Latest News from China - June 18, 2005
- [Jilin City] Mr. Shang Chunguang Arrested
- [Rongcheng City, Shandong Province] Police Arrest Mr. He Lianguang
- [Hubei Province] Nine People Including Mr. Liao Yuanhua Are Being Unconstitutionally Detained
- [Xinjiang, Urumqi] Mr. Liu Zhongxiang and His Wife Are Arrested
- [Guanghan City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Chen Daoxiu Arrested
- [Lianyuanyang City, Hunan Province] Mr. Tong Dingqing of Zhenquanhe Village Arrested
- [Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province] Police Arrest Ms. Han Shuyun
- [Liaoning, Fushun] Police Arrest Mr. Gexin
- [Inner Mongolia] Mr. Zhou Hongwen Unconstitutionally Sentenced to Three Years of Forced Labor for Demanding the Return of His Bail
- [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Xian Mingzhen of Longquan District Is Arrested
- [Shandong] Wendeng City and Haiyang City 610 Office Agents Arrest Practitioners
- [Guizhou] Mr. Wu Botong and His Wife Pan Yingmei Are Detained in Zhenfeng County Detention Center
- [Hebei] Baoding Normal Junior College Student Ms. Bu Li Is Arrested
- [Yiyang City, Hunan Province] Ms. Liu Yuwei Missing for Days
- [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Police from Hepin Police Department, Dongli Division, Broke in to Make Arrests
- [Heilongjiang] Ms. Li Peiqin of the Great Xingan Mountains Arrested
- [Shanghai] Ms. Gu Jihong of Putuo District Is Arrested
- [Liaoning, Huludao] Ms. Wan Zhongmei Is Undergoing a Hunger Strike to Protest the Extension of Her Term in Masanjia
- [Henan] Ms. Zhang Qing from Machinery Manufacturing Factory, Zhengzhou City, Is Arrested
1. [Jilin City] Mr. Shang Chunguang Arrested
At around 7:00 a.m. on June 16, 2005, a few officers from the Guchuan Police Department, Longtan Division, Jilin City Police Station, broke into Mr. Shang Chunguang's house to arrest him. Mr. Shang refused to cooperate. At around 10:50 a.m., six to seven policemen from the Guchuan Police Department arrested Mr. Shang and are currently detaining him in the Jilin Detention Center.
Phone numbers of relevant departments:
Guchuan Police Department, Longtan Division, Jilin City Police Station: 86-432-3909292
Jilin City Longtan Division: 86-432-3039658
Police Dispatch Department: 86-432-3038715
Fax: 86-432-3067720, 86-432-2193057, 86-432-3418617, 86-432-2193058
Bureau Chief Wang Yi: 86-432-3037105 (Office), 86-432-2024868 (Home)
Judiciary Committee Member Li Yulin: 86-432-3039853 (Office), 86-432-2579011 (Home)
Deputy Bureau Chief Sun Wei: 86-432-3039860 (Office)
Deputy Bureau Chief Hao Zhuang: 86-432-3039647 (Office), 86-432-2443666 (Home), 86-13904404438 (Cell)
Political Department Head Bei Shaoguang: 86-432-3418331 (Office), 86-432-2563399 (Home)
2. [Rongcheng City, Shandong Province] Police Arrest Mr. He Lianguang
Police from the Shidao Police Division arrested practitioner Mr. He Lianguang from Jiekao Village, Rongcheng City, on June 3, 2005, when he was going to work. They are detaining him in the Rongcheng Detention Center.
Someone reported to the police when Rongcheng City practitioners Ms. Yu Guihua and Ms. Bi Xinfang were taking a walk around 8:00 p.m. on June 16, 2005. Local officers from the Taoyuan Frontier Security office arrested them and sent them to Shidao Frontier Security Station.
Relevant phone numbers:
Taoyuan Frontier Security: 86-631-7374774
Shidao Frontier Security Station Office: 86-631-7382409
Shidao Police Division: 86-631-7376554
Jiekou Village Committee: 86-631-7382482
3. [Hubei Province] Nine People Including Mr. Liao Yuanhua Are Being Unconstitutionally Detained
Police officers from Wu Xue City arrested Mr. Liao Yuanhua, Ms. Shi Liping, Mr. Yu Jimin, Mr. Yu Tiejun, Ms. Yu Chunhong, Mr. Lan Guowen, Mr. Chen Xianhua, Mr. Zhu Jianxun, and Ms. Wu Yaqin because they revealed details of Shayangfanjiatai Prison's torture of Mr. Liao Yuanhua and sent photos overseas. We have learned that these practitioners are having to endure brainwashing classes and cruel mental torture.
