The following is evidence about the brutal persecution of Dafa practitioners by Yan Zhiyou from the Qiaodong Branch Public Security Bureau in Zhangjiakou City.

On October 24, 2000, a group of thirteen Dafa practitioners from Zhangjiakou City went to Beijing to appeal against the persecution of Falun Gong. They released a flock of doves as a symbol of the peaceful validation of Dafa. However, they were arrested by police from the Qiaodong District Branch Public Security Bureau when they were near Xiahuayuan. Under the direct supervision of Zhangjiakou City Public Security Bureau Chief Li Jingyun, Qiaodong branch Public Security Bureau Chief Yan Zhiyou and his assistant Ma Fuwei directed deputies from the 1st and 3rd vice squad of the Qiaodong Branch Bureau, as well as the subordinates police stations Wuyi, Hongqilou, and Gongyejie, to interrogate, torture, coerce, apply tiger bench torture to, force feed, and deprive sleep from detained Dafa practitioners. After more than 60 days of torture and detention, three practitioners were arrested, awaiting for a trial and sentencing, and six practitioners were sent to the Gaoyang Labor Camp in Baoding City, Hebei Province. The Gaoyang Labor Camp refused to accept these six practitioners because of their extremely frail conditions as a result of the torture. Ma Fuwei bribed the labor camp officials before they finally accepted the practitioners. One practitioner, Ms. Sun Yumei, suffered edema (swollen and bloated body) and was released by the labor camp within a few days. She died in October 2001 because her health had severely deteriorated. Ms. Fang Xiuzhen was released by the labor camp after half a year and was found to have brain cancer. She remains paralyzed to this day.

In April 2002, Qiaodong Branch Bureau Chiefs Yan Zhiyou and Ma Fuwei personally directed the surveillance of a Dafa information distribution site in the city. The Qiaodong branch patrol squad secretly monitored and tracked practitioners in and out of the site. At 6:00am on May 9, 2002, the Qiaodong Branch Bureau 3rd vice squad was dispatched to arrest each practitioner at the distribution site. All equipment, information and personal property, including 5,500 Yuan in cash carried by Ms. Zheng Meiying to be used to pay her child's living expense were stolen and confiscated. Yan Zhiyou and Ma Fuwei tortured practitioners who refused to cooperate with them at the infamous Hongqilou police station, notorious for its brutal torture. This operation earned the Qiaodong Branch Bureau patrol brigade, 3rd vice squad, Ma Fuwei, Xia Dexin, and Liu Jun commendations from the City Public Security Bureau and the City Political and Judicial Committee. Dafa practitioners Wang Fengyi and Liu Zhaohui were sentenced to 7 years in prison. Liu Zhaohong and Zheng Meiying were sentenced to 5 years in prison. Wang Xinyu was sentenced to 3 years in prison. Finally, An Liqing and Zhang Xiaojun were sentenced to labor camps.

On May 10, 2002, under the command of Qiaodong Branch Bureau Chief Yan Zhiyou and assistant Chief Ma Fuwei, deputies from the 3rd vice squad arrested Dafa practitioner couple Wang Xinyu and Zhang Xiaojun when they were visiting another practitioner. After torture, coercion, interrogation, sleep deprivation, electric shocks, and "tiger bench" torture at the Qiaodong Branch Bureau, Wang Xinyu was sent to the Shisanli Detention Center, remaining there up to this day. Zhang Xiaojun was sent to one year of "re-education" through labor at the Gaoyang Labor Camp in Baoding City in August 2002.

On the afternoon of May 10, 2002, police arrested Dafa practitioner Mr. An Liqing, who was driving his car to visit another practitioner. They tied him to the "tiger bench" iron chair at the 3rd vice squad center located at an old milk factory courtyard. During the night, Qiao Yukuan used a meter long chain (used to lock up a motorcycle) to slash An Liqing's feet. They did this until Liqing's feet became so swollen with bruises that he could not even wear shoes. They confiscated his cell phone and 700 Yuan in cash that he had with him. They also ransacked his home and stole items such as Falun Gong exercise tapes. On the evening of May 11, 2002, they transferred him to the Hongqi police station, and tied him to the "tiger bench" iron chair for more than a week. His lower leg swelled to the size of his thigh. The police station chief tortured and interrogated Liqing by savagely beating Liqing with a police baton. Then, they sent him to the Shisanli Detention Center for further detention. On August 16, they transferred him to the Gaoyang Labor Camp in Baoding City and sentenced him to one and half years of "re-education" through labor. Meanwhile, the police stole Liqing's car. After Liqing was released, he went back, asking for his car back. The police demanded that he curse Teacher and Dafa and write an affidavit giving up Falun Gong to get his car back. Ultimately, the police wrecked Liqing's car before they returned it to him. Even then, they still demanded a 3,000 Yuan payment for the car. Liqing's family was fined a total of 5,400 Yuan before they finally received the car, and they paid another 5,000 Yuan to repair it.

