(Clearwisdom.net) This tragedy happened to a family in Dong Yanma Village, Zhuanggang Township, Junan County, Shandong Province. Fifty years ago, the father-in-law was beaten to death during the terrible Land Reform movement. Recently, his daughter-in-law was severely threatened and intimidated by the CCP (Chinese Communist Party). She was forbidden to practice Falun Gong and she passed away in 2004 due to relapsed illnesses.

Mrs. Zhang Tingxiu was a sixty-two-year-old farmer from Dong Yanma Village, Zhuanggang Township. Before she started practicing Falun Dafa, Mrs. Zhang suffered from pulmonary tuberculosis and various other illnesses. She always had difficulty breathing and was on continuous medications. Her body was so swollen that she had difficulty moving and couldn't do a thing but swallow pills constantly. In 1996, Ms. Zhang started practicing Falun Gong. Soon, she became healthy, energetic and relaxed.

In July 1999, Jiang's regime began to persecute Falun Dafa. One morning in the early summer of 2000, Ms. Zhang went out with other village practitioners to the roadside to practice Falun Gong. They also "clarified the truth "of Falun Dafa to passersby. Their activities were reported to the local government, and the director of Yanma Village police substation, Han Jincheng, and Xu Hengnian arrested them, searched their houses, and confiscated their possessions. Ms. Zhang was illegally detained for 15 days and fined 360 yuan.

In December 2000, Ms. Zhang Tingxiu and other practitioners were on their way to Beijing to appeal on behalf of Falun Dafa. The group was intercepted at the Junan Railway Station, and the local police sent them back to Yanma Township in a car. All the practitioners, male and female, were detained and subjected to brainwashing in the same room for more than 10 days. The practitioners were repeatedly beaten and cursed at by the director of the police substation, Han Jincheng, the deputy director, Xu Hengnian, and the local CCP official, Xu Zhimin. They beat these elderly practitioners with rubber rods, shocked them with electric batons, kicked them, and forced them to run every day. Ms. Zhang was beaten until she was black and blue all over. The police forced her to speak against her will for the Junan TV Station. Afterwards, the officials from the local government repeatedly went to her home to harass and threaten her. As a result, Ms. Zhang's health deteriorated and her previous illnesses recurred.

At the end of 2003, Ms. Zhang Tingxiu remembered all the benefits that she had received from practicing Falun Dafa, and she wanted to resume studying the Fa and practicing the exercises. Her family, however, was against it. Because of Ms. Zhang's illegal detention, the police's repeated searches, harassments, threats, and confiscation of her property; and the fact that her father-in-law had been beaten to death by the CCP during the terrible Land Reform, her family members were extremely frightened by the CCP. Therefore, they strived to prevent her from studying the Fa and practicing the exercises. As a result of this persecution, Ms. Zhang died on July 29, 2004.

June 1, 2005