Persecution of Falun Gong Practitioners in the Xiangheyuan Area of Beijing
On February 2, 2005, Falun Gong practitioner Wang Guilan of the Xiangheyuan Area, Chaoyang District, Beijing was deceived into the residents committee office by the Committee Secretary Zhang Xueying, and was later illegally arrested. Since the persecution began on July 20, 1999 until now, the Xiangheyuan Area (around Zuojiazhuang), the local 610 Office, the police station, and residents committees have cooperated with Jiang Zemin's regime to viciously persecute Falun Gong. The Xiangheyuan Area has encountered the most severe persecution.
For more than five years, more than one hundred Falun Gong practitioners in the Xiangheyuan Area have been directly persecuted. They have been monitored, harassed, threatened, arrested many times, detained and held in custody, physically abused, sent to brainwashing centers and forced labor camps, sentenced to prison, and even tortured to death. The 610 Office and policemen also incited the public to hate Falun Gong practitioners. They arranged security guards, elevator workers, Communist Party members, activists in the area, and practitioners' neighbors to monitor and follow practitioners. From the young to the old, many people in the area regarded persecuting Falun Gong practitioners as the most important task. In the Xiangheyuan Area, the numbers of people being sent to the forced labor camp and brainwashing center are the greatest in Beijing. In order to achieve a 100% "transformation" rate, the money the brainwashing center has spent is also the greatest in Beijing. The number of evildoers who persecute Falun Gong practitioners, from police station managers to area police, from the 610 Office chief to the Residents' Committee Secretary that have been commended and promoted, is also the greatest in Beijing. For example, Residents Committee Office Chief Xue Youxin and Zhang Decai have been promoted for persecuting Falun Gong practitioners. Xue Youxin even boasted that they had a 100% "transformation" rate. Cao Guo from the 610 Office became a top Communist Party member for "transforming" and arresting Li Shanjuan.
We demand that the murderers and accomplices who persecute Falun Dafa and practitioners are severely punished, and all the evildoers receive justice according to the law. We will expose the crimes of the Xiangheyuan Area to the world.
1. Falun Dafa practitioners who died from the persecution
1) Ms. Li Yuling, 55 years old, lived at West Zuojiazhuang Lane. Since 1999, she was illegally arrested, detained and had her home ransacked many times. She was sent to a brainwashing center twice and sent to a mental hospital for further persecution in 2000. She was followed for many years, and policemen from the 610 Office often harassed her at home. Eventually Li Yuling had to leave home to avoid further persecution. In June 2003, she was arrested when she was handing out Falun Gong truth-clarification materials and tortured to death in nine days. (For a detailed report, please visit http://clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2003/7/11/38012.html)
2) Ms. Wang Huipu, 62 years old, lived at north Liufang Lane. Since 1999, she was detained many times and persecuted at a brainwashing center three times. She was forced to leave home to avoid the persecution in 2001. 610 Office personnel lied to her family, saying that she would not be persecuted anymore, so she returned home. However, she was arrested again and detained in a basement to be brainwashed and tormented. Even when she was quite ill and had blood in her stool, 610 Office personnel and policemen did not spare her. They sent collaborators to harass her at home and security guards to supervise her 24 hours a day. Wang Huipu was persecuted to death in November 2003.
3) Ms. Zhao Hong, 55 years old, lived at central Xibahe Lane. Since 2001, the police have arrested her many times and persecuted her at a brainwashing center. When the police arrested her, her husband was traumatized and lost the ability to take care of himself. Meanwhile, she was dismissed from work. After Zhao Hong practiced Falun Gong, all of her illnesses went away, but after she was persecuted in the brainwashing center, she became emaciated and died in 2004.
