(Clearwisdom.net) Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Li Hongying from Taikang County, Heilongjiang Province suffered from hemorrhaging since returning from the Harbin Drug Rehabilitation Center in mid-February 2005. She had been bleeding for a year at the rehab center, during which time the guards forced her to work, and abused her with various torture implements until her entire body swelled up and she bled non-stop. The guards told her family to pick her up when she was at the brink of death. She passed away on March 26, 2005.

Below is Li Hongying's own narrative of her persecution at the Harbin Drug Rehabilitation Center before her death:

My name is Li Hongying and I live in Taikang County, Heilongjiang Province. I began practicing Falun Dafa in 1997. After July 20, 1999, when the persecution began, I was illegally held at a detention center several times. On May 13, 2000, I went out and joined a Falun Dafa group exercise practice. Later, I was sent to a brainwashing class. I said some negative things under the influence of brainwashing which caused damage to Dafa. After I thought it over, I published a solemn announcement online. I was then sentenced to three years of forced labor and sent to the Harbin City Drug Rehabilitation Center to be persecuted.

In November 2002, the guards launched the "battle against the determined" practitioners. The guards ordered inmates to take the practitioners into the basement in the winter, open the windows, strip the practitioners of their coats and leave them in sweatshirt and sweatpants. They handcuffed the practitioners and gagged them with dirty socks when they screamed, and shocked them with electric batons. Some guards ordered the inmates to hold the practitioners and then they shocked the insides of the practitioners' thighs. The practitioners' bodies turned black and blue.

Practitioner Ms. Yang Ruiqin, 58, and practitioner Ms. Ding Hongjuan were forced to squat with their hands stretched out. The guards put a stool on each of their heads and hit them when the stool fell off. They called it "flying an airplane." One practitioner was tortured to death on the spot. An elderly practitioner, Ms. Liu Tongling, weighed about 150 pounds upon arrival. Later she held a hunger strike to protest the persecution, and she clarified the truth to the guards who force-fed her. One night the guards said she died from a heart attack. Team leader Li Quanming ordered inmates Liu Yan and Wang Rongmei to secretly remove her body.

Practitioner Zhang Guixiang's legs were paralyzed from torture, and her weight dropped to about 40 lbs. She had to be carried to the restroom. The guards held her more than one month past her term.

The guards saw me reading Teacher's articles in secret, so they locked me in the basement in the winter for one night. I had my menses, and I continued to bleed and have abdominal pain. I had to use the toilet eight times each night. This condition lasted for six months, after which I suffered from a severe hemorrhage. I was in a terrible state and my whole body was swollen. The guards finally sent me to the Harbin Medical University Hospital. The doctor said, "She could die at anytime." The guards were afraid of being held responsible, so they phoned my family and told them to take me home.