(Clearwisdom.net) Guangdong Province has experienced frequent natural and man-made disasters in recent years. This is definitely not accidental.

"When people do not have virtue, natural calamities and man-made disasters will abound." ("When the Fa is Right," Essentials for Further Advancement)

1. The Violent Suppression Begins

Former Chinese president Jiang Zemin used his visit to Hong Kong in April 2000 as a prelude to escalate the persecution. His justification was that social order was not being maintained and it needed to be tightened. He frequently called out thousands of armed police in Guangzhou, Dongguan, and Panyu and put in force illegal means to capture Falun Dafa practitioners who had left home to avoid the persecution. Consequently, many people were illegally arrested, including local practitioners and those who had moved to Guangzhou. The authorities also did not spare practitioners who practiced quietly at home. Persecution fever was in full force, and many practitioners were taken to brainwashing centers.

During Jiang's visit to Hong Kong, tourist groups from Mainland China were not granted entry into Hong Kong. Not even tourists from Shenzhen and Zhuhai, cities close to Hong Kong and Macau, were allowed to travel to Hong Kong. No one was granted a visitor's pass.

An unprecedented number of practitioners from Guangdoing were arrested, beaten, sentenced to prison and taken to forced labor camps. We are unable to account for all the practitioners persecuted from that time. Even those not directly involved with Falun Gong became victims.

2. Malicious Slander of Dafa

In April, Guangdong Province's Drama Group produced a play slandering Dafa and planned to tour and perform throughout the province. On the morning of June 20, Guangdong Province's Administrative Division, the Public City Division, the Committee of Political and Legislative Affairs, the Public Security Bureau, the Civil Administration Office, the Human Affairs Office and other divisions made an announcement introducing "first-class groups" and 165 "highly developed individuals" with "outstanding performance in persecuting Falun Gong."

3. Luo Gan Responsible for Redeployment of Law Enforcement and Military Personnel, while Huang Huahua Remained at Shaoguan, Intensifying the Persecution in Guangdong

It is rumored that before Hu Jintao visited North America in September 2005, government officials in Guangdong transferred more than 500 police officers and special agents, even chemical defense army staff, from the north to monitor and persecute practitioners. We heard that Luo Gan was personally responsible for the redeployment. At the time, large-scale arrests of practitioners occurred in Gaozhou, Guangzhou, Yunfu, Zhaoqing, Haizhu, Shenzhen, Shantou, Chaoyang, Maoming, Panyu, Jieyang and other places in Guangdong. During this well-planned mass arrest, more than 25 Falun Gong practitioners were taken into custody.

On July 15, 2005, Huang Huahua, the Governor of Shaoguan traveled to Shaoguan. Shaoguan became a major area for the persecution of Falun Gong. The persecution intensified, with the Shaoguan area 610 Office and its subordinates arresting practitioners in large numbers.

Rumors are that the Guangdong Jieyang 610 Office had sent 15 special agents for training. Upon completion of their training, they are expected to intimidate Falun Gong practitioners. They will make an attempt to deceive local practitioners into trusting them so that they can acquire information about others and discover the locations of truth clarification materials production sites. These agents are under orders to destroy any such sites.

Family members of practitioners who were detained in Guangzhou Prison have said that no family visits were allowed for three months, and then families were asked to wait for notification from the prison after the three months were over. In this way, the authorities attempted to block the facts of the persecution.

In mid-September 2005, because their minds had been poisoned by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP), members of the Guangdong Mobile Shenzhen Branch held a meeting. They decided that all staff members must copy word-for-word a Guarantee Statement. They had to guarantee not to participate in Falun Gong activities and stop family members or relatives from practicing, and so on. If they refused to copy and hand in the guarantee statement, they would be severely punished politically and financially and be dismissed from their job.

