(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Chen Naifa from Xiapu County, Fujian Province was tortured to death by force-feeding through an opening cut into his throat while he was in prison.

Mr. Chen Naifa, in his 40's, was formerly a traffic policeman. Because he practiced Falun Dafa, he was sentenced to 18 months of forced labor in May 2001, and then his sentence was extended three months for his refusal to accept brainwashing. He was not allowed to go back to work and had to live under close surveillance.

Mr. Chen escaped from the monitoring system later, but was forced to become homeless in order to avoid being arrested at his home. He did not have any money for living expenses and consequently lived a very hard life. Mr. Chen was arrested again when he was in Hangzhou City, Zhejiang Province, and this time he was sentenced to two years in prison. When he had been in the prison for 16 months, his wife accepted brainwashing in Fuzhou City Prison of Fujian Province. She wrote to him to try to get him to accept the brainwashing too. Mr. Chen did not waiver in his belief. In order to protest the persecution, he went on a hunger strike without water, facing torturous force-feedings.

To force-feed him, the police brutally cut a hole in his throat. Mr. Chen's physical condition was already not good because of the tortures he had endured over a long period of time, and he died under such inhuman mistreatment around April or May of 2004.

In order to conceal their crime, the policemen fabricated a suicide scene. They tied a rope around Mr. Chen's neck and then told his younger siblings that he committed suicide. When his younger brother tried to take a photo of the body, the police would not allow him to do it. They paid the family forty thousand yuan and would not allow them to tell anyone about their brother's death.

Mr. Chen's wife has since been released and sent home. She has returned to work. Their daughter is a student in Xiapu County First Middle School. Under continuing pressure and threats from the police, nobody in the family dared to talk of Chen Naifa's tragic death. We only learned the truth of it in March 2005.