Facts of the Persecution

Persecution Facts about Practitioner Ms. Ren Shufen in Masanjia Labor Camp

Ms. Ren Shufen is an elderly lady. She was abducted to Masanjia Labor Camp in June 2003. Prison guards tortured her both mentally and physically in order to force her to give up her practice of Falun Dafa. She has been forced to stand three whole days without being allowed to sleep and then forced to squat, causing her legs and feet to become so swollen that she could not wear shoes. Her family was not allowed to visit her during this time. She was sent to the Senior Ward in September 2003, where she was again tortured by being forced to stand or squat for long periods of time. If she fell down because her legs became numb, she would be forced by four to five prisoners to squat and would not be allowed to stand up or move. She was only allowed to use the toilet twice a day. Once guards tied up her legs in the lotus position and would not allow her to put her legs down. Guards also froze her outside on the cold days in December, forcing her to stand outside for a half a day or forcing her to sit in the hallway without warm clothes. She has been beaten often in the camp.


2. Practitioner Mr. Chen Anjun from Leshan City, Sichuan Province, Is Forced to Leave Home

Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Chen Anjun from Leshan City, Sichuan Province, learned about the 610 Office plan to abduct him to a brainwashing class two weeks ago. He noticed many plainclothes officers along his route to take his daughter to and from school. Several unknown vehicles followed him when he went out with his friends and family on June 9. In order to avoid being arrested, he escaped, without telling his family, and has been living a destitute and homeless life since then.


3. Persecution Crimes of Police from Niuxintai Substation in Benxi City, Liaoning Province

On April 19, 2005, around 7:00 a.m., police from the Niuxintai Substation in Benxi City, Liaoning Province, including Zhu Yan (male), Wu Bin (male), and Li Yong (male) stormed into practitioner Ms. Wang Cuilan's home, stealing all her valuables and cash. They handcuffed Ms. Wang, who resisted them because she was innocent. The police beat and kicked her until she was covered with wounds. Police dragged her to the substation and suspended her from a metal beam. Because Ms. Wang's daughter, Song Xiuli, condemned the police brutality, she was also beaten by the police, dragged to the substation, and hung up. Ms. Wang's husband, in his 70s, is not a Falun Dafa practitioner, but he was also beaten until he passed out. Police poured cold water over him to revive him. Ms. Wang Cuilan and her daughter were left hanging from the beam until 10 a.m. and then sent to Benxi City Detention Center. On May 19, 2005, Ms. Wang and her daughter were both sent to Masanjia Labor Camp. Ms. Wang was sent home due to her age and physical condition, but her daughter Sang Xiuli is still locked up in Masanjia Labor Camp.