4. Jiang's Regime Does Not Apply the Law to Falun Gong

In order to persecute Falun Gong, Jiang Zemin and the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) established the 610 Office. No one holds jurisdiction over this office, which has been given absolute power, included depriving citizens of his or her legal rights. The National Public Security Department, and the judicial and legal departments do not follow the law, but rather will follow secret orders pertaining to Falun Gong. Random arrests, ransacking of people's homes, fines, forced labor camp sentences, torture, and even depriving people of their lives--the 610 Office has full jurisdiction over these activities without any oversight. The fundamental laws of the country, such as the Constitution, criminal law and Laws of Criminal Procedure have no value and are mere words on paper. The following are examples of the CCP's bypassing the rule of law in the persecution of Falun Gong.

Ms. Han Yuejuan's Prison Term Extended by Three Years Because She Said, "Falun Dafa Is Good" Three Times

Ms. Han Yuejuan, 40, from Guangzhou is a former government employee of the Dongshan District Organization in Guangzhou. Because she is firm in her belief in Falun Gong, the Guangzhou police arrested her in June 2001. Ms. Han was held in a detention center in the Longdong Wushan District of Guangzhou for two years. She was not allowed family visits nor given representation by a lawyer. Han Yuejuan was sentenced to six years in prison and taken to Guangzhou City Women's Prison.

During the court proceedings, Ms. Han was asked about her understanding of Falun Dafa. Ms. Han said, "Falun Dafa is good," firmly and with a strong voice three times. Therefore, the judge from Guangzhou court extended her prison term another three years above the original three-year sentence. The judge stated that for each time Ms. Han said, "Falun Dafa is good," another year would be added to her prison sentence.

Ms. Ye Hongfang of Heyuan City Sentenced to Seven Years

Ms. Ye Hongfang is from Heyuan City, Guangdong Province. She has practiced Falun Gong for many years. After Jiang's regime began to persecute Falun Gong in July 1999, she went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong, but was arrested and taken back to Heyuan. Heyuan City's 610 Office took her to the Huizhou Mental Hospital of Guangdong Province, where she suffered brutal torture. Ms. Ye remained firm in her belief in Dafa and resisted the persecution. She was sentenced to one year of forced labor and taken to the 2nd Brigade of the Guangdong Sanshui Women's Forced Labor Camp. She suffered inhuman mental and physical torture in 2001. After Ms. Ye was released in 2002, she again joined the immense force of Fa-rectification. Because she was caught making Dafa truth-clarification materials, the Heyuan City 610 Office staff took her to the Sanshui Brainwashing Center. Ms. Ye again was brutally tortured and lost her eyesight. Then she was taken back to Heyuan City, where she was detained for close to a year. After that, staff from Heyuan City 610 Office sentenced Ye Hongfang to seven years in prison.

Ms. Tang Jinai of Zengcheng City, Guangdong, Two Months Pregnant, Suffered a Forced Abortion

Ms. Tang Jinai is a Falun Gong practitioner from Zhenlong Town, Zengcheng City, Guangdong Province. In December 2000, she went to Beijing to appeal for and validate Dafa. She was two months into her first pregnancy. Officers from the local police substation arrested her and sent her to the Zengcheng Detention Center. After they realized that she was pregnant, they got ready to release her from the detention center. However, as she left the detention center, Ms. Tang noticed that Luo Weijun from the Zhenlong Township police precinct was waiting for her. They dragged her into a van. Ms. Tang Jinai asked, "Who are you?" One of them said, "We are from the Family Planning Office in Zengcheng. We heard you are pregnant. We checked with the Family Planning Office and discovered that you did not apply for the right to get pregnant and you are not included in the quota for allowed pregnancies. You are not meeting the requirements set by the Family Planning Office." She said, "I checked with the Zhenlong Family Planning Office. I was told that one could apply for a birth permit only after one is four to six-months pregnant." (This is still the current rule.) But they blatantly lied, "In Zengcheng one must be granted the right to be counted under the quota before becoming pregnant and getting a birth permit!" Then they took her to the Family Planning Office in Zengcheng City, Guangdong Province. Five to six males held her on the operating table for a forced abortion!

