Latest News from China - February 11, 2005
- [Zhangjiakou City, Hebei Province] Mr. Wu Gang Arrested
- [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Hou Yuhua and Ms. Xu Chi Arrested at Lushunkou
- [Panzhihua City, Sichuan Province] Mr. Zhang Shangbi Arrested, His Whereabouts Unknown
- [Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Cui Xiuying Held in Custody in Harbin
- [Guangning County, Guangdong Province] Mr. Chen Guoxing is Again Sent to the Sanshui Forced Labor Camp
- [Beijing] Ms. Li Heting, Ms. Zhao Haiying and Ms. Li Yunying Arrested in Late 2004
- [Shahe City, Hebei Province] Organizations and Officials Responsible for the Arrest of Mr. Zhang Guangcai
1. [Zhangjiakou City, Hebei Province] Mr. Wu Gang Arrested
At about 10:00 a.m. on February 7, 2005, officers from the State Security Unit in the Qiaoxi Police Department in Zhangjiakou City ordered Mr. Wu to go to the police department to answer a few questions. When Mr. Wu arrived at the police department, which is also the location of the 610 Office, he was taken into custody and interrogated. Mr. Wu's mother, who is about 80 years old, needs his care, and has been left unattended at home.
Beginning in October 2000, officials from the Qiaoxi Police Department, the Dongyaozi and Xinhua Street Police Stations repeatedly harassed Mr. Wu at his home, his mother's home and his workplace. He was forced to become homeless to avoid being persecuted, and his mother was terrified. She subsequently suffered from colon cancer and underwent two surgeries.
Relevant telephone numbers:
Country code: 86, area code: 313
Yan Zhiyou, chief of the Qiaoxi District Police Department in Zhangjiakou City: 8687238 (office)
Gao Xueping, deputy chief of the Qiaoxi District Police Department in Zhangjiakou City: 86-13903135868 (cellular)
Wang Chunli, head of the Xinhua Street Police Station in Qiaoxi District: 8052096
Wang Jianguo, director of the Zhangjiakou City 610 Office: 2016415 (office)
Yang Min, deputy director of the Anti-[slanderous term omitted] Office in Zhangjiakou City: 2016687 (office)
2. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Ms. Hou Yuhua and Ms. Xu Chi Arrested at Lushunkou
Ms. Hou Yuhua and Ms. Xu Chi were arrested by officers from the Lushunkou Police Station while distributing truth-clarifying CDs at Lushunkou, Dalian City, Liaoning Province.
3. [Panzhihua City, Sichuan Province] Mr. Zhang Shangbi Arrested, His Whereabouts Unknown
At about 11:00 p.m. on February 1, 2005, about a dozen officials and state security police officers from Panzhihua City and Miyi County, led by Zhao Chaokun, deputy commissioner of Binggu Town, Xu Jian, village Party Secretary, and officer Huang Guangshun, broke into Mr. Zhang Shangbi's home. They ransacked his house and found a few Falun Dafa books and some other documents. They claimed that evidence was found, so they handcuffed Mr. Zheng and took him to the Binggu Town Police Station. Mr. Zhang was transferred to the Miyi County Detention Center the next day. No further information is available.
4. [Heilongjiang Province] Ms. Cui Xiuying Held in Custody in Harbin
Ms. Cui Xiuying is about 60 years old. She was detained for reading Falun Dafa books on the train on her way back to her hometown in Shandong Province around January 20, 2005. She is being held in Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province. The exact location is not known.
5. [Guangning County, Guangdong Province] Mr. Chen Guoxing is Again Sent to the Sanshui Forced Labor Camp
Mr. Chen Guoxing is from Guangning County, Guangdong Province. On October 20, 2004 he was arrested for writing letters to authorities and bringing up charges against the 610 Office. He has been sentenced again to two years of forced labor and taken to the Sanshui Forced Labor Camp. Mr. Chen had previously served two years of forced labor there between 2000 and 2001.
6. [Beijing] Ms. Li Heting, Ms. Zhao Haiying and Ms. Li Yunying Arrested in Late 2004
Elderly practitioners Ms. Liu Heting and Ms. Zhao Haiying live on Erlong Street. They were tricked into returning to a brainwashing center in late 2004. Ms. Li Yunying, who lives near Wukesong, had twice been taken to the Beijing Women's Forced Labor Camp. Around December 2004, she was abducted again. Her whereabouts are unknown.
7. [Shahe City, Hebei Province] Organizations and Officials Responsible for the Arrest of Mr. Zhang Guangcai
On February 4, 2005, Mr. Zhang Guangcai returned to his hometown in Dongguan County, Shandong Province to spend the lunar Spring Festival. Shahe police arrived in four cars and arrested him. Mr. Zhang's whereabouts remain unknown. This is the third time he has been arrested without cause. His wife, Ms. Zhang Xingfang, who is also a Falun Dafa practitioner, was arrested a second time on December 24, 2004. She refused to be brainwashed after being taken to a brainwashing center in Xingtai City, Hebei Province. She has since been sent to a forced labor camp in Shijiazhuang City.
Relevant telephone numbers:
Country code: 86, area code: 319
Detention Center: 883476, 8836477, 8838909
Shahe City 610 Office: 8821610
Wang Long, chief of the Shahe City Police Department: 8929666 (office), 86-13903193607 (cellular)
Liu Tonglin, deputy chief of the Shahe City Police Department: 8932991 (home), 86-13503197999 (cellular)
610 Office of the Xingtai City Police Department: 3193610
Xingtai City 610 Office: 3186306
Liu Chaoliang, head of police unit: 86-13932956107 (cellular)
Jing, deputy head of police unit: 86-13930970610 (cellular)
Xingtai City Brainwashing Center: 3191294
Xingtai City Legal Education Center: 3190616, 3193610
Liu Lixiang, head of the legal education center: 86-13313398989 (cellular)
Qiu Youlin, deputy head of the legal education center: 86-13930961675 (cellular)
February 11, 2005