Mr. Gao Zhihei and Mr. Gao Jingfa

Mr. Gao Zhihei, in his 70's, and Mr. Gao Jingfa, in his 50's, were father and son. They lived at Hexin Village, Changwu Township, Zhaodong City, Heilongjiang Province. The whole family practiced Falun Gong, and their diseases were cured after they began practicing. However, after the persecution started on July 20, 1999, Mr. Gao Zhihei's daughter Ms. Gao Jingmei and his son-in-law Zhang Zhiguo were harassed at home by the police. Moreover, the police also frequently threatened and detained Ms. Gao Jingmei and her husband. Before May 2001, Mr. Zhang Zhiguo's older sister, the principal of Honghe School, reported to authorities where the couple was living. The couple was arrested and imprisoned for a fifth time. Ms. Gao Jingmei's older bother, who used to be a government official in Changwu Township, was removed from office. Because of the great pressure from Jiang's regime, both Mr. Gao Zhihei and his son Mr. Gao Jingfa had recurrences of their original diseases. Mr. Gao Jingfa died on November 19, 2001, and Mr. Gao Zhihei died a year later, on November 25, 2002. The son-in-law Zhang Zhiguo is currently serving a prison sentence. Only the over 70-year-old grandmother (Mr. Gao Zhihei's wife) and her 17-year-old grandchild are at home, trying to make a living by helping each other.

Phone number of the local police station in Changwu Township, Zhaodong City, Heilongjiang Province: 86-455-7728110, 86-455-7728160

Ms. Yu Yufen

Ms. Yu Yufen, in her 50's, was a family member of an employee of the Sichuan Gear Factory. After July 20, 1999, she insisted on clarifying the truth on the street and distributing Dafa materials. However, when someone who did not know the truth reported her to the police, she was arrested. She was detained many times and experienced torture at a detention center. She died at home on December 19, 2002, after being released from the detention center.

Mr. Bo Guangya

Mr. Bo Guangya, 66 years old, was a retiree from a middle school in Zhengzhou, Henan Province. He had myocardial infarction with a large lesion and rheumatoid arthritis. After he started practicing Falun Gong, his health improved without the help of any medication. After July 20, 1999, he went to appeal for Falun Gong. As a result, he was persecuted. He could not bear the prolonged mental persecution and passed away on March 29, 2000.

Ms. Me Hongxia

Ms. Me Hongxia was 76 years old and lived in Beining City, Liaoning Province. Because all of her children are practitioners, they were frequently arrested, detained, and brainwashed. The police and other officials frequently searched their homes. Due to the constant harassment, threats, frequent arrests and the persecution of her children, she could no longer endure this prolonged mental and physical persecution. She died on February 6, 2005.

(Translated from http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2005/5/14/101768.html)

Ms. Li Yaru

Practitioner Ms. Li Yaru, 57, lived in Handian Township in Shuangcheng City, Heilongjiang Province. After practicing Falun Gong, the several illnesses that had troubled her before disappeared without the help of any medication. Her husband witnessed these miracles and started practicing Falun Dafa also. In 2000 she went to Beijing twice to appeal on behalf of Dafa and was illegally arrested. The first time, she was arrested by the local police. Later she was locked up at the Shuangcheng Detention Center. She was released after the police had extorted 3,000 yuan from her family. The second time, she was illegally detained in Tianjin City and brutally tortured. One of the ways the police tortured her was to force her to kneel down or stand for a very long time. If she didn't kneel down or stand up straight, she would be beaten until her arms and legs were badly injured. Finally, her family members had to pay over 3,000 yuan to have her released. She endured extreme physical and mental persecution.

On January 17, 2001, Ms. Li Yaru was arrested by the township officials, and on January 21 she was sent to the Shuangcheng Detention Center. She was detained for three months and released after the 610 Office had extorted 800 yuan.

In 2001, township officials arrested her again when she participated in a Dafa conference. The 610 Office again extorted 800 yuan from her, and she then was allowed to go home. She was traumatized, and she later suffered amnesia. She died on January 31, 2005.

(Translated from http://minghui.ca/mh/articles/2005/5/14/101767.html)

Ms. Yang Ronghua, MD

Practitioner Ms. Yang Ronghua, MD, 61 years old, was an associate director of the Henan Agriculture University Hospital. She had been honored several times by the hospital as an outstanding doctor with excellent medical skills. She was also recognized as a good person. She had been diagnosed with liver ascites (excessive accumulation of fluid in the liver). However, after she started practicing Falun Gong in 1997, the symptoms of her liver disease were gone without the help of medication. She was rehired promptly after she retired in 2000.

The police arrested Dr. Yang for validating Dafa at Tiananmen Square in 2000. She was sent home, accompanied by hospital officials and police personnel from the Political & Security Section from the Jinshui District Police Department in Zhengzhou City, Henan Province. She was incarcerated at a detention center and suffered persecution. Officials from the 610 Office and police from the Wenhua Street Police Station in the Jinshui District repeatedly harassed her without reason, even after she was released.

Before the 2001 Chinese New Year, hospital officials and police, guided by the 610 Office, attempted to send Dr. Yang to a brainwashing class, ignoring the fact that her 80-year-old mother was ill in bed. This unlawful behavior made her husband extremely angry, and at first he firmly refused to corporate. Under pressure, however, he signed a letter agreeing to monitor his wife's activities and to keep her away from Falun Gong. As a result, her husband kept Dr. Yang under virtual house arrest. She had no way to interact with other practitioners. Her practice environment was destroyed. She suffered prolonged mental persecution, which caused the recurrence of her liver disease. She died in May 2001.

Dr. Yang Ronghua's work unit: Henan Agriculture University

Wenhua Street Police Station, 86-371-63932173

Wenhua Street Administrative Office, 86-371-63936965