On the evening of September 13, 2004, I was distributing Falun Dafa information fliers around Xiaoqu village where I live. The night patrol must have noticed me, for an officer came and arrested me without a word. I was then locked up in the village security office overnight. At about 5 a.m. the next morning, escorted by another officer, I was sent to the Central Security Center, where the head of the department questioned me. As he couldn't find anything to hold against me, he sent in another officer to continue with the interrogation. When I refused to answer, he hit me. In the meantime, the office sent out someone to the village where I was apprehended. Using the keys I handed in on arrival, they tested the door of every house in the village. Finally they located my home, entered, and ransacked it. All they found was a copy of Zhuan Falun and some of Teacher's lectures, which they later used as "evidence" against me.

I was left locked in a room upstairs of the security center.

"I cannot be another victim of their persecution," I said to myself. "I am a Dafa practitioner and I have work to do." Looking around, I noticed that the window was the only way out.

Before I knew what had happened, I was already on the ground surrounded by people. The police came and I was sent to the hospital. As I was handled very unprofessionally, the trip to the hospital caused further complications to my injury. An X-ray showed that I had multiple fractures to my hip from the fall, and my bladder was punctured as well. The doctor ordered me not to move, and a surgical operation was carried out. The pain was excruciating.

After the surgery, the police still asked a lot of questions. They were interested only in where I got the Dafa books and printed materials. I told myself, "I am a Dafa practitioner, and my mission is to save sentient beings. My immediate concern is to get back on my feet again. You are not going to get anything out of me."

I put in a request to go home, but the hospital rejected it saying, "The fracture is too severe. Your hipbone is damaged. Even if you recover, it is unlikely that you will walk again."

Although the police never stopped questioning me, I remained unmoved. All I wanted was to keep up my obligation as a Dafa practitioner, by sending righteous thoughts and reciting Teacher's words constantly.

I recited the following verses:

"When a disciple's righteous thoughts are strong, Teacher has a way to reinstate the power of heaven." (Hongyin II, provisional translation)

"I am rooted in the universe. If anyone can harm you, he or she would be able to harm me. Put simply, that person would be able to harm this universe." (Zhuan Falun).

After a month of continually reciting Teacher's words, I managed to sit up again. At the end of the second month, I could even stand on my feet. By the time I left the hospital, my general health had recovered.

There were numerous moments of agonizing pain, which sometimes were unbearable. Whenever that happened, I closed my eyes and said, "Merciful Teacher, help me." Then, the pain disappeared as suddenly as it had appeared and when I opened my eyes again, I saw little Faluns rotating around me. Indeed, Teacher is with us all the time.