After the procedure, they took her back to the Zhenlong Police Precinct. The personnel there didn't want to keep her, so they sent her home. She lay down on the bed, with her mind blank. These evil people deprived a two-month-old life of its opportunity to live! They killed this life without the mother's approval, without notifying her family, and without her husband's presence. They also sent people to monitor Ms. Tang daily. During the 2001 Chinese New Year's Eve, they deceived Tang Jinai's family. They said that they would take her to a hospital, but they took her to the Zengcheng Drug Rehabilitation Center. Two months later, because she refused to give up Falun Gong, Ms. Tang was taken to Guangzhou Chatou Forced Labor Camp. She was sentenced without due cause to one and a half years of forced labor.

Mr. Xie Hanzhu from Meizhou City, Guangdong Province, Suffers Inhuman Persecution at Sanshui Forced Labor Camp

Mr. Xie Hanzhu, 40, from Meizhou City, Guangdong Province, was an employee at the Office of Public Affairs. Because of his firm belief in Falun Gong, he was expelled from the Communist Party, dismissed from his job, and sentenced to detention in the former Section One of Group Five in Sanshui Forced Labor Camp. Mr. Xie has been there since December 1999. He has suffered the following cruel tortures:

1) On arrival at the Fifth Group, Mr. Xie was beaten savagely. The guards beat his chest and kicked his head. He was in excruciating pain and had trouble breathing after the beating.

2) Mr. Xie was conscripted into forced labor for over 12 hours daily. He and others were frequently forced to work overnight in order to finish assigned tasks. Those unable to complete an assignment were shocked with an electric baton or beaten with a whip made of metal that was covered with rubber. To cause maximum pain, the guards' bound two whips together, each as thick as a finger. Just one lash left black raised marks on the back. The backs of practitioners beaten with this whip were covered with scars.

3) No showers for three months. Because of the appalling hygiene practices in the camp, Mr. Xie's body was covered with lice, which bit him relentlessly. It was unbearably itchy, as his skin was inflamed and full of pus.

4) Mr. Xie clarified the truth about Falun Dafa. Therefore, a guard ordered several inmates to drag him to the opening of the sewer pipe and forced him to breathe the stench for 10 minutes.

5) Prolonged shocks with electric batons. The guards used two high-voltage electric batons to shock Mr. Xie's entire body. They shocked the most sensitive areas, such as the ears, neck, nipples, armpits and soles of the feet. They forced the baton into his mouth and shocked him for an hour at a time. There were blisters all over his body after the torture.

6) Since the electric shock could not bend Mr. Xie's will, a guard pushed him to the ground. He lay face down and the guard brutally stomped on Mr. Xie's back with his leather boots. This guard also grabbed Mr. Xie's hair and struck his head against the floor. After this savage beating, Mr. Xie became so dizzy that he was unable to stand straight.

7) Cold showers in freezing weather. The guards ordered inmates to pour cold water over Mr. Xie for over half an hour in freezing weather. He shivered uncontrollably and his lips turned purple.

8) The torture of "five horses tearing apart the body." They forced Mr. Xie to sit in front of a pole with two inmates pulling his arms with all their strength and two others pulling his legs outward, causing excruciating pain. His arms and legs were bruised and swollen for days. He could not bend over or squat down. He was unable to sleep or go to the bathroom due to the pain.

9) Sleep deprivation. If Mr. Xie was not forced to work, after around 11 p.m., he was forced to "study" Marxist philosophy and write his understanding of what he read. He was not allowed to rest until he finished the notes. Sometimes the guards forcibly kept him awake. One guard talked to him for part of the night, and another for the rest of the night. The next day, Mr. Xie was forced to work all day. If he fell asleep, the guards would either kick or whip him. After two years of this persecution, Mr. Xie, formerly a vigorous and energetic young man, had become an emaciated, skinny, boney, gray-haired man, with a sickly complexion. His family members could not recognize him.

