Teng Qingling, an officer at the Yushu City Detention Center poured a bucket of dirty water into a Falun Dafa practitioner's coat on a winter day when it was -16 degrees Fahrenheit. The practitioner's coat was soaked. Teng also beat practitioners in the waist area with an electric baton, slapped their mouths, and confiscated Falun Dafa books through deception.

Director Wen Zaifu of the Yushu City Custodial Center forced practitioners to lie on the ground. He led a group of officers to whip the practitioners with plastic tubes. Hu Haijun, an officer at the custodial center, slapped practitioner Yang Fuzhen over twenty times. Yang's face turned dark purple and swelled immediately. Practitioners Liu Shujuan and Zhao Shuxia's right hands were cuffed to their left ankles. They were forced to walk around the racetrack on the playground.

When the temperatures dropped to -16 degrees Fahrenheit, the officers forced practitioners to go outside before daybreak and stand still for almost two hours without coats. Ms. Liu Jinfeng, 19, was kept in the snow for over an hour in thin clothes. Officer Gao Yong made practitioners squat on cement. Officer Sun Jingfu ordered a man in his sixties to take off his pants and then whipped him with a plastic tube for a long time. The elderly practitioner almost passed out. They made him stay in the subzero weather lightly clothed.

Shen Zhongguo, an officer from the Peiying Police Station, went to practitioners' homes several times to harass them. He sent a practitioner to the detention center for over fifty days. They fed the practitioner two one and a half ounce corn cakes per day. Starved practitioners were forced to dig dirt, carry soil, and build fishponds. Practitioners went on a hunger strike in the detention center for three days. They were forced to shovel snow during the hunger strike, while they were barely able to walk.

In addition, Wang Yizhang and Pei Ying, officials from the neighborhood administration office, often came to practitioners' homes to harass them. Guo Shuqing, head of the political security section, and another woman official slapped a practitioner hard several times.

February 26, 2005