TV viewers by broadcasting that the practitioners ate well and lived comfortably in the center. They said the staff there would not beat or verbally abuse the practitioners. It also told outright lies about how the Chinese Communist Party cared for the practitioners under what they described as "a life-giving spring breeze and rain."

Three days later when the officers found that they could not make me renounce Falun Gong with "soft" tactics, they stepped up their persecution. They pressured me to write the guarantee statement. After one day's trial of strength, the officers found that they had still failed to "transform" me. They organized more people to start a battle against me. I didn't have the slightest fear and kept sending forth righteous thoughts to eliminate the evil factors in other dimensions. I also recited Teacher's poem:

"A Great Enlightened One fears no hardship
Having forged an adamantine will
Free of attachment to living or dying
He walks the path of Fa-rectification confident and poised"

("Righteous Thoughts and Righteous Actions" from Hong Yin II)

I used the power of Dafa to eradicate all the evil forces. The officers pressured me to write the so-called "four statements" again and again. However, I resolutely refused to do so. They dragged and pushed me around to force me to write. I told them seriously, "Everything should be voluntary and no one can force me to do anything. This is my lawful right." Instantly the officers let me go.

At about 10 o'clock in the evening, after the police let other practitioners go back to their dormitories, only several policemen and collaborators remained. They continued to persecute me and continued to pressure me to write the four statements. Finally, Li Defang, the head of the brainwashing center, asked, "Do you want to write the statements or not? If you really don't want to write, then don't waste our time anymore." I said resolutely, "No, I will not write them." Then Li Defang asked the collaborators to leave. It was midnight. Li Defang suddenly picked up a bamboo stick about 20 mm thick and hit my ankle several times. Since the office was very small, the glasses in the cupboard were knocked down and smashed to pieces. At that time, a policeman took the bamboo stick and continued to beat me until dawn. After breakfast, director Cao of the Police Bureau came and tortured me by pressing my head against the wall. At around 4 o'clock I managed to leave the center with righteous thoughts under the compassionate care of Teacher. I dared not return home to avoid being arrested again, so I have been homeless ever since.

This is what happened at the Xinji City Brainwashing Center and what the CCP describes as "a life-giving spring breeze and rain."

Security Police of the Tianjiazhuang Police Station, Xinji City Police Bureau:

Ren Guangtong: 86-311-3229840, 86-3223363-869 (Home)