According to the Republic of China Criminal Law number 124 (edited), "Custody investigation shouldn't exceed two months." The police have detained Mr. Zhu Jianxun for over half a year, and they have detained Mr. Liao Yuanhjua for close to nine months.
4. [Urumqi, Xinjiang] Mr. Liu Zhongxiang and His Wife Are Arrested
Between 2:00 p.m. and 3:30 p.m., National Security agent Yang Tao and thugs from the Xin District in Urumqi followed Ms. Zhang Cuiling, who had just been released from the East Gobi Labor Camp, to Mr. Liu Zhongxiang's house near the Liyu Mountain area. Mr. Zhang Zhongxiang and his wife Liu Xiaoru were giving Ms. Zhang Cuiling some Falun Gong materials when Yang Tao and the thugs rushed out of their car, seized the materials and beat Mr. Liu Zhongxiang. They arrested Mr. Liu Zhongxiang, Ms. Liu Xiaoru and Ms. Zhang Cuiling. Ms. Liu Xiaoru was released that afternoon, but we do not know her whereabouts. They are still detaining Mr. Liu Zhongxiang in the Xishan Detention Center.
Relevant phone numbers:
Xin City District Police Division: 86-991-3838556
Bureau Chief Office: 86-991-3835139
Deputy Bureau Chief Office: 86-991-3822718, 86-991-3813682, 86-991-3838734
Xishan Detention Center: 86-991-4522725
5. [Guanghan City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Chen Daoxiu Arrested
On June 6, 2005, Guanghan police officers once again arrested the 51-year-old Ms. Chen Daoxiu of Huashi Street, Guanghan City, from her store. The police also ransacked her store.
Guanghan City Hall Office: 86-838-5222467; Email: email@example.com
Mayor's website: http://www.guanghan.gov.cn/
Guanghan People's Court Director Shi Xiaoli: 86-838-5222262 Fax:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
6. [Lianyuanyang City, Hunan Province] Mr. Tong Dingqing of Zhenquanhe Village Arrested
On June 11 2005, during the Dragon Boat Festival, the police arrested Mr. Tong Dingqin of Zhenquanhe Village, Lianyuanyang City, from his home. At this time the police are prohibiting the family from visiting.
7. [Jinzhou City, Liaoning Province] Police Arrest Ms. Han Shuyun
On June 16, 2005, the railroad security officers of Shanhaiguan Train Station searched Ms. Han Shuyun of the Nuerhe Sewing Factory, Jinzhou City. They took two Falun Dafa books. The Nuerhe Police Station sent her back to Jinzhou City's First Detention Center that same day.
Relevant phone numbers:
Nuerhe Police Station director: 86-13604966277 (cell)
Nuerhe Police Station Duty Room: 86-416-5139243
8. [Liaoning, Fushun] Police Arrest Mr. Gexin
Around 10:00 a.m. on May 9, 2005, when Mr. Gexin was selling goods in front of Wushun City South Station, a few policemen arrested him. Currently his whereabouts are unknown.
9. [Inner Mongolia] Mr. Zhou Hongwen Unconstitutionally Sentenced to Three Years of Forced Labor for Demanding the Return of His Bail
After the 2005 Chinese New Year, Mr. Zhou Hongwen from Chaihe Town, Zhalantun City, Inner Mongolia, went to the local 610 Office to seek the return of the 5,000 yuan that the 610 Office had extorted from him three years ago for practicing Falun Gong openly. The city national security group leader Zhang Yong and fellow officers, instead of returning the money, detained Mr. Zhou Hongwen. They came up with criminal offenses and sentenced Zhou Hongwen to three years of forced labor at the Tumo Forced Labor Camp in Zhalaiteqi, Inner Mongolia.
10. [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Ms. Xian Mingzhen of the Longquan District Is Arrested
Ms. Xian Mingzhen from the Longquan District, Chengdu City was arrested on June 10, 2005.
Resident Committee Secretary, Pingjiang Village, Hangtian District: 86-28-84807769
Beigandao Police Station, Longquan Town
Longquan District 610 Office Secretary He Xiwen, Director Li Hao
11. [Shandong] Wendeng City and Haiyang City 610 Office Agents Arrest Practitioners
On May 17, 2005, around 7:00 pm, Wendeng City police, led by Xiang Hongpin, unlawfully entered Mr. Du Kesong's house in Shihuiyao Village, Songcun Town, Wendeng City. Because Mr. Du Kesong wasn't present, they arrested his wife Ms. Zhou Chengqing and took all the valuable belongings from their house. Ms. Zhou Chengqing left the detention center on May 28 with righteous thoughts. Later, the police arrested Mr. Du Kesong in the Wendeng Center Hospital. His current whereabouts are unknown.
On the same day, the police also arrested Ms. Song Xiuyan of Caobu Village, Songcun Town. She still has an infant at home that needs to be nursed.
