Part 1: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2005/11/30/67410.html

Below is what happened at Xuzhou Mental Hospital in Jiangsu Province according to Falun Gong practitioners (from an article published on Clearwisdom.net in 2001):

Practitioners were tied to beds, given injections and force-fed unknown drugs. Medical staff members injected large dosages of unknown drugs. Immediately after the injections, we would lose consciousness. After some time, we regained consciousness, and then the medical staff would untie the ropes (used to restrain us). When the drugs took effect, it felt very painful, as if our internal organs were being torn apart. We would roll on the floor screaming with pain. After we regained consciousness, we would question the medical staff, "Why did you inject us and feed these drugs to us when we are not sick??" They answered shamefully, "It is not up to us. The people at the top instructed us to do so. We don't want to treat you like this, but we don't want to lose our jobs either." They also said, "You will not die from these drugs. They will only cause you great pain. If you stop practicing Falun Gong, we can stop giving you the drugs. We also strongly advise you: 'Do not leave the hospital on your own. If we don't gradually reduce the dosage, you will either go crazy or die. Even if you run away, people will treat you as an insane person and send you back here. The pain from the withdrawal of this drug is very scary and hard to imagine...'" The mental hospital separated the female practitioners from each other and locked them up with male mental patients.

One day a practitioner put her legs into the full lotus position while sitting on a chair. The head of the hospital came over and said viciously, "Are you still practicing Falun Gong? We will increase the dosage until you're neither dead nor alive. See if you still practice then!"

Tortures like this are still happening in mental hospitals in China.

The Persecutors Continue Their Criminal Activities in Contradiction to International Public Condemnation. In 2005, At Least 53 Practitioners were Tortured with Unknown Drugs, and 10 of them Died

According to information gathered from the Minghui website (the Chinese version of Clearwisdom.net), at least 53 practitioners have been were disabled or killed by unknown drugs: ten practitioners died between January 2005 and October 2005. The practitioners who died are: Wu Chunlong and Yao Guoxiu from Heilongjiang Province; Song Wenmin and Han Junmiao from Hebei Province; Zhang Yunlan and Yu Aiping from Hunan Province; Lin Feng from Sichuan Province; Yu Huiqin from Beijing; Li Limao from Shanghai and Li Peiyi from Anhui Province. The practitioners' ages ranged from 30 to 68, and seven of them were women.

The aforementioned statistics do not include practitioners mentioned in other reports.

In the article, "Latest News from China - January 22, 2005" posted on Clearwisdom.net, the following story was reported:

[Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Exposing the Brutal Torture Methods Used on Practitioners in the Dalian Brainwashing Center

On the second floor of the Dalian Emergency Rescue Center Number 3 Building, the medical staff's injections of unknown drugs into practitioners stopped only when there were no more useable veins. They frequently took blood samples and constantly injected saline solution into practitioners. The hospital staff seemed to be experimenting on practitioners.

The Minghui website reported on February 24, 2005:

Jiamusi Forced Labor Camp escalated its persecution of practitioners - the staff put unknown drugs in practitioners' food and water. They also injected poisonous drugs into practitioners' bodies, causing stomach pain and diarrhea, and practitioners were forbidden to use the restrooms. Some practitioners were forced to defecate in their pants.

Minghui reported on March 23, 2005:

Dafa Practitioners Injected With Unknown Drugs in Xi'an Ankang Hospital

Xi'an Ankang Hospital is a labor camp hospital under the jurisdiction of the public security and legislative branches. It is not a place for healing, but rather an evil place where practitioners are tortured. Many practitioners who have gone on hunger strikes are sent there for further persecution. Practitioners who were clear-headed when they arrived were injected with unknown drugs used to treat mental illness. Afterwards, practitioners' minds became unclear and they drooled uncontrollably. At present, there are three practitioners still being tortured there.

Minghui reported on April 5, 2005:

Violence in the Xinjin Brainwashing Class in Chengdu City, Sichuan Province: Injecting Poison, Brutal Force Feeding

If such attempts failed and they could not achieve their goal, the villains would then inject the practitioner [with unknown drugs]. They tortured practitioners by injecting drugs that damage the central nervous system. Practitioners were rendered unconscious and unable to focus. This treatment was intended to keep practitioners from practicing Falun Gong. Practitioner Tan Shaolan, who was imprisoned in the brainwashing center for one year and three months, was injected with unknown drugs. When she was released on January 5, 2005, she was in a constant daze, couldn't recognize people, and could no longer read. There were several practitioners detained in the Xinjin Brainwashing Class who were treated just like Tan Shaolan and are now mentally disoriented.

