(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Zhang Guozhen was 1.55 meters (5 ft.-1 in.) tall and born in 1950. She worked for the No. 1 Farming Team of the No. 1 Village in Shouqiao Township, Tongnan County, Chongqing City, and she was the doctor in her village. Before she practiced Falun Dafa, she suffered from many diseases, all her teeth fell out, she had a prolapsed womb, and she had hemorrhoids, etc. All of these diseases disappeared after she began Falun Gong practice. Due to her firm belief in Dafa, she was frequently arrested and persecuted by the local National Security Brigade led by Captain Zhang Liang of Tongnan County. In June 2002, she was illegally sentenced to forced labor imprisonment and brutally tortured at the Maojiashan Women's Forced Labor Camp. When she was released, her whole body was swollen, and she died on February 3, 2005.

Above is a photo of Ms. Zhang Guozhen at the Maojiashan Women's Forced Labor Camp in Chongqing City. The labor camp forced her to wear the blue inmate uniform with the words "XUE YUAN" (student). They forced Falun Gong practitioners to "recognize their status" and forced them to acknowledge that they were "students under forced labor." The white strip on the background is for the staff to measure inmates' height.

1. Officials Instigate Hatred, Intimidate with High Pressure, and Deceive and Entice People. Ms. Zhang Guozhen Had Nowhere to Stay

On February 29, 2000, Zhang Liang and his team from the Tongnan County National Security Brigade broke into Ms. Zhang Guozhen's home, took her to a detention center, and detained her for nearly six months without following any legal procedure. After she was released, she stayed away from home in order to avoid further persecution. She worked as a nanny for several months at a relative's home in Xiaodu Town of Tongnan County, and then went to another relative's home in her area.

In late September 2001, Zhang Liang searched everywhere to capture Zhang Guozhen, so she had to go to another relative's home far away. Zhang Liang monitored all her relatives using threats, cheating and enticements, "It is not a big deal. We need her to write something, and then she will be free and no longer need to hide. Whoever hides her will be arrested too." Moreover he also enticed the neighbors to report her.

Jiang's regime used means of "instigating hatred," "intimidating with high pressure," and "deceiving and enticing" to make Ms. Zhang's relatives and villagers regard her as an enemy, so she had no steady place to stay.

She later changed residence many times, and experienced the ordeal of being chased and hunted. One time she saw policemen looking for her, so she ran up the mountain, and sat in a reed clump. It started to rain and Zhang Guozhen's entire body became wet and muddy all over. Sometimes she stayed on the mountain for a long time, no matter whether day or night, sunny or raining. At one time she did not have any food for quite a few meals, so she went to a villager's home at the bottom of the mountain, and begged for a bowl of rice. During this period, one of her previous patients helped her and protected her.

Later, with the help of Falun Dafa practitioners, Zhang Guozhen left this horrible environment, but at first she did not take off her clothes when she slept, as she said she could get up and run if the police came. Afterwards, through studying the Fa and adjusting her mindset, she gradually ridded herself of this dark cloud.

2. Arrested Again, and Tragically Killed by Mistreatment

In early 2002, Ms. Zhang Guozhen went to Yibin City, Sichuan Province to clarify the true facts about Falun Gong. She was arrested by local police, and she encountered brutal torment and interrogation by torture. About ten days later, she was taken to Tongnan County Detention Center by Zhang Liang for further persecution. Zhang Liang stepped on her feet with his shoes, and stomped on her toes until they turned black. Zhang Guozhen refused to cooperate, and was illegally sentenced to two years of forced labor by the National Security Brigade of the Police Department on June 10, 2002.

In the Maojiashan Women's Forced Labor Camp of Chongqing City, policemen and drug addicts used all means to torture Ms. Zhang Guozhen, both physically and mentally. She once fainted, and both her mind and body experienced severe trauma. Because she was not allowed to practice the Falun Gong exercises and she suffered from torture, she became very emaciated and had a relapse of her old illnesses. Her womb prolapsed, bloody fluid seeped out, and she was in great pain. However, the Maojiashan Women's Forced Labor Camp was not concerned, and did not spare her. She was not released until February 2004, when she had served a full two years of forced labor.

