(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Gao Deyong of Heilongjiang Province, Qiqihar City, was tortured by the prison guards from Fuyu Forced Labor Camp, Qiqihar, with methods such as the "big hang up" (1), electric shocks to his temples and injections of chemical substances into his body. He was released for treatment and passed away in 2004.

Mr. Gao Deyong, 55, was an official at the Qiqihar City Government, Heilongjiang Province. He started practicing Falun Gong in 1995 and was steadfast in practicing when the persecution started in 1999. His department unconstitutionally sent him to Fuyu Labor Camp for a year and a half, where he was released after being forcibly put through a brainwashing session. When he went back home he realized that he had been wrong to comply with the brainwashing, so he went to Beijing to validate Falun Dafa, and held up a Falun Dafa banner. The Qiqihar Wulong Police arrested and brought him back, and they brutally tortured him. The officers broke 4 batons while torturing him before again sending him to Fuyu Forced Labor Camp, this time for three years.

The labor camp political committee directs the Fuyu Forced Labor Camp, and the fourth group leader Jia Weijun executes all the orders. Practitioners there were suspended in the air by their handcuffed wrists. Some practitioners were cuffed to the beds or the heating pipes. Sometimes practitioners remained cuffed for as long as 14 days. The prison guards ordered other prisoners to beat the practitioners. Gao Deyong refused to comply with the tortures, so the prison guards sent him to a psychiatric hospital. They injected him with a huge dosage of drugs and tried to make him give up practicing while under the influence of the drugs. But Gao Deyong was steadfast in his beliefs and firmly refused to fall prey to the wicked tricks. The prison guards tortured him with the "big hang up," and beat him on his temples with electric batons. They beat and cursed at him, and made him stand for 17 to 18 hours. However, he remained determined not to give in, so the prison guards increased their brutality and rendered him unconscious.

Gao Deyong was sent to the forced labor camp for a year and a half. He was mentally and physically injured, and showed symptoms of having suffered a stroke. To avoid bearing the responsibility for his death, the prison guards said his brain was bleeding internally, and released him for treatment. Gao Deyong passed away in the summer of 2004.

The Fuyu Forced Labor Camp prison guards have also tortured and killed Qiqihar Automobile Factory engineer Wang Baoxian and Qiqihar practitioner Fu Zhiyu.


1. "Big hang up": There are two forms in this torture: (1) With both hands cuffed behind the back and only the toes touching the ground, one is hung by a rope that is tied to the metal window frames. (2) One hand of a practitioner is cuffed to one bunk bed and the other hand to another bed, and the two beds are pulled in the opposite directions. One feels extreme pain as the body is pulled.

July 14, 2005