Facts of the Persecution

Practitioner Ms. Tong Li still held at the Jiamusi Forced Labor Camp

Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Tong Li, 47 years old, worked in the financial department of the Hualian Hotel. Police abducted her in mid-May 2002. She has been brutally tortured in Jiamusi Forced Labor Camp for over three years. One of the tortures is the "Forced Backbend," a very painful form of torture in which one arm is pushed down the back behind the head and the other pushed up to meet it from the lower back. The hands are cuffed together to cause unbearable pain. For a long time Ms. Tong could only walk with assistance because her ankles were severely swollen. She needed help walking and every step caused her great pain.

During the 2005 Chinese New Year, Ms. Tong Li ran a fever and had a headache. Around January 8, 2005, Team Eight personnel tortured the practitioners. Ms. Tong could not sit on a stool and fell off it twice, so she lay on the cold tile floor for a whole day. Liu Yadong, the head of Team Eight, didn't allow her to sleep in bed or sit on a cushion. Despite Ms. Li's condition, they didn't allow her to speak to anyone. During the day they refused to let her rest. If she even slightly relaxed her back, the guards and the inmates would hurl insults at her. Ms. Tong Li has been illegally detained for over three years, yet Liu Yadong has said that Tong Li will have her sentence extended by at least 100 days. Right now, 41 female practitioners and about 20 male practitioners are being held at the Jiamusi Forced Labor Camp. They are being ruthlessly tortured like Tong Li and are deprived of all personal freedom.


Practitioner and teacher Ms. Che Di falls critically ill as officials from the Beijing Road Police Station in Jilin City arrest her at her elementary school

Dafa practitioner Ms. Che Di is around 30 years of age. She is a teacher at the No. 25 Elementary School in the Chuanying District in Jilin City. On June 17, 2005, officers from the Beijing Road Police Station in the Chuanying District broke into the school and tried to force Ms. Che Di to slander Dafa and give up her belief in Dafa. Ms. Che refused, and the authorities arrested her. As they were taking her away, Ms. Che suddenly lost consciousness and fell on the ground at the school. Other teachers rushed her to the hospital emergency room, while the police officers hurriedly left. A large expense was incurred as the hospital thoroughly examined Ms. Che. Because she was in critical condition, the hospital admitted her after administering emergency treatment.


Wu Xuguo, former head of the Fangzi District Education Bureau in Weifang City, persecutes practitioners

Wu Xuguo, former head of the Fangzi District Education Bureau in Weifang City, personally participated in the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners in the education system. In 2001, Wu Xuguo actively followed orders from the government. He organized the teachers and students in the Fangzi District to sign their names supporting an anti-Falun Gong movement and forced the teachers and students to watch Dafa-slandering videos. In late 2001, Wu Xuguo cooperated with the district 610 Office and the 610 Office at the police department in abducting Li Maiying and Du Jiqun, two practitioners who are employees of the Education Bureau. They sent the practitioners to the Weifang City 610 Office and deducted 2,000 yuan from their salaries for "reform fees." Wang Quanfeng and Zhao Chenglin from the Fangzi District Police Department extorted 10,000 yuan from Du Jiqun's family. In June 2002, Mr. Du Jiqun was sentenced to four years in prison. His daughter, who is attending middle school, is left uncared for. In March 2002, Wu Xuguo ordered Liu Qingjian, principal of the No. 12 Middle School, to cooperate with the district 610 Office in abducting Zhao Xuemei, a popular teacher, to a brainwashing class. In May 2002, Zhao Xuemei was fired and forced to leave home. In late 2004, practitioner Li Maiying was sentenced to forced labor for clarifying the truth.