Facts of the Persecution

1. More Than Twenty Falun Dafa Practitioners from Macheng City, Hubei Province Abducted by State Security Agents

The Macheng City 610 Office and Police Department have been arresting Falun Dafa practitioners everywhere. Twenty-three Falun Dafa practitioners were abducted between December 26, 2004 and March 17, 2005. Many Falun Dafa truth clarification materials production centers were destroyed. Policemen took away equipment, money, and printed materials. Only six people have been released, including one family member of a Falun Dafa practitioner who is not a practitioner. The rest of the practitioners are being detained separately in Macheng City's First and Second Detention Centers. Steadfast practitioners are detained in the First Detention Center and are going to be sent to a brainwashing class.


2. Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Zhang Guihua from Dongcheng District, Beijing Sentenced to Forced Labor

On October 8, 2004, Ms. Zhang Guihua, who lives in the Qingnianhu Neighborhood of Beijing, was abducted by Ande Street Neighborhood Administrator Dong (female), and others when passing out small cards that say "Truthfulness, Compassion and Forbearance is Good!" They reported her to the Andingmen Police Substation and had her detained. Ms. Zhang's family received notice that she was sentenced to two years of forced labor at the end of December 2004, but her family has not been allowed to visit her or to find out any further details about her situation.


3. A Falun Dafa Practitioner from Shanghai Tells His Story of Being Tortured

My name is Jin Wenfeng. I was born on March 1, 1967. I am a Falun Dafa practitioner in Shanghai. On July 18, 2001, I was arrested by a State Security Agent from the Baoshan District Police Department. I was sentenced to two years of forced labor in August 2001. On October 23, 2001, I was sent to the Shanghai First Labor Camp located in Dafeng City, Jiangsu Province. On March 18, 2002, I was transferred to the Qingpu Third Labor Camp in Shanghai, where I was tortured with the tiger bench; Si Daolong (male) kicked my lower back and rammed his knee into my spine while I was forced to sit against the wall. I was deprived of the right to sleep, and my thigh muscles were torn (1). I was released on July 17, 2003. Although I have been allowed to go back to work, I am still mistreated mentally and financially by my employer, who had me abducted and taken to a brainwashing class once.


4. A Partial Account of the Persecution Endured by Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Liu Xiangfen

Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Liu Xiangfen has been striving to be a good person according to the principles of "Truthfulness, Compassion and Tolerance," but she has been abducted multiple times, mistreated, and sentenced to two years of forced labor, leaving her two young children without their mother's care. In the Beijing Labor Camps Distribution Center, the guards shocked her with electric batons and beat her so hard that her head was badly cut and bleeding. The guards tied her hands and feet together and threw her into the snow to freeze her. She lost consciousness once after being severely beaten. Besides being forced to perform heavy labor, Ms. Liu Xiangfen was forced to watch videos and read reports that slander Falun Dafa. Ms. Liu gave birth to her third daughter after the labor camp term ended. When she tried to register her infant at her hometown Hainan Police Substation, she learned that they had canceled her residential registration along with that of her two older daughters. On the evening of February 28, 2005, perpetrators stormed into her home and abducted Ms. Liu. They took her to the Haidian District Detention Center in Beijing, while her youngest daughter (only one year old) could be heard crying.


5. Falun Dafa Practitioner Mr. Wu Xuantai from Henan Province Detained Repeatedly

My name is Wu Xuantai, and I am a Falun Dafa practitioner in Henan Province. Ever since the persecution began on July 20, 1999, Yang Jianhua (male) and Lu Haitao (male) forced me to attend many brainwashing classes. In April 2001, they detained me for seventy days in a detention center and forced my family to pay three thousand yuan. Starting from October 1, 2002, they used eight people to put me under house arrest 24 hours per day. In January 2003, the 610 Office detained me for four months in a detention center and forced my family to pay four thousand yuan. After being released from the detention center, the authorities abducted me on three different occasions and sent me to brainwashing classes.


(1) Torn Thigh Muscles - One guard covers the victim's mouth (to prevent the victim from screaming), two others hold down the victim's arms, one more guard puts a square stool in between the victim's legs, and another two guards pull the legs open hard outward, tearing the thigh muscles.