(Clearwisdom.net) On December 25, 2003, Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Wu Yuqing, from Xilin Hot City, Inner Mongolia, was abducted from her home by the 610 Office and police from Xilinhot City. She was persecuted to death that same night. After six rounds of hard negotiations, Xilinhot City Committee officials punished six policemen, including their leaders, and compensated Ms. Wu's family 35,000 yuan. On January 8, 2004, under strict surveillance by the city police, Wu Yuqing's body was cremated.

Ms. Wu Yuqing was 48 years old, and once lived at the fourth group at Baiyinwula Farm, West Ujimqin Flag, Xilin Gol League, Inner Mongolia. In 1997, she moved to Xilinhot City and lived at the Xilinhot City Dairy Farm. After July 20, 1999, she went to Beijing alone to appeal for Falun Dafa, and unfurled a banner on Tiananmen Square. She returned safely using righteous thoughts. Later she and some other practitioners practiced the Falun Gong exercises at a park, but police forced them to disperse.

At 9:30 a.m. on December 25, 2003, three people from the city 610 Office, including two females and a 30 year-old man named Shuangxi, broke into her home, dragged her out of the house and forced her into a police vehicle. According to a witness, she was wearing slippers.

After the children returned home from school, they discovered their home burglarized and ransacked, and that their mother had been abducted by the police.

At 10:00 a.m. on the second day, Xilinhot City Police ordered the family members to come and identify Ms. Wu Yuqing's body, claiming that Ms. Wu Yuqing had committed suicide by jumping from the fifth floor of the police building. Ms. Wu's husband came from Baiyinwula and brought the children to see the body. The body had been secretly moved to an empty room at the City Detention Center. Ms. Wu's body was very pale, and there was a 3 cm. (1.2 inch) hole in the left side of her skull. There was no blood on her nose and ears. If she had jumped off the building, she would have bled from her eyes, ears, nose, and mouth.

The family members questioned why she was not sent to a hospital, why she was in a detention center instead of a morgue, and why she was abducted without notifying family members. The family members wanted to take pictures of Ms. Wu's body, but the police stopped them.

On December 26, 2003, the "special investigation group" of Xilinhot City came to the family's home, wanting approval to cremate Ms. Wu's body. The family members refused. Later, the 610 Office and city police continually threatened the companies where the family members and their relatives worked. Their apartments, telephones and cell phones were all monitored. They were not allowed to take phone calls from relatives living out of the area. Police vehicles were parked outside of their homes day and night to monitor any visitors. The entire city was cordoned off.

Current Situation of Ms. Wu's Children

Ms. Wu had five children. The eldest daughter, 22, has no steady job after graduating from technical school. The second daughter, Xue Chao, is studying at Dalian Nationalities University. The third daughter, Xue Wen, is studying at Jixi University in Heilongjiang Province. Since Ms. Wu's death, her son wants to quit school in order to make money to support his sisters' college studies. The youngest daughter is in the second grade of middle school.

After Ms. Wu's death, her husband remarried, and the children do not want to live with him. The five children live by themselves, and their uncle helps them out. The family savings can only support Xue Chao and Xue Wen's studies until the third year of college.