The three practitioners mentioned below died as a result of harassment and interference in their lives. Had the persecution of Falun Gong not happened, they would most likely still be alive today.

Man Unable to Continue His Practice of Falun Gong Dies When His Previous Illnesses Returned

Mr. Hao Jiangrui was a Falun Gong practitioner from Dongqiandang, Hongqi District, Xinxiang City, Henan Province. He began to practice Falun Gong in 1998. After the persecution of Falun Gong began on July 20, 1999, he went to Beijing to appeal. After he returned home, the police kept harassing him. He wasn't able to study the Fa or practice the exercises. As a result, his old illnesses reappeared. He passed away on September 12, 2004.

Department Store Party Secretary Dies after Years of Harassment

Ms. Sun Yuexian was the party secretary of the Wendeng City Department Store in Shandong Province. After the persecution of Falun Gong began on July 20, 1999, she was constantly harassed by the general manager Liang Rongxiu, political security secretary Chen Dong, and security section chief Chen Xinjiang from her workplace. She passed away in 2003, at the age of 63.

Mother Dies After Years of Harassment to Herself and Her Sons

Ms. Wang Jingfang was a Falun Gong practitioner from Depo Village, Beiliuzhi Town, Jing County, Hengshui City, Hebei Province. She was harassed by local police many times. In 2001, her two sons were arrested and detained for several months. Her younger son suffered from mental collapse due to the torture. Her older son went on a hunger strike and wasn't released until he was on the verge of death and his family had to pay several thousand yuan.

In August 2002, her older son was arrested again and sent to Hengshui Brainwashing Class, where he was beaten and abused. Later he jumped out of a second floor window to escape. At present, he is still going from place to place in order to avoid further persecution. The persecution of her two sons caused a great mental burden for Wang Jingfang. She passed away on May 29, 2004, at the age of 51.