Organs Removed from Practitioners Murdered in the Persecution

Insiders have disclosed that transplantable organs of practitioners murdered in the persecution were removed and illegally sold. Hearing this news made us revisit cases of brutally murdered practitioners. We found that some bodies of practitioners tortured to death showed holes and sutures. We found that some were cremated without family approval, which is against Chinese law. We found other signs that indicated violation of the body. Therefore, we conclude that Jiang's regime not only committed murder by cruelly killing Falun Gong practitioners, but also the crime of selling people's organs.

One case in point: Ms. Hao Runjuan was a practitioner from Guangzhou. Her hometown was Zhangjiakou City, Hebei Province, and she lived in the Baiyun District of Guangzhou City. Ms. Hao was very healthy before she was arrested. After 22 days of torture by guards in the Guangzhou City Baiyun Detention Center, she lost her life. After her murder, the police authorities ordered an autopsy without the family's permission. As mentioned earlier, existing law requires the signature of a family member for an autopsy. After the family was asked to identify the body, the body was unrecognizable, and there were still fresh red bloodstains. Because the body was so disfigured, none of her family members believed it was Hao Runjuan, even after looking at the body twice. The authorities then took a blood sample for a DNA test from her two-year-old son to prove the body was truly Ms. Hao. It was confirmed that the body was that of Ms. Hao Runjuan.

5. Lies, Framing and Deceitful Propaganda

Since July 20, 1999, to justify the persecution of Falun Gong, Jiang's regime has utilized the propaganda machine of the entire nation to defame and entrap Falun Gong practitioners, cover the facts, fabricate all kinds of deceit and false stories, deceive people, and incite hatred on the part of people who do not know the truth about Falun Gong.

Yuan Runtian, a Murder in Panyu County, Guangdong

In the beginning of 2000, CCTV's "Focus Talk" program broadcast the news that Yuan Runtian from Panyu County, Guangdong, killed a village family with a knife. Yuan Runtian slandered the Teacher of Falun Gong and claimed that he had incited her to commit the murders.

One Falun Gong practitioner was Yuan Runtian's teacher when Yuan studied at the Guangzhou Light Industry Specialized School and knew that Yuan Runtian was not a practitioner. A former classmate from the same village said that Yuan Runtian's family had a history of mental illness. Her uncle often lost control and talked to himself non-stop. In early 1998, Yuan Runtian became absent-minded, suffered from delusion, and had no control over her thoughts. Falun Gong practitioners told her that her situation was not suitable for practicing Falun Gong, as Falun Gong does not encourage seriously mentally ill patients or someone whose family has a history of mental illness to practice. She expressed that she wouldn't practice anymore and returned all Falun Gong books and tapes. The school doctor also took her to Zhongshan No. 3 Hospital for treatment. Two years later, Yuan Runtian suddenly became mentally ill and killed people. The media took this opportunity to frame Falun Gong and claimed that Falun Gong's teachings incited her to commit these acts.

Mr. Li Hongzhi's writings clearly state that killing is forbidden. One cannot find anywhere in Mr. Li's writings any suggestion of killing or suicide. It is exactly the other way around.

Regarding killing, Mr. Li Hongzhi clearly states:

"The issue of killing is very sensitive. For practitioners, we have set the strict requirement that they cannot kill lives. Whether it is of the Buddha School, the Tao School, or the Qimen School, regardless of which school or practice it is, as long as it is an upright cultivation practice, it will consider this issue very absolute and prohibit killing--this is for sure." ("The Issue of Killing," Lecture Seven, Zhuan Falun)

He further states,

"Those who focus solely on the exercise movements but neglect xinxing cultivation will not be acknowledged as Falun Dafa disciples." (The Great Consummation Way of Falun Dafa)

The CCTV used the story of Yuan Runtian to defame and frame Falun Gong.

The Case of Ms. Shen Xinglian of Guangzhou

At the end of 1999, Guangdong TV instigated hatred towards Falun Gong by twisting and spreading the story of Ms. Shen Xinglian. Because she practiced Falun Gong, Ms. Shen Xinglian, former assistant to the Guangzhou Falun Dafa Principal Assistance Center did not seek treatment for her illness and refused to see a doctor or take medication. She eventually passed away.

