Mr. Liu Lecheng, 60 years old, was a resident of Wujia Village, Kuiwen District, Weifang City, Shandong Province. He started practicing Falun Gong in 1997. After the persecution of Falun Gong started on July 20, 1999, Mr. Liu went to Beijing in 2000 to validate Dafa. Police from the local Ershilibao Police Station arrested him. He was beaten, threatened and suffered other types of persecution. He was forced to sign the Three Statements and fined 500 yuan. He was released after 15 days of detention. Soon after he was again arrested by the local police and forced to undergo brainwashing. His home was ransacked and his family members lived in fear. Mr. Liu Lecheng suffered severe torture both physically and mentally. His old illness recurred, and he died on May 17, 2005.

Mr. Meng Qingxi and his wife Liu Suwen were both practitioners and residents of Dingyu Village, Mucun Town, Weifang City, Shandong Province. They began practicing Falun Gong in 1997. In the autumn of 2000, Mr. Meng went to Beijing to validate Dafa and was taken back to his local area after being arrested. He died of persecution in the Mucun Town brainwashing center. The family is deeply in debt due to fines, and two of their children have had to quit school. To survive, 12-year-old Meng Fei has had to go to work in various places.

Mr. Wang Hongwu, 69 years old, lived in Pangjia Liangyu Village, Changle County, Shandong Province. After he obtained Falun Dafa in 1997, his hemiplegia, tracheitis and many other diseases disappeared without medical treatment. After the persecution of Falun Gong started on July 20, 1999, he was illegally imprisoned many times and harassed. Also, the police extorted 5,000 yuan from him. Due to the persecution, his old diseases relapsed and he died on August 29, 2001.

Mr. Wang Jingde, 74 years old, lived in Yangjiaguan Village, Sucun Town, Yinan County, Shandong Province. After contracting prostate cancer, he underwent surgery in the spring of 1998. In the summer of 1998, he started practicing Falun Gong, and his health recovered. Because of harassment and threats by the local police, he died on August 29, 2001.

Mr. Chen Lei, 37 years old, was a farmer in Houchen Village, Machang Town, Taikang County, Henan Province. He had tumors on his face before he began to practice Falun Gong. After practicing Falun Gong for two months, all of those tumors disappeared. He went to Beijing to appeal the persecution of Falun Gong and was arrested. After he was released, the local police ransacked his home and arrested him again. Unable to deal with the of terror of constant threats, Mr. Chen lost his cultivation environment and was unable to do the exercises. In early 2005 his old disease relapsed. He was diagnosed with lymph cancer and spent over 40,000 yuan for medical treatment. He died on April 13, 2005.

Mr. Zhang Dongsheng, 52 years old, was a resident of Xinglongzhuang Village, Yukou Town, Pinggu District, Beijing. His cerebral embolism vanished after practicing Falun Gong. After July 20, 1999, he was illegally arrested many times and driven to homelessness for over a year. In 2002 he was again arrested and tortured. His prior illness returned after he was released. He died in July 2005.

Ms. Sun Dezhen, 71 years old, lived in North Santaizi Village, Xinmintun Town, Shenyang City, Liaoning Province. After she obtained Falun Dafa in 1997, she studied the Fa and did the exercises daily. She was in very good health. After July 1999, the local police harassed her family many times and confiscated her Falun Gong books. Because her daughter and son-in-law were also Falun Gong practitioners, they too suffered persecution. Her son-in-law was arrested for distributing ""truth-clarification flyers and was illegally sentenced a prison term. Ms. Sun suffered extreme mental anguish and died on June 1, 2004.

Mr. Diao Yulian, 65 years old, was a practitioner from Fushun City, Liaoning Province. His daughter, also a practitioner, was sent to Masanjia Forced Labor Camp twice and persecuted. The elderly man suffered severely both in mind and body. He died on May 28, 2005.

Ms. Nong Meiling, 41 years old, lived in Fujiaying Village, Lizhuang Township, Qingyuan County, Hebei Province. She began to practice Falun Gong in 1997. After July 20, 1999, she was forced to attend the local brainwashing class. Later the local township government personnel harassed and threatened her many times. She suffered severe mental persecution and was diagnosed with encephaloma. She died on January 27, 2002.

Mr. Zhang Xiqian, the father-in-law of Ms. Nong Meiling (see above), lived in Fujiaying Village, Lizhuang Township, Qingyuan County, Hebei Province. After practicing Falun Gong, he was in great health. The 82-year-old man rode a bicycle like a young man. After his daughter-in-law was persecuted to death, his heart was broken. He died on October 24, 2004.

Ms. Liu Chunling, 46 years old, was a resident of Beizi Village, Zhuozhou City, Hebei Province. Her leukemia vanished after she began practicing Falun Gong. After July 20, 1999, the police went to her home twice to harass her. Under intense pressure and the intervention of her husband Zhao Lianyuan, Ms. Liu's prior disease returned, and she died on June 2005.

The following are cases of persecution of practitioners from Zhaojiazhuang, Yuantou Township, Zanhuang County, Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province:

Ms. Zhao Shuping was 37 years old. On the night of June 10, 2000, Yuantou Township government personnel arrested her. She was released after being fined. On October 27, 2001, she died.

Ms. Gu Enru, 67 years old, was frightened when her spouse was arrested illegally by Township government personnel. She died on October 26, 2003.

Ms. Zhang Huifang, 65 years old, began practicing Falun Gong in 1998. She benefited both physically and mentally. After July 20, 1999, the authorities threatened her relentlessly. She died in 2002.