Minghui reported on August 10, 2005:

[Liaoning Province] More than 100 Falun Dafa Practitioners on Hunger Strike at Masanjia Forced Labor Camp

More than 100 Falun Dafa practitioners at Division 1 of Masanjia Forced Labor Camp have been on a group hunger strike since July 1, 2005, to protest their being illegally detained and tortured. The labor camp authorities do not allow the practitioners to meet with their families and block all information about the persecution from the outside world. The guards force-feed practitioners, detain them in solitary confinement cells, shock them with electric batons and inject them with unknown drugs. The practitioners are currently suffering under very difficult conditions.

Minghui reported on September 15, 2005:

Since Zeng Qinghong's visit to Xinjiang Autonomous Region the persecution of practitioners in the region escalated. In the Nanshan Brainwashing Center, drugs that destroy the central nervous system are injected into practitioners. This information has been confirmed by another Chinese Communist Party (CCP) agency. The perpetrators have arrested over 10 practitioners and sent them to Nanshan Brainwashing Center since August 9, 2005.

Minghui reported on October 8, 2005:

The Shengli Hospital "Mental Health Center" Persecutes Falun Gong Practitioners

The Shengli Oil Field's on-site 610 Office directed its affiliates, the Oil & Gas Gathering Company, the Logging Company and the Education Institute, to arrest five Falun Gong practitioners, including Jiang Haisong and Li Xiaodong, and take them to the "Mental Health Center" building of Shengli Hospital for "treatment." The doctors and nurses there have forcibly injected the Falun Gong practitioners with unknown drugs. If the practitioners refuse the drugs, they are shocked with electric batons.

Several Cases Occurred in 2005 in which Practitioners Were Disabled or Killed by Unknown Drugs

1. Ms. Ma Guizhen, in Her 60s, from Changyi City, Shandong Province, is Paralyzed from the Waist Down Due to Persecution

On the afternoon of January 17, the head of the 610 Office, Chen Xiaodong, and police from the Weizi Police Station arrested Ms. Ma Guizhen, a Falun Dafa practitioner from Changyi City, Shandong Province. They forced her into a car and then arrested another practitioner named Yu Shenghuo. Both were taken to the Wangcun Forced Labor Camp. From January 18-20, the guards ordered inmates to brainwash Ms. Ma. However, she did not listen to their lies and twisted logic. On the fourth day of her detainment, the camp gave her another physical exam and used the excuse of her being ill to give her medication. When she refused to cooperate, she was forcefully pushed to the ground and given an injection. Since then, they continued to inject her with an unknown drug daily. Several days later, Ms. Ma began to feel weak and tired. She lost sensation in her lower body, hands, and feet. Then the labor camp sent her to the hospital. From January 28-30, they continued to give her injections and an IV. Ma Guizhen had been paralyzed for several days. After the camp realized that Ms. Ma couldn't take care of herself anymore, they notified her family on January 30. They asked her family to pay 1,000 yuan for her release. Her family members were shocked to see her in such horrible condition after only a few days and carried her home in despair.

2. Hunan Practitioner Ms. Zhang Yunlan Dies after Long-Term Persecution

Ms. Zhang Yunlan, 52 years old, was a practitioner in Jinpan Village, Yonghe Town, Liuyang City, Hunan Province. In February 2004, while distributing truth clarification materials in her hometown of Liuyang City, people who were deceived by slanderous propaganda reported her to the authorities and she was illegally arrested. She was imprisoned at the Baxianqiao Detention Center in Liuyang City. On February 20, Ms. Zhang was moved to the Baimalong Forced Labor Camp in Zhuzhong City and sentenced to two years of imprisonment.

Due to her perseverance in Falun Gong's teachings of "Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance," Ms. Zhang suffered extremely cruel torture, which was reported on the Clearwisdom website on August 3, 2005. She was forced to stand upright for 35 days, denied sleep, walking, or anything to lean on for support. As a result, her thighs and calves became severely swollen. During those 35 days, Ms. Zhang only slept three nights, and her endurance was stretched to the limit.

When the Baimalong Forced Labor Camp guards force-feed practitioners who go on hunger strikes to protest the persecution, they often add nerve-damaging drugs to the food or inject drugs into the victims' bodies, causing them to become mentally disoriented, lose consciousness, become blind, or no longer able to stand or walk. After two years of torture at the Baimalong Forced Labor Camp, Zou Wenyu from Pingjiang County, Yueyang City, could not recognize anyone, and Zou Ruxiang also suffered serious memory loss and walked sideways after being released.

Ms. Zhang Yunlan also went on hunger strikes to protest the persecution. The prison police force-fed her so brutally that she became mentally disoriented. She was released on April 30, 2005. After returning home, the 610 Office forced her son to spy on her and torture her. Finally, in October 2005, Ms. Zhang Yunlan was knocked down and killed by a car while out alone.

