(Clearwisdom.net) Tianjiao was very thoughtful while living with her grandfather. No matter how much cruelty she suffered, she not once complained to her grandfather. Only when she missed her grandmother deeply would she whisper into her grandfather's ears, "When will grandma come home?"

Abandoned by her parents after she was born, Tianjiao was cared for by her grandmother for more than ten years. Her 65-year-old grandmother will never return. Shi Shengying has been tortured to death in Shenyang Prison.

At 7 pm on August 25, 2005, Shenyang Prison called Shi's family to say that Shi Shengying has passed away and was in the 739 Hospital. According to a doctor, she had already died by the time her body was brought to the hospital. At the cremation memorial, her family saw wounds on her neck, chest and in her rib area. When her family wanted to take pictures of her body, the police quickly grabbed the camera and shouted, "We can't let you take pictures. If they are shown on the Minghui (Clearwisdom) website, we'll be fired."

Tianjiao's Bitter Experience

In 1991, while on a tour, a group of medical personnel heard a low sound coming from a cardboard box underneath the seats. They first thought that it might be dog or cat. They couldn't believe it was an infant.

Photo: Lu Tianjiao, the child adopted by Shi Shengying

With the agreement of the person in charge of the train and police, nurse Lu Changlan took the baby home and gave it to her parents, Lu Qingzhai and Shi Shengying. The elderly couple adopted the baby and was able to obtain the adoption papers, though with some difficulty. She became this elderly couple's beloved granddaughter. They named her Lu Tianjiao.

In the spring of 1996, Shi Shengying was paralyzed in a car accident. Her vertebra fractured at the seventh and eighth section. Several months later, someone gave her a copy of Zhuan Falun and introduced her to the cultivation practice Falun Gong. After reading Zhuan Falun for several days, even though she had only three years of formal education, a miracle happened, she was able to sit up, and after two months, she was able to walk again. People who knew her had witnessed the miraculous power of Falun Gong.

When Jiang Zemin's regime began the persecution of Falun Gong in July 1999, Shi Shengying went to Beijing to appeal to the government and was arrested. On October 17, her daughter Lu Changliang also went to Beijing to clarify the facts and was arrested and detained in the Xicheng Detention Center in Beijing. All of a sudden, the family was in great anguish. Seeing her grandpa's tear-streaked face, the 8-year-old Tianjiao asked in tears: "Will grandma and aunty return home?"

Grandma's Plight

Shi Shengying was brought back to her hometown and illegally detained in the Shenyang Women's Re-education Camp and the Longshan Forced Labor Camp at Shenyang City. The evildoers tortured her. They made her squat, shocked her with electric batons and forced her to do hard labor. After six months of torture, the political and legal committee forced her family to pay 2,000 yuan for her release. Her daughter Lu Changliang was sentenced to serve one year of forced labor and was sent to Masanjia Forced Labor Camp because she had written down her experience about appealing in Beijing.

Six months after her release, Shi Shengying went again to Beijing to appeal and was arrested. She was sentenced to two years of forced labor and sent to Masanjia Forced Labor Camp. When Shi Shengying saw her daughter at Masanjia, she saw that her daughter had been severely tortured and that she no longer could walk unaided. Because of her persistent belief in Dafa, Shi Shengying's sentence was extended twice. She had suffered cruel torture: forced standing, locked to an iron bed, tied to a tiger bench, dirty clothes stuffed in her mouth, mouth being taped, being knocked against the wall, shocked with electric batons, and locked in a small cell. Her body was covered with scabies and sores that oozed pus. Because of the guards' brutal beatings, she had a concussion, vomited, and suffered severe blood loss. According to a doctor, she was close to death.

To escape responsibility, Masanjia released Shi Shengying after her family paid a 4,000 yuan guaranty fee. Tianjiao did not leave her grandmother's bedside, afraid of losing her again.

On the afternoon of August 25, 2003, several people claiming to be from the 610 Office intruded into She Shengying's home and arrested her without giving any explanation. They even left the stove burning. Alas, before recovering from previous torture , Shi Shengying was sent to the Zhangshi Forced Labor Camp. Several days later, Shi Shengying's husband was also sent there. Once again Tianjiao had no one to take care of her.

In the Zhangshi brainwashing class, Shi Shengying was so severely tortured that she often fell unconscious. She suffered many head wounds from falling down. After more than a month of torture, she became very ill and was released.

On November 30, 2004, she was telling people in a park about Falun Gong being persecuted and was arrested by the police of the Tiexi Section Public Security. On January 31, 2005, the court in the Tiexi Section of Shenyang City held an unlawful trial and sentenced her to four years in prison. All of the charges were fabricated. She was then sent to the third brigade of the Shenyang Women Prison in Masanjia Zi County, Yuhong Section, Shenyang City.

Photo: Liaoning Province Women's Prison

Grandma won't be returning home anymore

At 7 p.m. on August 25, 2005, Shenyang Prison called to notify Shi Shengying's family that Shi Shengying was dead and was in the 739 Hospital.

Police tried to force the family to sign the cremation release. Her family refused. On August 26, Shi Shengying's husband, family members and many Dafa practitioners went to view the remains of Shi Shengying. More than a dozen of plain-clothes policemen refused to let them in and told them: "We are waiting for the leadership to make a decision." After waiting for more than an hour, no "leadership" showed up. A carload of policemen arrived and continued to keep them out.

Shi Shengying is not the first Falun Gong practitioner to be tortured to death in the Shenyang Prison. On December 8, 2003, the Second Prison notified the family of Wu Yuan, a math teacher from Beilu County Middle School in Lingyuan City. Wu Yuan's wife, Liang Xiuyu, went to the prison hospital ward on December 10 and could hardly recognize her emaciated husband. When Wu Yuan was about to say something to his wife, the prison guard found an excuse to push her out of the room. On the afternoon of that same day, Wu Yuan's family received a death notice. Other Falun Gong practitioners that were tortured to death include Lou Yan from Anshan City; Guan Wenjiang, 33, from Tongjiafang Village, Damintun County, Xinmin City; and Zhou Zhi, an engineer from the Bengangjikong Factory.

We call on the international community to help stop the persecution of Falun Gong in China.