Ms. Shen Xinglian was a former employee of the Guangzhou Iron Cooperation Company. Before she began to practice Falun Gong, she had many illnesses and could no longer work. She took early retirement when she was over 40 to recuperate at home. She began to practice Falun Gong in 1993. Her health gradually improved and all her illnesses disappeared. Her mental outlook also changed drastically. She saved her family and her company tens of thousands of yuan in medical costs. Everyone at her workplace and in her neighborhood knew that practicing Falun Gong was the reason for her recovery. Shen Xinglian died in 1998 when she went to Beijing.

Let's think about this. Let's assume that a patient dies in hospital. Can one say that her death was caused by the hospital? Then, why is Falun Gong responsible for the death of the practitioner? If it is established that people who practice Falun Gong don't die, then will everyone in the world come to practice it so that they won't die? Why turn a blind eye and a deaf ear to the fact that many people recovered from long-term illnesses after practicing Falun Gong and saved huge sums in medical expenses for the country? Yet, we take great pains to find a severely ill patient who did not practice and had come to the end of his/her natural life and insist that he/she died from practicing? If they die after they practiced Falun Gong, they are said to have died from the practice. Is this reasonable? They are said to be practitioners, but can he/she achieve the xinxing standards of a practitioner? If they only do the exercises and do not achieve the xinxing standard, won't they die at the end of their natural lifespan?

Suicide of Yu Suzhao; A Family in Huagong University also Included in the "1400 Cases"

A Falun Gong practitioner lived near Yu Suzhao, practiced at the same practice site, and knew her situation. During the Cultural Revolution, Yu Suzhao was hospitalized at Fangcun Mental Hospital in Guangzhou for several months due to mental illness. In 1995, she hid her illness history from Falun Gong practitioners and began to practice Falun Gong. Falun Gong does not allow people who are mentally ill or whose family has a history of mental illness to practice Falun Gong. In early 1998, Yu Suzhao's mental illness reoccurred, and her family took her to the mental hospital. At the time, practitioners suggested that she not practice any more. She also agreed and returned all Falun Gong books and tapes, and no longer practiced Falun Gong. Half a year later, her mental illness reoccurred. She fell from a building and died.

A genuine Falun Gong practitioner will not commit suicide. Mr. Li Hongzhi clearly stated, when he answered a disciple's question in the "Lecture in Sydney:"

"committing suicide is sinful." (Draft translation subject to change)

Connecting this kind of incident with Falun Gong is another way the Chinese authorities frame and persecute Falun Gong.

6. Jiang Zemin's Secret Order: "No Responsibility is Assigned when Killing Falun Gong Practitioners. Killing is Counted as Suicide"

An inquiry by the World Organization to Investigate the Persecution of Falun Gong showed that Guangdong Province is one of the provinces that persecuted Falun Gong most severely. Under the direct order of Jiang Zemin, the authorities "Take no responsibility in killing Falun Gong practitioners, killing is counted as suicide." As of October 2005, verified persecution deaths in Guangdong Province reached 64. Guangdong Province now stands at number eight among those provinces with the most deaths in China. Its persecution of Falun Gong is very brutal, and the situation is extremely serious.

A list of some of the practitioners who have died due to the persecution in Guangdong Province:

Hong Haoyuan (30, Chaozhou City), Lai Zhijun (50, Dongguan City), Zheng Huabing (19, Enping City), Chen Liwen (63, Gaozhou City), Huang Yaoying (68, Gaozhou City), Chen Chengyong (35, Guangzhou), Gao Xianmin (41, Guangzhou), Hao Runjuan (28, Guangzhou), Li Xiaojin (33, Guangzhou), Liu Shaobo (Guangzhou), Luo Zhixiang (28, Guangzhou), Rao Zhuoyuan (33, Guangzhou), Yang Xueqin (65, Guangzhou), Zeng Yuwen (25, Heyuan City), Deng Weiqun (Jiangmen City), Huang Weijun (50, Jieyang City), Wu Jingfang (51, Jieyang City), Huang Yulan (Maoming City), Li Liang (45, Maoming City), Luo Feiming (64, Maoming City), Yang Cheng (35, Maoming City), Chen Duo (54, Shantou), Wang Shubin (28, Shantou), Dafa disciple (28, Yangchun City)