After Ms. Zhang's death, instead of expressing remorse for their heinous deeds, the Yueyang 610 Office began releasing propaganda that Zhang Yunlan had died as a result of practicing Falun Gong, a blatant attempt to instigate hatred toward Falun Gong. On one occasion, an older lady who had known Zhang Yunlan encountered a group of people who had been manipulated by the lies talking about the deceased practitioner. She stood up and said, "What you are saying is wrong. Before Zhang Yunlan was imprisoned, she had a very healthy body, she was very amiable, and she conducted herself elegantly and dressed neatly. By the time she was released from the labor camp, she had lost her sanity. The labor camp was responsible for her problems." After listening to her words, the crowd realized that the authorities had been maliciously slandering Falun Gong.

3. Practitioner Wu Chunlong Tortured to Death

Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Wu Chunlong from Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province, was tortured in Jiamusi City Labor Camp until he was near death. He was completely emaciated, was unable to think clearly, and could not speak when he was sent home on April 30, 2005. His condition gradually improved under the care of his family, but police from the Songlin Station monitored him closely. They constantly threatened and harassed Mr. Wu Chunlong. He died August 20, 2005, at the age of 30.

Mr. Wu was sentenced to three years of forced labor on November 3, 1999, and was tortured severely at Jiamusi City Labor Camp. He was forced to suffer the inhuman torture known as the tiger bench for seven days at the end of November 2001. On November 11, 2003, policeman An Quanyi (male) from Yingjun Station arrested him and had him sentenced for the second time to three years of forced labor.

Mr. Wu Chunlong was brutally tortured by prison guards Liu Hongguang (male), Yang Chunlong (male) and others. Mr. Wu went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution, and he was then force-fed and injected with unknown drugs. He fainted on and off a few days later, was incontinent and lost control of his bowels. Seven to eight days after he was force-fed, he lost all feeling from his lower back to his knees. He was unable to move his legs; his chest was cold, his mind blurry, he was physically emaciated and dying. The guards, however, continued torturing him even as he was dying. One time the guards dragged Mr. Wu to the washroom and doused him with cold water to wake him up before dragging him back to his cell. Another time he awoke with a shock in extreme pain, and he saw prisoner Wang Fu (male) was digging into his left collarbone with his hand.

Because Mr. Wu would often shout, "Falun Dafa is good," prisoner Wang Fu was encouraged by the guards to gag him with a towel contaminated with feces. Mr. Wu would often awaken with a dirty towel stuffed in his mouth.

The labor camp was concerned about being held responsible for Mr. Wu Chunlong's death. On April 30, 2005, guards Yang Chunlong (male) and Diao Yukun (gender unknown) sent him home in a taxi. Before allowing his family to see him, they deceived Mr. Wu's father into signing a statement that the family would assume full responsibility for Mr. Wu. They also tried to extort five thousand yuan from the family, but Mr. Wu's father had no money to give them. In the end he had to borrow three hundred yuan to give the guards.

One week before Mr. Wu Chunlong died.

On August 20, 2005, 2 a.m., Mr. Wu Chunlong died.

On August 20, 2005, 2 a.m., Mr. Wu Chunlong died.

Mr. Wu Chunlong was emaciated from the torture he suffered

When Mr. Wu Chunlong returned home, he was nothing but skin and bones. He couldn't sit or stand up straight, he couldn't think clearly, he had no facial expression and could not recognize his own father. His face was very pale, his left side was bigger than the right side, and one eye was very red and swollen as a result of beatings. He could not answer any questions from his friends or family. He appeared to hold no memory, thoughts or reflections. At 2 a.m. on August 20, 2005, Mr. Wu Chunlong passed away from the torture he had endured at the age of only thirty.

4. Dafa practitioner Ms. Lin Feng Died after Receiving an Unknown Injection

Dafa practitioner Lin Feng from Nanchong City, Sichuan Province

Dafa practitioner Ms. Lin Feng lived in the Ninth Group, the Fourth Village, Wufeng Town, Shunqing Section, Nanchong City. On January 31, 2003, when Lin Feng was passing out truth-clarifying materials and clarifying the truth at Mashibu, Shunqing Section, she was arrested by the Beicheng Street Deputy Office of Changzheng Road, Shunqing Section, and police officer Du from the National Security Bureau. She was sent to the National Security Bureau of Shunqing Section and was brutally beaten by the police. The police also ransacked her home and took away her Dafa books and other materials.

