(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Tian Yuan from the Shuangyang District, Changchun City, passed away on October 1, 2006, after enduring long-term persecution.

Photo of Tian Yuan

Photo of Tian Yuan

Ms. Tian Yuan, 39 years old, used to work at the Jilin Provincial Children's Hospital. Before she practiced Dafa, she was shot by a policeman by mistake when the policeman was arguing with someone else. She became paralyzed over more than two thirds of her body. She tried to commit suicide several times while she was chronically bedridden and depressed.

Ms. Tian and her mother began practicing Dafa in March 1999. She regained her faith in life. Ms. Tian experienced overwhelming positive changes, both physical and mental, through Dafa practice. She used to have a terrible temper and was selfish and inconsiderate, but after she started practicing Dafa, she became a kind and helpful person. She was very confident about life and Dafa cultivation. Although she was still disabled, she never stopped studying the Fa or doing the Falun Gong exercises.

Ms. Tian's home was ransacked and her family was threatened after the persecution began on July 20, 1999. She overcame numerous difficulties and went to Beijing to speak the truth for Dafa. She didn't eat or drink throughout the trip to avoid the inconvenience of going to the restroom. Chinese Communist Party (CCP) officials illegally arrested Tian Yuan and took her back to Jilin City and detained her for nine days.

Her home was monitored and she was harassed after 2000. One practitioner's spouse revealed her name when certain practitioners were arrested in March 2004. The spouse said that Ms. Tian was a Falun Gong practitioner. The police ransacked Ms. Tian's home. That invasion resulted in a great loss for the family. The police carried Ms. Tian Yuan to a police car and detained her. She resisted the persecution with righteous thoughts. She also went on a hunger strike and refused to cooperate with the unreasonable demands of the police. She was released five days later.

Ms. Tian Yuan's mother, also a practitioner, was sent to a forced labor camp, but the labor camp authorities refused to accept her for health reasons. The police relentlessly harassed the family in the ensuing years and even interrogated and searched non-practitioner clients who visited her family-owned health clinic.

The Shuangyang District Procuratorate tried to sue Ms. Tian Yuan in 2005, an incident that was previously reported on the Minghui website ["Disabled Female Dafa Practitioner Persecuted," (no English translation available)]. She resisted with the power of her righteous thoughts. Other practitioners from different parts of the world phoned the officials, which aborted their illegal scheme.

After the failed trial, many practitioners were arrested on different occasions when they visited Tian Yuan's home. She herself was often threatened and interrogated. Despite the persecution, she was determined in her belief in Teacher and Dafa and tried hard to do the three things well.

Ms. Tian Yuan began to experience physical discomfort in August 2006, and the injuries caused by the police bullets became infected. She passed away on October 1, 2006.