(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Deng Shangyuan was a teacher employed by Liuhe Central Elementary School located in Baoxing Town, Dazu County, Sichuan Province. She had been detained and mistreated many times during the persecution, and had been closely monitored and harassed constantly by lawless officials. In March 2005, policemen from Sanqu Town Station stormed into her home in the middle of the night and ransacked it, causing her to be unable to sleep at all. She became very thin, and died on July 25, 2005.

Ms. Deng Shangyuan was 32 years old when she learned Falun Dafa at the end of 1997. After practicing, her health improved and her moral standard was raised. All of the people said that she was a good teacher.

After the persecution of Falun Dafa began, in order to restore the reputation of Falun Dafa and the Teacher, she went to Beijing to appeal, and clarify the truth. She was arrested in Tiananmen Square, and detained in Dazu County Detention Center for one month. She was locked up in a brainwashing class for five months upon being released from the detention center. The officials of the Town government and the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) County Political and Judiciary Committee threatened her father, telling him he must sign a guarantee statement, otherwise they would not release her from the brainwashing class. The CCP Town Committee Secretary Shi Lei (male), Town Head Yang Wei (male) and Deputy Town Head Zeng Xianchao (male) would not allow her to go back to work, stating, "If we let you work, we will lose our jobs."

From this time on, Ms. Deng Shangyuan lived a hard life trying to support her two-year-old child. Starting in January 2002, her support allotment was reduced to only 150 yuan. In the same month, Ms. Deng was again taken to a brainwashing class. Ms. Deng and her fellow practitioners walked out of the class after going on a hunger strike for four days, but the authorities would still not allow her go back to teaching. She finally went back to teach in September 2002, with the lawless officials constantly harassing and closely monitoring her, thus putting her under lots of pressure.

In March 2005, policemen Long Lianghui (male), and others from Sanqu Town Station stormed into her house and ransacked it, finding nothing. They left without any explanation. Ms. Deng went to the Dazu County Police Department and Sanqu Town Police Station to reason with them, but got no results. This incident caused her mental anguish and made it impossible for her to sleep. Because of this she became thin and weak and finally died on July 25, 2005.