1) Mr. Hong Haoyuan was 30 years old and an expert in mobile communication technology from the Chaozhou City Postal and Telecommunications Bureau in Guangdong Province. In the spring of 2000 when Mr. Hong went to Beijing and did the exercises at Tiananmen Square, he was detained in the basement of the Guangdong Provincial Office in Beijing. He also was once detained in a mental hospital, where he was force-fed and given injections daily. He was incarcerated among true psychopathic patients for a month. In May 2000, Mr. Hong was taken to Sanshui Forced Labor Camp. He continued to maintain his belief in Falun Dafa and demanded his right to practice Falun Gong. He and several other practitioners went on a hunger strike in protest. Consequently, he was brutally tortured, confined in a tiny and totally dark room, subjected to electric shocks, and beaten. He suffered severe internal injuries.

At the former 7th Brigade, the guards demanded that Mr. Hong pledge in writing that he would renounce Falun Gong. If not, they threatened to use two or three electric batons with more than ten thousand volts to shock him for over ten hours daily. Hong Haoyuan could no longer endure the torture and wrote the pledge against his will. In the second half of 2001, Mr. Hong practiced the exercises openly in the former 9th Brigade (it is now the 3rd Brigade of the No. 1 Branch Camp) and was beaten by guards with a bench. The bench broke apart, and his internal organs were severely injured. Before Mr. Hong was taken to Sanshui Forced Labor Camp, he was young, handsome, strong and healthy. After he returned home, he was skinny, emaciated and near death. His relatives, friends, and neighbors did not even recognize him. Because of the torture and severe injuries, Hong Haoyuan died in the early morning on January 5, 2003.

2) Mr. Gao Xianmin, 41, was a teacher at Guangzhou City Jinan University. On New Year's Day 2000, eleven practitioners from the Tianhe District in Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province, had a picnic in Tianhe Park. They were arrested and detained in the Tianhe and Tangxia Detention Center. The practitioners went on a hunger strike and were force-fed. Guard Zhu Wenyong ordered four criminal inmates to stand on a practitioner's limbs while other inmates forced the practitioner's mouth open with a toothbrush. Then they poured a whole packet (500 grams) of salt into a bottle, mixed it with only a little water, and force-fed Mr. Gao with this concoction. One of the female practitioners was once force-fed with two packets of salt. She could not move afterwards, remained unconscious for several days and nights, and lost control of her bowels and bladder. In the beginning when they force-fed Mr. Gao, one of the inmates witnessing the scene became frightened and fainted. Guard Zhu Wenyong had the prisoner removed and replaced him with another one to continue the force-feeding. Salt was poured into him before it was dissolved, and Mr. Gao lost consciousness on the spot. Several days later, Mr. Gao suddenly went into coma in the afternoon of January 17, 2000. He was taken to the hospital emergency room, but died as a result of the brutal force-feeding.

3) Mr. Lai Zhijun was the director of the Peoples' Congress in Fenggang Town, Dongwan City, Guangdong Province. Because he steadfastly practiced Falun Gong, he was detained at Dongwan Detention Center. He persisted in doing the exercises during his detention. On March 29, 2000, Mr. Lai was taken to Sanshui Forced Labor Camp. Four to five days later, he was tortured to death.

