(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Cao Jinxian remained firm in her cultivation of Falun Dafa. Because of this, she was persecuted by the Shanghai City police. They sentenced her to a forced labor camp without any legal process, where she was tortured. After being granted medical parole, Ms. Cao was forced to become homeless in early 2005 to avoid being persecuted further. Cao Jinxian died on June 18, 2005.

Ms. Cao Jinxian was 48 years old. She was a farmer on the Wang Team at Cailu Village, Cailu Town, Pudong District, Shanghai City. After she began practicing Falun Gong in 1997, she recovered from breast cancer and regained her health. Since the persecution began on July 20, 1999, the Shanghai City 610 Office and its associated offices persecuted Cao Jinxian many times. The tortures severely affected her mental and physical health.

Some days after New Year's Day 2000, over twenty practitioners studied the Fa and shared their experiences in Ms. Cao's home. The village official reported the gathering to the authorities at the Pudong District Police Precinct. They arrested and detained Ms. Cao for 30 days, without any legal process, charging her with "providing a place (for practitioners)."

In 2002, Ms. Cao and four other practitioners went to the Township government to clarify the truth to the officials on duty. The police detained her for two months, and two of the four practitioners were sentenced to two years of forced labor.

In 2003, Ms. Cao brought together five new practitioners to learn and practice Falun Gong. A practitioner's family member reported this to the police, who sentenced Ms. Cao to two years of forced labor. Because of the torture at the forced labor camp, Ms. Cao suffered a relapse of her former illness (breast cancer). The doctors at the forced labor camp, who diagnosed her, predicted that she would only live for another few months. After her release, Ms. Cao persisted in studying the Fa and practicing the exercises, despite being closely monitored by the police. She gradually regained her health.

On January 11, 2005, Ms. Cao went to a shop to photocopy some truth-clarification materials. The owner of the shop reported her to the police. Over ten police officers from Cailu Town Police Station ransacked her home without any legal process and warrant. They confiscated two audio cassette players and some truth-clarifying materials. Ms. Cao was forced to become homeless and move from place to place during the cold winter season. Later, the police arrested her and brought her back home, where they monitored her closely. Ms. Cao Jinxian's health deteriorated from that time onwards. She passed away on June 18, 2005.

Cailu Town Police Station: Chief Sa Yingli: 86-13386288625 (mobile phone)

Police Officer Mao Gang: 86-13386286681 (mobile)