Sanshui Women's Forced Labor Camp in Guangdong Province Sets up "Dark Cells" to Secretly Persecute Practitioners
(Clearwisdom.net) "Dark cells" have been set up especially for the persecution of steadfast Falun Gong practitioners in Sanshui Women's Forced Labor Camp in Guangdong Province. The police designate two drug addicts to watch one practitioner in the cell, where the walls are covered with profanity smearing Falun Dafa and its founder, Mr. Li Hongzhi. The drug addicts demand that the practitioner read those words aloud, otherwise, they will beat her, force her to squat for a long time, or make her sit on a small stool for an extended time. If the practitioner refuses to follow their commands, she will be deprived of sleep or use of the toilet. If the practitioner goes on a hunger strike to protest, the criminal inmates will brutally force-feed her. Practitioners in these dark cells are routinely shocked with electric batons, hung up, and handcuffed for a long time. As long as the practitioner does not give in, these tortures are applied in an endless cycle. The persecution of practitioners in Sanshui Women's Forced Labor Camp is beyond one's imagination. We are revealing some specific incidents, below.
1. Ms. Chen Shaoqing is a teacher in her 30's. She has been put into the dark cell three times. The first time was in March and April of 2002. In order to force her to give up practicing Falun Gong, the guards put her into the dark cell and did not allow her to use the toilet or to sleep. Ms. Chen went on a hunger strike for over 20 days. The guards kept her there for nearly two months, but she resisted the persecution and did not obey any commands from the police. The guards failed to reach their goal.
From December 2003 to January 2004, the police again put Ms. Chen into the dark cell, once again not allowing her to use the toilet or to sleep. This time, she held a hunger strike for a long time. She protested the violent force-feeding, so the labor camp guards sent her to the clinic to be force-fed. She resisted and protested firmly. The police ordered the drug addicts to drag her on the ground, ripping three pairs of her pants and scraping her skin.
To force Ms. Chen Shaoqing to give up Falun Gong, the labor camp guards did not allow her to have any necessities, such as sanitary napkins, nor did they allow other practitioners to help her. During her menstrual period, Ms. Chen could only use rags. The guards kept a strict eye on her, not letting any one get too close to her in case she revealed what happened to her.
2. Ms. Tian Huiying is in her 40's. The police sent her directly from a brainwashing center to the labor camp. After she was arrested, her non-practitioner husband left home, leaving their two young children at home unattended. The guards in the labor camp used continuous physical and mental torture to force her to quit Falun Gong. Under the intense pressure in the labor camp, Tian Huiying signed the four types of repentance and "guarantee statements." Later, she made a solemn announcement voiding them.
Then the police guards used more brutal methods to persecute Ms. Tian. Someone in the labor camp saw that her body was covered with black and blue bruises. She collapsed mentally and couldn't sleep at night. She looked extremely worn out. The guards were afraid she would reveal information about the persecution she experienced, so they separated her from other practitioners and didn't allow anyone to get close to her or speak to her. The labor camp still worried about information leaking out, so they secretly transferred Ms. Tian to another team and told others that she had been set free. In fact, she is still being detained.
3. Xue Aimei is in her 30's. She was arrested in November 2003 in Shenzhen and sent to Sanshui Women's Labor Camp. To protest the persecution of her spiritual belief, Ms. Xue went on a hunger strike for 52 days starting in December 2003. The labor camp authorities told her mother to persuade her to eat, and Ms. Xue had some food afterwards. Someone saw her in the labor camp and said that she was very weak and couldn't walk steadily. She is still detained in the labor camp.
4. Ms. Dai Ying is from Bao'an in Shenzhen Province. She is in her 40's. After her husband was sentenced to imprisonment as one of the major coordinators of Falun Gong in Shenzhen, she went to Beijing to appeal for justice. The court sentenced her to prison. In the prison basement, the police shocked Ms. Dai with electric batons and beat her so severely that her eyes bled. While she was in prison, her father, a retired high-ranking official of the Communist Party, passed away. The police department in her hometown had asked the prison to let her go to the funeral, but the request was refused. After a physical examination in the hospital, Dai Ying was released due to her poor physical condition, "not suitable for imprisonment."
Ms. Dai was under close surveillance after returning home. She was later sentenced to a labor camp for two years because some fellow practitioners visited her. Due to her poor physical condition, however, she was released on bail.
5. Details of the persecution of other practitioners, including Yu Dehui (in her 30's), Xu Hongyan (a foreign language teacher), and Xu Jianying, is unknown due to the tight control on information in the labor camp.
The person directly responsible for the persecution of Dafa practitioners is Liang Guiling, head of the No. 1 Branch of the Second Team in the Sanshui Women's Forced Labor Camp.
Written on March 25, 2005