2. Falun Dafa practitioners sentenced to prison or forced labor
1) Ms. Xiang Guilan lives at central Xibahe Lane. Since 1999, she has been detained and had her home ransacked many times. In November 1999, she was sentenced to three years of imprisonment for attending a practitioners' experience sharing conference. After she was released, the residents committee and 610 Office personnel went to her home many times and harassed her. She has become homeless in order to avoid further persecution.
2) Ms. Zhang Lianying of central Xibahe Lane has been arrested and detained many times since 1999. She was sentenced to two years of forced labor in 2001 and was tortured. She was again arrested by the national security secret agents in 2002, and suffered all kinds of torture at Beijing Tongzhou Brainwashing Center, Beijing Daxing Legal Education Training Center and Beijing Police Hospital. After her release, she has been followed and monitored by the 610 Office, policemen and the residents committee officers, and her family members are being harassed as well.
3) Ms. Tang Jianshu of north Liufang Lane has been arrested and detained many times, and held in custody on public holidays. She was sentenced to one year of forced labor in December 2000. After she was released, although she became very emaciated and mentally disoriented, she was again taken to the brainwashing center by 610 Office personnel. She was sent home after becoming paralyzed from torture.
4) Ms. Yang Yuli of north Liufang Lane was sentenced to one and a half years of forced labor. After she was released, she had to leave home due to continuous harassment.
5) Mr. Niu Jinping of central Xibahe Lane has been arrested and had his home ransacked many times since 1999. He was persecuted in a mental hospital and removed from government service. He served two years of forced labor in Jiamusi in 2000. After his term expired, the police sent him directly to a brainwashing center for further persecution without notifying his family. He was deprived of sleep and tortured in the brainwashing center.
6) Ms. Wang Shuge lives at south Liufang Lane. Because she went to Beijing to appeal in 1999, she has been arrested and detained many times and harassed at home by the police. On public holidays, she is often detained and violently beaten by the police. In October 2000, Wang Shuge was sentenced to one year of forced labor. Due to the persecution, her child was seriously traumatized, her husband's illness worsened, and they fell into great hardship.
7) Ms. Niu Dan of central Xibahe Lane has been arrested many times since 1999. She was sentenced to one year of forced labor in 2000. A year later, she was sent to a brainwashing center for further persecution.
8) Ms. Liu Jinxia of central Xibahe Lane has been arrested and detained many times since 1999. She has been harassed and supervised by the 610 Office and the residents committee, and her family members have also been harassed. She was sentenced to two years of forced labor in 2002 for clarifying the truth about Falun Gong.
9) Ms. Wang Guilan lives at central Xibahe Lane. In 2001, because she distributed truth-clarification materials, she was cruelly beaten by the police, her face was distorted, and she was sentenced to one and a half years of forced labor. After she returned home, she was still harassed by the 610 Office, the residents committee and policemen. On February 2, 2005, she was secretly arrested and her home was ransacked. Her whereabouts are still unknown.
10) Ms. Ge Yuying lives at west Guangximen Lane. She was sentenced to one and a half years of forced labor in 2001, and is still being monitored since she came home.
11) Mr. Pan Hongjun lives west Xibahe Lane. Since 1999, he has been arrested, had his home ransacked, and was removed from government service. The policemen of the detention center pulled off all his clothes in the cold winter and insulted and beat him. He was sentenced to one year of forced labor in 2000. In early 2003, his home was ransacked. Because Falun Gong books were found at his home, he was again sentenced to two years of forced labor. His 3-year-old daughter is unable to see her father.
12) Mr. Wang Li, alias Li Nan, lives at north Liufang Lane. In March 2004, he was arrested from home, and his home was ransacked. The police confiscated all his cash and his bankbook. At that time, his wife was about to give birth. They asked the police to leave them some money for her hospitalization, but were refused. Wang Li is still being held, his wife and child have no source of income, and live in hardship with an ill mother-in-law.
13) Mr. Du Lichun of central Xibahe Lane has been harassed and monitored by the 610 Office and the residents committee since 1999. He has been arrested many times, sentenced to one year of forced labor, and dismissed from the Communist Party. His family members have also been harassed.
