(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Zhu Xiyu has been displaying a banner reading "Falun Dafa is Good" and demonstrating the Falun Gong exercises for the last two years at the Jindalai (Korean Rhododendron) Square in Yanji City (a Ethnic Korean Autonomous Region), Jilin Province. She has been arrested six times and imprisoned for more than one year, but she has never given up her appeals.

As reported by the Minghui website (Chinese version of Clearwisdom.net) on June 1, 2005, Ms. Zhu has been illegally imprisoned and cruelly persecuted many times. In the last two months, she was illegally arrested three times. Recently, Yanji City Public Security arrested her again. She went on a hunger strike and was later released. Moved by her unyielding persistence in Dafa, local practitioners decided to photograph Ms. Zhu holding a banner reading "Falun Dafa is Good" and then report the event publicly.

On July 18, 2005, Dafa practitioners took pictures of Ms Zhu Xiyu holding a Dafa banner at Rhododendron Square in Yanji City. The banner says "Falun Dafa is Good" and "Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is Good" and is displayed in front of the people who were doing their morning qi gong exercises there.

On September 1, 2003, the Henan Police Station in Yanji City arrested Ms. Zhu. They tortured her in attempts to extort a so-called "confession." On September 2, she was transferred to the Yanji Public Security building.

She was hung and suspended from a crossbeam with only her hands to support her weight. When she was unable to bear the pain, she fainted. The evil policemen were angry with Ms. Zhu, and they wanted to know the source of her truth-clarifying materials. They beat her head with their fists, grasped her hair, slammed her head against a wall, and kicked her. Her face was so severely beaten it was covered with blood and she was beyond recognition. After 13 hours of ruthless torture, her whole body was swollen and she was unable to walk. Ms. Zhu went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution and was force-fed by seven or eight prisoners. On September 19, 2003, after hunger striking for 17 days, the guards from the Yanji National Security building took Ms. Zhu to the Heizuizi Forced Labor Camp in Changchun City intending to have her serve three years of hard labor, but the camp refused to accept her.

On the morning of November 4, 2003, police from the Yanji City National Security building broke into Ms. Zhu's home and took her to the Heizuizi Labor Camp to serve two years of forced labor. While in the camp, Ms. Zhu suffered brutal torture. She refused to give in or to do hard labor, and went on a hunger strike. She was severely beaten, shocked with electric batons, imprisoned in isolation, and tied down to a "dead man's bed." (1) The policemen force-fed her so severely that her nose bled, and afterwards they threw her out into the snow. The police kicked her face and broke her front teeth. On December 3, 2004, after 25 days of hunger strike, she was finally released.

On April 13, 2005, the Yanji City Public Security Bureau again arrested Ms. Zhu. She again went on a hunger strike and was released a few days later.

In late April 2005, Ms. Zhu went to Rhododendron Square to hold a banner reading "Falun Dafa is Good" and yet again the police arrested her. She went on a hunger strike to protest against the persecution and was released a few days later.

In mid-May 2005, instigated by the Yanji City 610 Office, Ms. Zhu was arrested at her place of work at the Northwestern Asian Grand Hotel and taken to a mental hospital. Again, she went on a hunger strike and refused to cooperate with the evil persecution. She also resisted torturous drug injections. The evil people unsuccessfully tried every means possible to coerce Ms. Zhu, but in the end she was released again. (See Minghui website article on June 1, 2005 http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2005/6/1/103114.html, no English translation yet available).

In early July 2005, Yanji City Public Security again arrested Ms. Zhu. She was released several days later after she held a hunger strike.

When Ms. Zhu displayed the banner reading "Falun Dafa is Good," many people had different reactions. Some cursed and insulted her, some hit her or tried to steal the banner from her, some people praised her, and some shouted, "Falun Dafa is Good!" When we quietly photographed her on July 18, 2005, some people showed their approval, but some people who didn't know the truth chased her away. Her banner was taken away that day. Facing people with different reactions, Ms. Zhu always smiled and tried to persuade people to be kind by using her compassion.

To this day, Ms. Zhu has persisted in displaying her banner reading "Falun Dafa is Good" and doing the exercises in Korean Rhododendron Square. We hope that all of the kind-hearted people in the world remember, "Falun Dafa is good," and that more people will sense the compassion of Dafa practitioners. We sincerely hope that more Chinese people will be able to choose a bright future for themselves.


(1) Dead man's bed - The four limbs of the practitioner are stretched out and tied to the four corners of a cold metal bed frame. The practitioner cannot move at all. He is not allowed to get up to eat, drink, or use the bathroom. This treatment usually lasts from several hours to more than a dozen days. As one can imagine, this type of cruel torture causes severe damage to the practitioner's mind and body. See the illustration of this form of torture at http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2004/12/15/55600.html.