Latest News from China - May 12, 2005
- [Tianshui City, Gansu Province] Mr. Wang Yuanxin Arrested; Mr. Pu Binpeng Forced to Become Homeless
- [Xianyang City, Shaanxi Province] Ms. He Chunlan and Four Other Practitioners Arrested
- [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Mr. Wang Sheng Held in a Police Station in Wuchang District
- [Pingquan, Hebei Province] Pingquan State Security Division Arrests and Harasses Local Falun Gong Practitioners
- [Shiyan City, Hubei Province] Ms. He Jiao Illegally Put on Trial in Maojian District Court
- [Jiujiang City, Jiangxi Province] Ms. Chen Youyun and Other Practitioners Held in Custody for Years
- [Li County, Hebei Province] Police Arrest Ms. Wang Sumei and Two Other Practitioners
- [Xi'an City, Shaanxi Province] Persecution against Mr. Li Zhao and Other Practitioners
- [Tieling City, Liaoning Province] Updates on Ms. Liu Qingyu from Qinghe District
- [Penglai City, Shandong Province] Mr. Han Lezhong Arrested
- [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Wang Ping and Other Practitioners Arrested
- [Liaoyuan City, Liaoning Province] Several Practitioners Illegally Arrested
1. [Tianshui City, Gansu Province] Mr. Wang Yuanxin Arrested; Mr. Pu Binpeng Forced to Become Homeless
Mr. Wang Yuanxin from Gangu County in Tianshui City, Gansu Province was arrested again in mid-April by the county police. Mr. Pu Binpeng has been forced to become homeless. Prior to this, local police had extorted 10,000 yuan from each of them.
2. [Xianyang City, Shaanxi Province] Ms. He Chunlan and Four Other Practitioners Arrested
On April 20, 2005, Ms. He Chunlan from the Weihe Electric Plant in Xianyang, Ms. Lu Jinlan, Ms. Yang Liying, Ms. Luo Ruizhi and Mr. Zhan Zhiqing were arrested in their homes respectively. When the police broke into Ms. He's home, she was sitting in meditation. Her glasses fell to the ground and broke into pieces as the officers forcibly took her away. The whereabouts of the five practitioners are unknown.
3. [Wuhan City, Hubei Province] Mr. Wang Sheng Held in a Police Station in Wuchang District
Mr. Wang Sheng works in Wuhan City. On May 9, he was arrested while distributing truth clarifying materials. His office was searched. He is being held in the Zhongnan Road Police Station in Wuchang District.
4. [Pingquan, Hebei Province] Pingquan State Security Division Arrests and Harasses Local Falun Gong Practitioners
Mr. Ren Qingli was turned in to the police by Wang Delin who lives on Nandajie Street in Pingquan on April 28, 2005 and was arrested by the state security division.
Around 9:00 a.m. on April 29, five officers led by Mu Baomin of the state security division broke into Mr. Wang Shuwen and Ms. Liu Yulan's home to harass them. Around 3:00 p.m. the same day, Mr. Luo Wenkui was also harassed by state security officers who broke into his home.
Relevant telephone numbers:
Country code: 86, area code: 314
Wang Delin, informant who has been awarded 200 yuan: 6020596 (home)
Office of Chief of the Pingquan Police Department: 6024842, 6024873
Hu Qiwen, head of the State Security Division: 6026481 (home), 86-13703143715 (cell)
Liu Xiuchun, chief of the police department: 6020341 (home)
Tong Lijun, Party secretary of the police department: 6021997 (home)
Mu Baojun, deputy chief of the police department: 6022183 (home)
Song Zhansheng, vicious officer from the police department: 6039888 (home)
No. 13 Division of the Beijiao Prison in Shijiazhuang City: 7751912 ext. 6575
5. [Shiyan City, Hubei Province] Ms. He Jiao Illegally Put on Trial in Maojian District Court
The Maojian District Court in Shiyan City, Hubei Province has scheduled an illegal trial of Ms. He Jiao, a young teacher from the city's Shiyan Middle School, on the morning of May 11, 2005
6. [Jiujiang City, Jiangxi Province] Ms. Chen Youyun and Other Practitioners Held in Custody for Years
In January 2000, Ms. Chen Youyun, Ms. Wu Yanpng and several other people from Jiujiang City, Jiangxi Province were forcibly taken to a brainwashing center from their homes. They held firm their beliefs in Falun Dafa. As a result, they have been unlawfully held in custody for nearly five years, long after their terms of custody ended.
