Facts of the Persecution

1. Persecution Facts about Mr. Shi Zhimin from Langfang City Textile Factory in Hebei Province

Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Shi Zhimin, 70, is a retired employee of Langfang City Textile Factory. His hometown of Langfang is in Henan Province. After the persecution began in 1999, police repeatedly harassed him at home, ransacked his house, forcibly interrogated him, and even abducted him and took him to brainwashing classes. Mr. Shi was forced to become homeless many times in order to avoid being illegally arrested at home. He has been detained multiple times, including 3-4 times in his hometown. Mr. Shi went to Henan in mid December 2004, but has not yet returned to Langfang. His family is worried about him. They recently heard that Mr. Shi is detained in Meng County Detention Center, Henan Province, where he has gone through unknown mistreatments, and is very weak right now. The Detention Center and Meng County Police Department refused to release him, saying that the Meng County Procuratorate has filed his case, and he will soon be put on trial.


2. Well-respected High School Teacher Li Shanbin of Linshu County, Shandong Province, Is Detained by the 610 Office

Mr. Li Shanbin, 35, is an English teacher employed by Baihaoqi High School, located in Linshu County, Linyi City, Shandong Province. He is well known in his community as a good teacher, husband, father, and son. When clarifying the truth in the County Seat Square, members of the 610 Office followed him, beat him, and abducted him.

The Linshu County 610 Office has extorted more than one hundred thousand yuan from practitioners held brainwashing classes since the beginning of 2001. They have sent more than ten Falun Dafa practitioners to perform forced labor.


3. Falun Dafa Practitioner from Guye District, Tangshan City, Hebei Province Recounts Her Story

My name is Liu Yulan, and I am 49 years old. I live in Zhangzhuan Village, Guye District, Tangshan City, Hebei Province. In order to speak out for Falun Dafa after July 20, 1999, when the persecution began, I went to Beijing to appeal, and posted "Falun Dafa is good!" on a utility pole. I was arrested by police, and detained for three days in Guye District Police Station, followed by my immediate detainment for three months in Guye District Detention Center. During the detention, I went on hunger strike with ten other Falun Dafa practitioners, and was sent to Ankang Hospital in Tangshan City after seven days. Inside the hospital, I was force-fed, and was slapped on the face. After spending ten days in the hospital, I was sent back to the detention center. I went on hunger strike for seven more days. They then released me since my life was in danger, but the police still came to harass me at home. I went to Beijing in August 2003 to validate the Fa, and was arrested on Tiananmen Square. I was taken to the Tangshan City Liaison Office in Beijing, then escorted back to Guye Police Station. Police Station Director Zhang Shuhua (male) slapped my face with a slipper, and he trampled on my body while wearing leather boots. One day later, they detained me in Guye District Detention Center for more than a month. On March 2, 2004, police officer Tie Lin and two others came to my house, abducted me, and took me to the police station. They then sent me to Kaiping Forced Labor Camp in Tangshan City, and told me that I was sentenced to 18 months of forced labor. Inside the camp, the guards deprived me of sleep, and forced me go through brainwashing sessions every day. They tortured me by duct-taping my mouth and hair, tying my hands and feet onto a chair, not allowing use of the toilet, locking me in a dark cell, forcing me to stand facing a wall, and beating me day and night as they cursed. I escaped that evil den as soon as I found a chance. I have become homeless in order to avoid being illegally arrested at home.


4. Shang Xiaoyun of Shenyang City Is Abducted and Taken to Masanjia Forced Labor Camp

Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Shang Xiaoyun was abducted at the beginning of May 2004 by state security agents from Tiexi District, Shenyang City, Liaoning Province. This left her fourteen-year-old daughter at home alone. The daughter had recently undergone an operation, and could not yet take care of herself. Ms. Shang Xiaoyun was sentenced to forced labor, and sent to Longshan Forced Labor Camp, which will not allow her family to visit her. Her daughter has quit school to stay home because of their difficult situation. She is sick, but cannot be treated. Ms. Shang was transferred to Masanjia Forced Labor Camp recently, but her family is still not allowed to visit. Back in 2001, her employer sent her to be detained in the Fifth Detention Center in order to prevent her from going to Beijing to appeal. She was forced to attend a brainwashing class held in Zhangshi Forced Labor Camp in 2002, where she was tortured for nearly three months.