(Clearwisdom.net) Mr. Yang Xifeng was a Falun Dafa practitioner from Handan City, Hebei Province. After he practiced Falun Gong, he recovered from his illnesses, including cerebral arteriosclerosis and diabetes. Ever since the persecution of Falun Dafa began on July 20, 1999, lawless persons from the police station and the street committee have harassed him, searched his home, and arrested him. Police officer Yan Junren from the Congdong Police Station forcibly sent him to a detention center to persecute him, which resulted in a relapse of his old illnesses. He became very weak and unable to keep his balance while walking. He died on October 24, 2002.

Mr. Yang was 60 years old. Before practicing Falun Gong, he suffered from cerebral arteriosclerosis, duodenal ulcer (which hemorrhaged three times), and diabetes. His blood sugar level was extremely high, causing him partial blindness and severe heart problems. In 1995 he began practicing Falun Gong, after being introduced to the practice by an acquaintance. Within a few months his health improved significantly. He could eat anything and work normally. In early 1998, he rode his bicycle to a place about 50 miles away to spread the Fa, a 100 mile round-trip. Afterwards, he didn't feel tired, even though he took no breaks along the way. After beginning Falun Gong practice he never needed another dose of medicine, which lessened the financial burden on his workplace, as well as on his family.

After the persecution of Dafa began, lawless persons from the police station, the street committee, and the residential committee often harassed him. To tell people that Falun Dafa is good, Mr. Yang distributed Dafa materials on the evening of August 30, 2001 and was illegally arrested by officers from the Congdong Police Station. At about 9:00 p.m., An Zhenzhi from the Congtai Police Station and Yan Junren from the Congdong Police Station led six officers in two police cars to search Mr. Yang's house. They confiscated 16 tapes, Dafa books, truth-clarifying materials, a copper incense burner, his ID card and other items.

After two days of torture in the police station, the authorities sent him to the No. 1 Detention Center. The detention center authorities refused to accept him because he failed the health entrance exam. The next day they ordered him brought to a medical school for a check-up. The result was even worse than that obtained in the detention center. Yan Junren asked for the signature of the Congtai District Police Department chief and sent Mr. Yang to the detention center a second time. The detention center still refused to accept him. Policeman Yan Junren then went to the City Police Department and asked for the police department head's signature, saying that as long as Mr. Yang has a breath left the detention center must accept him for detention.

Mr. Yang was thus forcibly sent to the No. 1 Detention Center to be persecuted. In the detention center Mr. Yang not only couldn't study the Fa or do the exercises, he was subjected to all sorts of tortures. Within just one month his old illnesses relapsed. The police station authorities were afraid to take responsibility, so they reported the state of Mr. Yang's health to the Congtai District Police Department, suggesting that he be released. The Politics and Security Section personnel in the District Police Department said that Mr. Yang must be reexamined. One day, the Politics and Security Section notified Mr. Yang's family to bring him to the hospital to reexamine his health. Once his family found a car and went to the detention center to take Mr. Yang home, the detention center authorities claimed that it was too late [in the day] and told them to come back on another day. Two days later Mr. Yang was taken to the Central Hospital to be reexamined. His blood and urine sugar levels were much higher than normal and he also had heart problems. Regardless, the police authorities still refused to release him. Mr. Yang's family asked for help everywhere. In late September 2001, the police authorities ordered his son to pay 5,000 yuan to have Mr. Yang bailed out for one year.

After returning home Mr. Yang's body was very weak. He couldn't even keep his balance while walking. Even so, the Congdong Police Department authorities still ordered local police and street committee personnel to harass him. Sometimes they went to his home after 11:00 p.m. These terrifying circumstances made it impossible for him to rest. Mr. Yang died on October 24, 2002.