(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Li Peiyi from Linquan County, Fuyang City, Anhui Province was illegally sent to a forced labor camp and mental hospital by personnel from the 610 Office because he persisted in practicing Falun Dafa. He was seriously injured physically and mentally, and suffered severe memory loss due to the savage torture. He passed away in April 2005.

Mr. Li Peiyi was 68 years old and lived in Yangqiao Town, Linquan County. He began practicing Falun Dafa in 1998, and soon his numerous illnesses disappeared. After July 20, 1999, when the persecution began, he went to Beijing to appeal and to validate Dafa. After he returned to Linquan County, the Fuyang City 610 Office sent him to a forced labor camp. He was subsequently sent to a brainwashing class three times, and later to a mental hospital, where he was injected with nerve-damaging drugs. After he returned home, personnel from the Linquan County 610 Office took him to the Linquan County Detention Center, where they held him for over one year. In August 2003, they took Mr. Li, who was at the brink of death, to the Yangqiao Town Police Station in an ambulance. The police station ordered village officials to pick him up and told them to write a guarantee statement. The village officials saw that Li Peiyi was unconscious and couldn't sign a guarantee statement. They sent him home. His family took him to the hospital emergency room, where he was brought back from death's door.

Because of the unimaginable torture he was forced to endure, Li Peiyi lost his memory and often cried. Despite his condition, the police harassed and intimidated him two more times at his home, and forced him to write a guarantee statement. His family lived in fear. As a result of the all the persecution he suffered, Li Peiyi passed away in April 2005.

It was reported that Wu Guangjie, the former head of the Linquan County Detention Center, followed Jiang's group in persecuting Dafa practitioners. He tortured almost all of the Dafa practitioners who were detained at the Detention Center. He was the one who ordered guards to beat the practitioners with batons, shock them with electric batons, and handcuff and shackle them. He also ordered the guards to force-feed the practitioners with unknown drugs, and with hot peppery water and sewage water. They often pried the practitioner's mouth open with two pairs of stainless steel pliers, each one a foot in length, often knocking out the practitioner's teeth in the process and causing profuse bleeding.