(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Yang Caiyin was a teacher employed by the Hong'an Second High School in Hong'an County, Hubei Province. Because of his firm belief in "Truth, Compassion, and Forbearance," he was cruelly tortured by local officials and police. He died on April 23, 2005, at the age of 48.

Mr. Yang Caiyin started cultivating Falun Dafa in 1995, and both his mind and body changed dramatically. All sorts of sicknesses were eliminated, and he was always very energetic. Jiang Zemin started persecuting Falun Dafa practitioners in July 1999, out of jealousy. Mr. Yang's family had no peace after the persecution began.

Yang Caiyin was one of the practitioners in Hong'an County who began practicing relatively early. He was a volunteer assistant, so he has been targeted in the past six years of persecution in Hong'an County.

In September 1999, Yang Caiyin went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. He was brutally beaten by police on Tiananmen Square. The police hung him up by his thumbs, with all of his body weight on his thumbs for 30 minutes. He passed out very quickly from the excruciating pain. After taking him back to Hong'an County, the 610 Office sent Mr. Yang to a labor camp for two and a half years in Huangshi City, where he was forced to get up at 4:30 a.m. in the morning and go to bed after midnight. For meals, he was only given soup made from rotten vegetables without even a drop of oil. Beside beating and cursing the practitioners, the labor camp guards often tortured them by depriving them of sleep, forcing them to sit on the tiger bench, hanging them upside down, force-feeding them chili water, and other cruel tortures. They also forced Mr. Yang to watch obscene videos, and to write reports of his thoughts after daily brainwashing sessions. Mr. Yang Caiyin suffered unspeakable tortures of every sort at the labor camp. After October 2000, when he was transferred to the Shayang Labor Camp, Yang Caiyin's physical condition worsened, and he was put on medical parole.

After he returned to Hong'an County, the local 610 Office and police arrested Mr. Yang more than five times over the next six years. Twice he was sent to forced labor at the Huolianfan Labor Camp, where he had to do more than ten hours of heavy labor daily. He was detained in the County Detention Center five times, totaling more than three months. The prisoners in the Detention Center were encouraged by the guards to brutally torture Mr. Yang, such as punching him in the chest, forcing him to drink toothpaste solution, and other torments. Yang Caiyin went on a hunger strike many times to protest the abuse, and then was force-fed, causing severe damage to his esophagus.

At the end of April 2002, the police arrested Yang Caiyin and sent him to the Sanligang Brainwashing Class. Mr. Yang kindly asked a policeman named Qin to not beat good people. Qin kicked him so hard that four of Mr. Yang's teeth were knocked out, and many other teeth were loosened. This brutal kick resulted in Mr. Yang having difficulty eating for a long period of time. He went on a hunger strike for 19 days without water. When he was released 49 days later, Yang Caiyin was dying.

Every time they arrested Mr. Yang, the police used the most brutal of methods. In November 2003, the County 610 Office and police surrounded Mr. Yang's home with more than ten people, breaking the windows and doors with bricks and rocks. Then they dragged Yang Caiyin and his wife down from the second floor by their feet. The police beat and kicked him. The police always arrested him first, then they would ransack his home, leaving a mess. In July 2004, the police again arrested Mr. Yang and his wife and ransacked their home.

Mr. Yang Caiyin was dismissed from his job in 1999, and his son was expelled from school, simply because Mr. Yang practiced Falun Gong. They were living by operating a very small business. The income of the business was very little, but it was stopped after several months. Mr. Yang Caiyin was taking care of three elderly members of his family and had to pay for his son's college expenses. His family of six was living in extreme poverty.

Over the past several years, Mr. Yang endured unimaginable pain. The heavy attacks from the vicious environment created by the Communist Party, the physical torture, the social discrimination caused by the propaganda, and the financial burdens combined and exceeded Yang Caiyin's ability to endure. The immense pressure caused a total mental collapse, and his health quickly deteriorated. Finally, Mr. Yang died on April 23, 2005.

Persons involved in the persecution:

Cao Ruqing (male), former Chinese Communist Party (CCP) Secretary of the County
Wu Guangde (male), former Deputy County Commissioner, now CCP Vice Secretary of the County
Zhang Jun (male), Police Department Head
Cheng Jinghao (male), former 610 Office Chair
Xu Sheng (male), Political Director of Police Department
Liu Qiankun (male), Deputy Head of Police Department
Lu Zaolin (male), State Security Division Head
Zhang Anzhou (male), 610 Office Head
Yao Xuejun (male), State Security Division Head
Zhao Quanshou (male), 610 Office Deputy Head