(Clearwisdom.net) The Falun Gong practitioner couple Li Tingrong and Wang Suzhen from Balinzuo Qi, Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia died on February 21, 2004 and December 25, 2002 respectively.

Mr. Li Tingrong, 82 years old, and Ms. Wang Suzhen, 77 years old, were residents of Balinzuo Qi, Chifeng City, Inner Mongolia. They both had suffered from many illnesses, but fully recovered after practicing Falun Gong.

Since July 20, 1999, the local authorities frequently went to their home to harass them. They illegally searched their home for Falun Gong books, forced them to write a guarantee statement to give up practicing Falun Gong, and further intimidated them by forcing them to monitor each other.

After their three daughters were sent to forced labor camps for practicing Falun Gong, they were gravely concerned and missed their daughters very much. Such heavy mental burdens and the persecution caused the recurrence of the cancer that Wang Suzhen had previously suffered. She died on December 25, 2002.

After Wang Suzhen passed away, the police again went to harass the family. They interrogated the weak and ill Mr. Li Tingrong and forced to him to tell the whereabouts of a daughter who had escaped from captivity. Due to the long term and frequent harassment and threats, Li Tingrong died on February 21, 2004.

As of today, many Falun Gong practitioners in Chifeng City have died from torture. Among them is 62-year-old Zhao Yanxia, who died while being force-fed. Practitioner Zheng Lanfeng was also force-fed, sometimes with over a pound salt. She was also brutally tortured with other methods and died 18 days after she was incarcerated. Practitioner Zhou Caixia was sentenced to eight years and the police inserted a tube into her stomach through her nose to force-feed her. Seeing that she was already vomiting a lot of blood, they still kept force-feeding her. Then she was sent to the Baoanzhao Prison, with the tube in her nose. She died from torture five months after being incarcerated there.

It was reported that Falun Gong practitioner Shao Jihong, also a teacher in the Balinzuo District Kindergarten, was arrested on September 10, 2004 when she was at work. The perpetrators were policemen Du Yi and Na Shun from the Balinzuo District Police Department, along with other policemen from Linxi Police Department who suddenly broke in.

Relevant telephone numbers:

Balinzuo District Police Department: Na Shun, leader of the National Security Team, 86-476-7882568 (Home)
Du Yi, policeman, 86-13847685802 (Cell), 86-476-7881095 (Home)