After she came out of the forced labor camp, Ms. Zhang Guozhen had no source of income. One of her students, Zhao Qun, who learned medicine from her and lived at Xiaodu Town, Tongnan County took her in. She helped to treat patients and worked at the pharmacy, so she had a bit of an income. During that period, the local policemen often harassed her, and forced Zhao Qun to supervise Ms. Zhang, to not let her practice Falun Gong or do any truth clarification, otherwise she would be held responsible.

A few months later, because Ms. Zhang's edema became more and more severe throughout her whole body, she was no longer able to work at the pharmacy, so she moved to her nephew's place. Her nephew worked for a boss who feared being implicated, so her nephew was dismissed. Ms. Zhang had to temporarily rent a room, and later she could not get up from bed. After several months of suffering and pain, she died on February 3, 2005.

3. Outwitting the Evil Party and Renouncing the Communist Youth League Before She Died

Ms. Zhang had deep feelings during the five years of persecution, and a month before she passed away she wrote and sent out her solemn declaration to renounce the Communist Young Pioneers and the Communist Youth League. She was determined to break from the Chinese Communist Party.

Ms Zhang's daughter, who lived with her father after they divorced, was poisoned by the party, and her human nature had become twisted. After her mother's death, she did not feel that her mother's murderers were responsible. Instead she was angry with the victim, and held hatred for Falun Gong. She burned all of her mother's Falun Gong books and tapes.

Currently, four Falun Gong practitioners from Tongnan County are verified to have died from torture. They are Mr. Tang Yun (about 30 years old), Ms. Li Lanying (about 42 years old), Ms. Guo Sulan (about 52 years old) and Ms. Zhang Guozhen (54 years old). Other than Mr. Tang Yun, the practitioners have all been illegally sentenced to forced labor (Minghui website has records).

In 2000, police officers from the Tongnan County Detention Center were: Liu Zhongming (male, manager), Li Junhua (male, deputy-manager), Chen Jian (male, clerk), Gong Fuchun (male, clerk) and so on.

4. Re-enactments of Torture Methods Used on Ms. Zhang Guozhen

The following demonstrations are re-enactment according to Zhang Guozhen's description when she was alive and other witness accounts.

Policeman Zhang Liang stepping on Ms. Zhang's feet

Policeman Luo Yonghong slapping Ms. Zhang's face

Policeman Zhang Liang kicking Ms. Zhang

Photo 5: "Military training" in a cell

Photo 6: "Military training" lineup outdoors

The horrible elements of the "military training" (combined according to practitioners' descriptions after they were released)

Photo 5 narration: "Military training" in a cell (forced to squat down or stand in a military posture). It is a method used by policemen and a group of criminals to persecute Falun Gong practitioners. The practitioners are isolated and forced to keep a posture without moving for several hours. If the practitioners resist or move, they are cruelly beaten. After the beatings, practitioners are forced to continue the same posture or another similar posture, continuously for several days.

Photo 6 narration: "Military training" lineup outdoors (witnessed by practitioners in the forced labor camp). Practitioners are forced to stand in army corps' posture, and perform three big steps (uniform step, parade step, jogs). Each of the movements is a persecution method. Practitioners are forced to wear the labor camp uniform, wear a "student label," and are supervised and constrained with every movement. The police and detainee on duty create and operate a horrible atmosphere in the playground, and the criminals supervise practitioners completing their tasks in detail, and terrorize the detainees to break their wills.

Policemen from the special team in charge of persecuting Falun Gong in Tongnan County National Security Brigade are: Zhang Liang (male, captain), Luo Yonghong (male), Li Hengyi (male), Zhang Shimao (male), Liu Yong (male), Li Yonghong (female).

Telephone 86-23-44582011, 86-23-44552429, 86-13709428300 (Cell)