7. [Li County, Hebei Province] Police Arrest Ms. Wang Sumei and Two Other Practitioners
Between 12:00 a.m. and 4:00 a.m. on May 10, 2005, Ms. Wang Sumei, Ms. Zhao Guo and another practitioner whose name is unknown, all from Li County in Baoding City, Hebei Province, were forcibly taken into custody and sent to a brainwashing center known as the "Baoding Legal Education Base" in Baoding City.
8. [Xi'an City, Shaanxi Province] Persecution against Mr. Li Zhao and Other Practitioners
Mr. Li Zhao was arrested while distributing truth clarifying materials in November 2004. He was initially held in the Yanta Road Detention Center. Later he was sentenced to one year in prison. Mr. Li is being held in the Zaozihe Men's Forced Labor Camp.
Ms. Bai Changling was arrested during the Spring Festival Season early 2004 after informants turned her in to the police. She was initially held in the Yanta Road Detention Center, where she endured inhumane torture and suffered severe injuries. She was sent to Ankang Hospital for treatment. She was transferred to the No. 5 Division of the police department before she recuperated.
Wang Huijun was arrested in March 2004 and was held in the Yanta Road Detention Center. It was reported that he was tortured and injected with unknown substances. As a result, he was in daze and drooled continually. His whereabouts are unknown.
9. [Tieling City, Liaoning Province] Updates on Ms. Liu Qingyu from Qinghe District
Around 11:00 p.m. on April 23, 2005, six or seven officers led by Lan Wen, director of the Hongqi Street Police Station in Qinghe District, opened Ms. Liu Qingyu's door with a universal key. The officers searched her home without presenting any warrants, confiscating Falun Dafa books, truth clarifying CDs and some cash. They also forcibly took Ms. Liu into custody and sent her to the Qinghe District Detention Center.
In the detention center, Ms. Liu went on a hunger strike. The officers put shackles on her and assigned two inmates to watch her closely. Each day, she was forced to have an IV. On May 8 (the sixteenth day of her hunger strike), Ms. Liu was illegally sentenced to three years of forced labor by the Qinghe District Police Department. She was sent to the Tieling City Forced Labor Camp. Due to her physical condition, the labor camp authorities refused to admit her. Ms. Liu's term was changed to be "served offsite" and she was taken home by her family.
10. [Penglai City, Shandong Province] Mr. Han Lezhong Arrested
Mr. Han Lezhong lives in Hantong Village in Penglai City, Shandong Province. On April 29, officers from the Nanguan Road Police Station and officials from the Penglai City 610 Office arrested him. The officers located information that Mr. Han downloaded from the Internet, confiscating his personal computer and other materials.
Relevant telephone numbers:
Hao Jianwei, director of the Nanguan Police Station who carried out the
arrest: 86-13963846266 (cell), 86-535-5655958 (office), 86-535-5648775 (office)
Zhang Yu, police officer: 86-13792570966 (cell)
Li Weixun, informant, village Party secretary: 86-1395450888 (cell)
11. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Wang Ping and Other Practitioners Arrested
On April 20 and April 22, 2005, officers from the Dalian City Police Department joined those from the Fuzhouwan Town Police Department in Wafangdian City and arrested Mr. Tang and Ms. Wang Ping in Fuzhouwan Town, Wafangdian City (which is a subordinate city in Dalian). The officers confiscated two personal computers, two printers in addition to other items worth over 20,000 yuan. It has been reported that the two practitioners are being held in the Dalian City Detention Center. The cause of the arrests was that they were under surveillance when accessing the Internet via cellular phone.
Relevant telephone numbers:
Country code: 86, area code: 411
Main telephone line of the Dalian City Police Department: 83631881 (and ask for extensions of Disciplinary Division, administration office, and the office of the department chief)
Appeal's Office of the Dalian City Police Department: 83631486
Political Division of the Wafangdian City Police Department: 85612625
Security and Administration Division: 85613029
Fuzhouwan Town Police Department in Wafangdian City: 85205017
12. [Liaoyuan City, Liaoning Province] Several Practitioners Illegally Arrested
On May 5, 2005, an elderly female practitioner in Liaoyuan City, Jilin Province was arrested while distributing truth clarifying materials in the Dongshan Police Agency in Liaoyuan City. Another elderly practitioner who accompanied her managed to escape, but he was arrested at his home on May 6.
Li Yuping, deputy chief of the police department in charge of this case: 3224894 (office), 3195613 (home), 86-1335156004 (cell)
May 11, 2005