On May 15, many practitioners from Haiyang City were arrested. Among them was Mr. Zhang Xianjun, an employee of Haiyang Train Station.
12. [Guizhou] Mr. Wu Botong and His Wife Pan Yingmei Are Detained in Zhenfeng County Detention Center
Mr. Wu Botong, 73 years old, and Ms. Pan Yingmei of Anshun, Guizhou, went to Zhenfeng County to clarify the truth. The police arrested, detained, and tortured them in Zhenfeng County Detention Center. They have been sent to Zhongba Forced Labor Camp. In the past they were forced to attend brainwashing classes numerous times.
Zhenfeng Police Station: 86-859-6610202
Zhenfeng Detention Center: 86-859-6610933
13. [Hebei] Baoding Normal Junior College Student Ms. Bu Li Is Arrested
Ms. Bu Li, a 2004 student in geography education from Baoding Teacher's College, was handing out Falun Gong materials in Hebei Beida University on May 23, 2005. Someone reported her to the police, and she was arrested. She is being held at the Baoding Brainwashing Center, where she has been for over a month.
Security Department, Beishi District Police Division, Baoding City: 86-312-2025241
Third Division, Baiding City Police Station: 86-312-3027039
14. [Yiyang City, Hunan Province] Ms. Liu Yuwei Missing for Days
Yiyang City practitioner Ms. Liu Yuwei, around 30 years old, was unlawfully sent to Baima Forced Labor Camp in Zhuzhou in the past. When she came out, her husband, blinded by the Communist Party's lies, often beat and verbally abused her. On March 2004, after she was forced to divorce, she left home and began moving from place to place to avoid the persecution. On June 8, 2005, someone saw her in Changsha. Since then no one knows her whereabouts.
15. [Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province] Police from Hepin Police Department, Dongli Division, Broke in to Make Arrests
Two officers from the Hepin Police Department, Dongli Division, Harbin City, broke into Yu Qinghua's house at around 8:00 a.m. on June 15, 2005. There was a guest at Yu Qinghua's house. The police wanted to arrest both of them, but the guest refused. The police later sent three more people, who put the practitioners into the car and took them to Dongli Division. Yu Qinghua's friend was rescued the next day.
16. [Heilongjiang] Ms. Li Peiqin of the Great Xingan Mountains Arrested
Ms. Li Peiqin, 55 years old, of the Great Xingan Mountains, started practicing Falun Dafa in 1996. Before the practice she had genetic cardiac diseases, high blood pressure and rheumatism. All these were cured after she started practicing. In March 2002, she was sentenced to two years in a forced labor camp in Shanghai.
In November 2004, as she was clarifying the truth in Jiagedaqi in the Great Xingan Mountains, someone reported her to the police. She was sentenced to three years in prison with four years probation.
On May 29, 2005, officers from the Jiading Police Station and the Shanghai Police Station went to her house. They deceived her and took her away. Currently she is being held and tortured in the detention center of Jiading Division.
Ren Shuming (who participated in the arrest): 86-13391097233 (Cell)
17. [Shanghai] Ms. Gu Jihong of the Putuo District Is Arrested
Ms. Gu Jihong of the Ganquan Area in the Putuo District was once sentenced to three years of prison for mailing materials clarifying the truth about Falun Dafa. During her three years in Songjiang Women's Prison, she was tortured physically and mentally. She was sent to brainwashing classes as well. She left the prison in 2003.
On June 14, 2005, she was giving out materials clarifying the truth about Falun Dafa. Putuo District police arrested her and ransacked her house. Now she is being held in the Putuo District Detention Center.
18. [Liaoning, Huludao] Ms. Wan Zhongmei Is Undergoing a Hunger Strike to Protest the Extension of Her Term in Masanjia
Ms. Wan Zhongmei, 33 years old, is from Xnichang, Huludao. She was sentenced to forced labor for three years in 2002. Her sentence ended in June 2005, but Masanjia Forced Labor Camp authorities extended her term and refused to let her go. Now Ms. Wan Zhongmei is undergoing a hunger strike. They have put her on an intravenous drip and have refused to let her family visit her.
Ms. Wan Zhongmei was previously sentenced to 18 months of forced labor.
19. [Henan] Ms. Zhang Qing from Machinery Manufacturing Factory, Zhengzhou City, Is Arrested.
The police from National Security Group One, Division 27, arrested Ms. Zhang Qing of the Machinery Manufacturing Factory, Zhengzhou City when she was working on May 23, 2005. They detained her in Division 27 for 15 days. On the morning of June 7, they sent her to Baimiao Forced Labor Camp, Third Group, to continue to torture her.
Cao Guoqing, leader of Group One, Division 27, National Security, office: 86-371-69627068
June 17, 2005