14) Ms. Yue Jun of west Xibahe Lane was sentenced to two years of forced labor in 2002. Since her release, she has had difficulty walking, and both of her legs are still numb to this day. Her husband is unemployed, and they live in hardship.
15) Ms. Zhao Zhonglan lives on south Liufang Lane. Since 1999, policemen have harassed and arrested her many times. She was sentenced to two years of forced labor in 2001, and persecuted until she developed heart disease and high blood pressure. She was released on bail for medical treatment, but her illness did not improve. In 2003, she was forcibly sent to a forced labor camp and now has difficulty walking normally due to the torture she endured there.
3. Falun Gong practitioners persecuted in detention centers and brainwashing centers
1) Ms. Zhang Guanghua resides at north Liufang Lane. Since 1999, she has been arrested, had her home ransacked, sent to the detention center many times, and force-fed. She has become homeless to avoid further persecution. Even when her husband was seriously ill, she could not go home to look after him. He eventually died. Her husband was also forced to write a "guarantee statement" for her. While she was homeless, Zhang Guanghua was followed by the police and secretly arrested. She later escaped from the police station.
2) Ms. Li Shanjuan from central Xibahe Lane is the former volunteer assistant of Chaoyang District. She has been persecuted, and had to leave home to avoid the persecution in 2001. In May 2003, she was sent to the brainwashing center. Her family members were also arrested and beaten many times, and her family and colleagues have also been implicated.
3) Ms. Zhang Huiling of central Xibahe Lane has been arrested many times, and sent to detention centers, brainwashing centers, and force-fed. The 610 Office, the residents committee and policemen continuously monitored and harassed her at home. One early morning in 2002, 610 Office personnel and policemen came to take her to a brainwashing center, and did not show their identification. Her daughter and disabled husband questioned the police as to why they were arresting her. The police slapped her daughter and pushed her husband to the ground. Another time, the police even took away her husband and did not give him any food during his detention.
4) Ms. Gao Yuling has been arrested and had her home ransacked many times. She has been held at the detention center and tortured on the "death bed" for a week. Her mouth was stuffed with socks and her pants were pulled off. The 610 Office forcibly sent her to the brainwashing center many times. Her husband, a policeman, even threatened that if she did not "transform," he would be removed from government service. She was physically and mentally tortured. The 610 Office, the residents committee and policemen constantly monitor and harass her.
5) Mr. Guo Lin lives at east Xibahe Lane. He was detained in 2000 for attending a Falun Gong practitioners' experience sharing conference. In 2002, he was sent to a brainwashing center by the 610 Office.
6) Mr. Shi Yongheng of north Liufang Lane was arrested in October 2000. During his detention he was not allowed to wear shoes and socks on the ice-cold cement floor. As a result, he lost the ability to walk. He was also persecuted in the brainwashing center, supervised and harassed by the 610 Office, the residents committee and police.
7) Ms. Xu Cuiyu of central Xibahe Lane was arrested and detained in 2000. Her home was ransacked in 2004. She is under continuous supervision and harassment by the 610 Office, the residents committee and police.
8) Ms. Zhang Shuai has been arrested many times, detained at a detention center five times, and sent to Daxing Brainwashing Center and Xinan Forced Labor Camp by the 610 Office. She is under continuous supervision and harassment by the 610 Office, the residents committee and police.
9) Ms. Lin Lan of south Xibahe Lane has been arrested, detained and persecuted at a brainwashing center many times, and has been subjected to continuous supervision and harassment by the 610 Office, the residents committee and police.
Falun Gong practitioners who have been persecuted at the detention center and brainwashing center also include Wang Qingying, Li Xitian, Yi Shuzhen, Wei Cunju, Yin Xia, Xu Qiuxia, Jin Jianying, Wang Liqin and others. We will continue to expose details of the persecution to the world.