(Clearwisdom.net) Li Xia, 38 years old, is from Daliguan Village, Shenpo Township, Wuyi County, Hebei Province. On July 29, 2003, around 1:20 p.m., Ma Shiwu, the deputy chief from the Wuyi County Police Station, Zhao Shifeng, the political security section chief and ten others forcefully barged into Li Xia's home and abducted her. That same afternoon, they sent her to the Gaoyang Forced Labor Camp in Hebei Province for a three-year term of forced labor.

Li Xia is still detained in the No. Five Brigade at the Gaoyang Forced Labor Camp. As soon as she arrived there, the police began to torture her. Ms. Li was isolated for a long time and not allowed to sleep. She frequently suffered beatings and shocks from electric batons. The authorities forced her to recite the prison rules and watch TV programs slandering Falun Dafa. Li Xia had to attend brainwashing classes taught by collaborators who tried to force her to write a guarantee statement.

On October 28, 2003, the labor camp attempted to force all Dafa practitioners to answer questions on a "test" designed to slander Falun Dafa. Everyone was required to take the test, and those who refused would suffer severe persecution. Li Xia refused, so that same night she was shocked with six electric batons simultaneously for three hours. On the third night, she suffered shocks for another two hours. Ms. Liu Yuzhen, who was over 60 years old, lost control of her bladder due to being shocked. She was sent to the Gaoyang hospital after she fainted.

Several times, Li Xia was made to endure such tortures as being hung up with both hands tied, shocked with electric batons, tied to a tiger bench, forced to assume the "flying the airplane" position or made to squat near the wall. She was also subjected to forced standing, to freezing in cold weather and baking in the sun, among other brutal tortures. Ms. Li was beaten to unconsciousness many times and then awakened by cold water being poured on her. She became was pale and emaciated and could hardly be recognized.

In April 2004, the guards attempted to make Li Xia slander Teacher 50 times. She firmly refused. The police tortured her with the "Killer Rope" (1) and the rope cut into her flesh. The police then tortured her with electric batons several times, each time for over ten minutes, which made her face swollen and deformed, and her hands numb.

In Mid-August 2004, in order to get more bonus money, the Gaoyang Forced Labor Camp started another brainwashing class so as to reach the required "transformation" rate. Li Xia was once again tortured with the "Killer Rope," with both hands tied behind her back and her feet lifted off the ground. In the meantime, they used eight electric batons on her, making her black and blue. Both of Li Xia's shoulders were severely disjointed and her muscles were severely pulled. After she fainted, Ms. Li was awakened with cold water and forced to endure another round of torture. In the end, she was tortured to the point of suffering a mental collapse.

(1) Killer Rope: The rope is first looped around the neck, and both ends are then tucked underneath the victim's armpits. The rope is then wrapped around the arms several times, and then the two ends are brought together in the back and tied off. Finally the knot is lifted straight up, causing excruciating pain in the wrists, arms, shoulders and the neck.