4) Mr. Chen Chengyong, 35, lived in the Haizhu District of Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, where he was an electrician at the Guangzhou Paper Manufacturing Corporation. Because he went to Beijing many times to appeal for Falun Gong, he lost his job. In January 2000, because Mr. Chen practiced Falun Gong publicly, he was detained in Guangzhou for 15 days and then for another three weeks in July 2000. He was also detained for one day in Beijing for unfurling a Falun Gong banner on Tiananmen Square. Because he refused to give up Falun Gong, Chen Chengyong was taken to the Guangzhou brainwashing center and suffered inhuman torment. On July 21, 2001, news spread that Mr. Chen Chengyong had died in a hut. As of now, his cause of death is unknown. We only know that the police arrested him at his home without cause. When his body was found in a hut, it already was in the last stages of decomposition. Mr. Chen's elder sister, also a practitioner, went to identify him but was taken to a brainwashing center. Because she refused to give up the practice, police sentenced her to two years of forced labor in August, disregarding the fact that her younger brother had just passed away. Mr. Chen's father could not bear the shock of losing a beloved son and having his daughter sentenced to forced labor. He died in September 2001. Mr. Chen's wife, Dai Zhizhen, an Australian citizen, wanted to come to China to get her husband's ashes, but officials at the Chinese Consulate in Sydney refused to grant her a visa. Eight months later, with the help of the Australian government, Mr. Chen Chengyong's ashes arrived in Australia.

5) Ms. Luo Zhixiang, 29, was an engineer in the Nongken Industry Corporation design office in Guangdong Province. On November 22, 2002, Ms. Luo was arrested by the 610 Office staff and taken to the Huangpu Drug Rehabilitation Center for brainwashing. She went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. Later, she was sent to the Tianhe Chinese Medicine Hospital. She fell from the third floor and passed away on December 4. Mrs. Luo was three months pregnant. Upon hearing the sad news, Ms. Luo's parents-in-law took her one-and-a-half-year-old daughter to Guangzhou City. Her elder brother and sister also went with them. They asked for justice at the local police station and the 610 Office. They asked for an explanation and requested an autopsy to find the cause of death. They asked for financial compensation, but all their requests were refused. Staff from the local police station and the 610 Office urged the family members to have the body cremated. The family members insisted that they did not have the autority to sign and that her husband should sign the authorization for cremation. Ms. Luo's husband, Huang Guohua, was sentenced and detained at Chini Forced Labor Camp for two years for distributing Falun Gong truth-clarification materials. They did not allow him to see his wife one last time. Her body remained in the funeral parlor. Her family went to appeal but were not given any response, and they were even thrown out of the hotel where they were staying in Guangzhou. Two elderly grandparents are having to support a very young child, because the child's father is imprisoned in a forced labor camp, and the mother died.

6) Ms. Li Xiaojin, in her 30s, was a teacher at the University of Guangzhou. On the night of June 27, 2002, she was taken to Guangzhou City's Huangpu Drug Rehabilitation Center by the authorities and tortured to death the following day. A day later, half an hour after supper, an ambulance arrived at the Drug Rehabilitation Center. Many police officers also arrived at the brainwashing center. They took all the practitioners to a meeting room in the brainwashing center to watch television, forbidding anyone to leave the room. Then they blocked the entrance to the room where Ms. Li was staying and took photos inside the room. The ambulance did not leave until after 7:00 p.m. and the police left after 11:00 p.m. A few days later, the head of the local 610 Office told several practitioners that Ms. Li Xiaojin had died.

7) Ms. Wu Jingfang, 51, was a practitioner from Jieyang City, Guangdong Province. She was arrested on March 31, 2002, and detained at Jieyang City No. 2 Detention Center. She was killed by torture in less than ten days, and secretly cremated.

After 1:00 a.m. on January 22, 2001, the local police arrested Ms. Wu at home and took her to the county detention center without any due process. On September 21, 2001, she was taken to the brainwashing center. Ms. Wu did not comply with the authorities' unreasonable demands and became homeless after leaving the brainwashing center on December 27. On March 31, 2002, she was again arrested at a rental place and detained at Jieyang City No. 2 Detention Center. Ms. Wu went on a hunger strike but was tortured to death and her body was secretly cremated on April 11. Afterwards, the detention center feared being held responsible and took corrective action.