After Lin Feng was detained, the Shunqing Section Court sentenced her to three years of forced labor. She was sent to the Longquanyi Women's Forced Labor Camp in Chengdu City in February of 2003 and was detained for more than two years. Lin Feng persisted in her practice of Falun Gong at the forced labor camp and often shouted loudly, "Falun Dafa is good! Zhen-Shan-Ren [Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance] is good!" She also protested the persecution by going on a hunger strike.

During her detention, the perpetrators injected unknown drugs into Ms. Lin and caused her to lose consciousness. After she woke up, she saw a lot of empty bottles that were used for injections. Because of the persecution, Lin Feng's whole body was swollen and she could not even walk. Very clear purple marks were all over her body (sign of extravagated blood). Her life was in great danger.

The hospital examination drew the conclusion that Lin Feng had kidney necrosis and that her life was in danger. But it wasn't until May 18, 2005, that the forced labor camp sent her back to Nanchong City and informed her family to pick her up. At that time, the National Security Police threatened her husband and forced him to sign the letter to pick her up (to absolve the authorities of any liability in Ms. Lin's death). Then the police sent Ms. Lin directly to the Nephrosis Department of the Northern Sichuan Medical College in Nanchong City for medical rescue. They also sent the National Security Police and the 610 Office police to monitor her 24 hours a day.

At that time Li Feng was unconscious. After she woke up, she insisted, "I am not sick. It's the evil authorities that persecuted me like this. This is not the place I should stay. I must get out." About one week later, she left the hospital and went back home to recuperate. The National Security Bureau and the 610 Office then sent Party Secretary Chen Jufang, Village Chief Chen and team leader Wang of the Fourth Village, Wufeng Town to help the police monitor her. They did not allow Lin Feng to go out or to have contact with any other people, and they were especially careful to not allow their persecution of Lin Feng to be revealed to the outside.

Lin Feng exposed how the Chengdu Longquanyi Women's Forced Labor Camp is a den of evil. Practitioners who create truth-clarifying materials were persecuted the most brutally there. The perpetrators dragged the Dafa practitioners in circles on the ground. Their clothes were torn and shredded. The practitioners were bruised, lacerated and they lost consciousness; their blood was spilled all over the ground. The wicked authorities even told Ms. Lin's family, "We used all sorts of torture methods on her, but she still refused to give in. She is too stubborn."

Party Secretary Chen Jufang of the Fourth Village, Wufeng Town, coordinated the brutal persecution of Ms. Lin Feng. He even torments her middle school-aged son, Lei Yu. Chen personally told Lin Feng's mother, "Your grandson (Lei Yu) cannot go to school anymore because his mother is a political offender. I will go to the school and tell the teacher not to register him."

Under the extremely brutal persecution, Dafa practitioner Lin Feng passed away on the morning of July 26, 2005.

5. The Perpetrators Who Killed Ms. Gao Rongrong are Still Committing Crimes

On July 3, 2005, Clearwisdom.net reported the following story:

Falun Dafa practitioners in Shenyang City are issuing an urgent appeal to international humanitarian organizations on behalf of ten Falun Dafa practitioners who have been arrested for rescuing Ms. Gao Rongrong. They are: Ms. Dong Jingzhe, Ms. Zhang Lirong, Ms. Ma Lianxiao, Ms. Dong Jingya, Ms. Sui Hua; Mr. Sun Shiyou, Mr. Liu Qingming, Mr. Feng Gang, Mr. Ma Yuping, and Mr. Wu Junde. Some of the above practitioners have been missing for quite a long time. Ms. Dong Jingzhe is in critical condition from torture.

Ms. Dong Jingzhe is the wife of Mr. Sun Shiyou and the daughter of Ms. Ma Lianxiao. She is 32 years old, an advertising designer, and is now being held at Masanjia Forced Labor Camp without due process. She has been on a hunger strike for more than two months. After she was injected with unknown drugs, her lower limbs became paralyzed and she lost the ability to take care of herself. On June 23, concerned people visited her at Masanjia. The guard who was responsible for Dong Jingzhe said, "Dong Jingzhe can't move now. She can't even open her eyes. She is on a hunger strike."

Ms. Zhang Lirong was taken to the local police station. While there, she was injected with an unknown drug. As a result, she felt ill and became dizzy. She is being detained at Masanjia for further persecution.

Ms. Sui Hua is being held at Masanjia without due process. After police at the local police station injected her with an unknown drug, she suffered great pain in her legs. Ms. Sui can now barely walk.


Despite the fact that the crimes of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) are being exposed and condemned by the international community, the CCP still continues the brutal persecution. The perpetrators simply commit their crimes in a more covert and vicious way, are more furtive and keep tight control over the flow of information.