8) Mr. Li Liang, 45, lived in Nansheng, Maoming City, and worked at Maoming City Human Resources Bureau. He began to practice Falun Gong in 1998, and his chronic Hepatitis B was cured. On May 30, 2003, Peng Jian, Yang Weijie, Wu Ke, Li Bin from the Maoming City 610 Office and Yao Kangxin from Maoming City Human Resources Bureau broke into Mr. Li's home, arrested him, ransacked his home, and took him to Maoming Detention Center. Because Mr. Li refused to give up the practice, he was taken to Sanshui Forced Labor Camp. He was not allowed to study and practice the Falun Gong exercises. His lower limbs swelled severely from the torture he experienced. Mr. Li was taken to a hospital for emergency treatment and died on November 26, 2003.

9) Officers of the Jinsha Police Station arrested Mr. Chen Duo, 54, a practitioner from Shantou City, Guangdong Province, on May 15, 2003. On May 26, he was taken to the Shantou City Detention Center, where he was brutally beaten. Mr. Chen went on a hunger strike to protest his illegal detention, and the police reacted with even more brutal torture. He passed out three times from the vicious beating and was sent to the Tuopu Hospital for emergency treatment. On June 5, realizing that Mr. Chen was dying, the police asked his family to take him home. On June 9, 2003, Mr. Chen Duo passed away due to severe injuries from the torture. Learning of his death, the police confiscated the body, with the excuse of looking for the cause of death (actually they wanted to destroy the body and evidence). After the death of Mr. Chen Duo caused by Tuopu Detention Center (i.e. Shantou City Detention Center) was exposed on the Minghui/Clearwisdom website, the relevant authorities and officials of Shantou threatened his family instead of punishing the murderers.

10) Mr. Wang Shubin, 28, was from Waisha Town, Shantou City, Guangdong Province. He went to Beijing to validate Dafa in June 2000 and was arrested en route. During the two days it took for the police to escort him back to the local Waisha Police Station, he was tortured and interrogated day and night. More than a dozen policemen beat him simultaneously. One policeman stabbed his neck with a toothpick. They stomped on his chest, causing swelling inside and outside. Mr. Wang's blood was all over the ground. His wounds never healed completely, even after two years. Mr. Wang was later detained at Baisha and Chenghai City Detention Center, taken to Sansui Forced Labor Camp in October 2001, and sentenced to one year of forced labor. Another four months were added to his sentence.

In the forced labor camp, the guards forced Mr. Wang Shubin into a position called "flying the airplane." They exposed him to the hot sun in this position for a long time. At night he was locked in a cell and electrically shocked with several batons and beaten at the same time. The authorities claimed that they could "Make you helpless, no matter who you called on, the god in the heavens or the lord under ground." After a few months of high-pressure torture, Mr. Wang suffered a mental collapse. In order to brainwash him, the guards at Sanshui Forced Labor Camp took him to a hospital in Foshan City several times and injected him with unknown drugs. He was exposed to the sun at noon and not given any bed covers during the night. He refused to accept the clothes and quilt cover sent by his family members. They also soaked him in the rain on rainy days. His body was so abused that he became unrecognizable. His weight decreased by more than 35 kilograms (77 pounds). Even as they were brutally persecuting Mr. Wang, the labor camp guards extorted money from his family by threatening to kill their son. They tortured him and then took him home when he was near death. They sent local 610 Office staff to monitor him. Mr. Wang Shubin's mental and physical suffering cannot be described in human language. He died on October 5, 2004, at the age of 28.

People who have clearly understand the situation of Falun Gong have said that, during the six years of brutal persecution, practitioners have not betrayed their conscience or belief and have not answered violence with violence. Instead, they have peacefully and rationally told people the facts. Practitioners have selflessly suffered the persecution, led upright and noble lives, and helped innumerable people to be saved. They have safeguarded the truth, worked for justice, and given humankind the chance to return to "Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance." Dafa practitioners have given humans the opportunity to have a wonderful future. They are truly saving people.

Friends, please tell your relatives and neighbors the truth about Falun Gong. This is truly important for them. Please say "No!" to the evil lies and the persecution. When everyone rejects the lies, they will disappear in the light of the sun, and together, we will create a wonderful and bright future.