On May 16, 2003, another Dafa information distribution site was located and destroyed by the Qiaodong Branch State Security Bureau Brigade and the Qiaodong Laoyazhuang Police Station. Nearly 100,000 Yuan was stolen and more than a dozen Dafa practitioners were arrested. Ms. Yang Yufang, a Dafa practitioner from Dongyaozi Township, Dongyaozi County in the Qiaoxi District, was persecuted to death.

Ms. Yang Yufang, 49, was arrested with another practitioner from their residence near Ningyuanbao in the Qiaodong District on May 16, 2003. They were first detained at the Qiaodong Branch Bureau 3rd vice squad, and after a few days of interrogation they were transferred to the Zhangjiakou Detention Center. Yang Yufang went on a hunger strike to protest the illegal persecution and detention, and suffered tremendously in form of urinating blood, blackened finger and toe nails, and their mental faculties being severely impaired. She could no longer stand up and walk around, and she was in critical condition. However, Yan Zhiyou, deputies of the 3rd vice squad, Zhang City Detention Center Chief Cui Weidong, and prison doctor Liu Shuping ignored the signs of danger from Yang Yufang. They did not care at all about her health. They did not release her or provide medical treatment for her. They continued dragging her into the open courtyard to expose her to the cold during the day, and dragging her back onto the concrete floor to sleep at night. On the 28th day of her hunger strike, Yufang began losing consciousness and groaning in pain during the evening. All that she received was another round of beating by inmates as they dumped cold water over her body. The next morning (June 14), the prison doctor could not detect any blood pressure, as Yufang was on the brink of death. Not until around 11:00 a.m. did the detention center send her to the Number 5 Hospital in Zhangjiakou City. At around 2:00 p.m. on June 16, the Qiaodong District Bureau sent for Yufang's family. They lied to her family members by stating that Yufang was a "leader," and her case was receiving "special attention" at the Communist Party Central Committee. Then they told her family members that Yufang suffered from a life threatening illness and was sent to the hospital, and that they took good care of her. Finally they claimed that Yufang suffered from diabetes, and she died at 12:05 pm on June 16, and her body was sent to the crematorium. Yufang's family was shocked because they knew that Yufang became very healthy after practicing Falun Gong. They knew that she never had diabetes. That evening Yufang's family members demanded to see her body but were refused. They were not granted permission until the next day. They noticed that the right side of Yufang's mouth, her right nostril, and her left ear had blood seepage. The right side of her face had dark patches of bruises. Her right wrist, inner part of her right arm, right kneecap, and lower leg all showed signs of injury. The right side of her back all the way down to her buttock area had large dark patches caused by internal bleeding. Yufang's family was distressed because they could not believe that a once healthy person could be persecuted to death in less than a month. Her family tried to file a lawsuit against the police, but no lawyer dared to take a case involving Falun Gong. The Qiaodong Branch Bureau and the 3rd vice squad did not try to explain what happened.

At around 6 p.m. on May 17, 2003, several other Dafa practitioners were arrested by the Qiaodong Branch State Security Bureau Brigade, the Qiaodong Laoyazhuang Police Station, and the Ningyuanbao Village Public Safety and Security Committee at the temporary residence where practitioners Zhao Wenlan and Yang Yufang lived. The practitioners included Li Jun and Chen Liqing. Chen Ji was also arrested when he visited his sister Chen Liqing. Practitioners Ru Jianbin and Yin Weibing were detained for 7 days before being sent to the Shisanli Detention Center. On May 21, Dafa practitioners Wang Zhong and Zhou Guimei were also arrested at their rented house near Yangjiafen by deputies from the Qiaodong Shengli Street Police Station. They were also sent to the Shisanli Detention Center after 5 days of interrogation. All of them went on hunger strikes to protest the illegal persecution.

Only after Yang Yufang died on June 16 did police release Ms. Zhao Wenlan, Chen Liqing, and Zhou Guimei. However, before she had a chance to recover, Ms. Zhao Wenlan, a practitioner in her 60's, was arrested again from her home at Zhangbei County and sent to the Shisanli Detention Center. The police shocked Zhao Wenlan's face. Her facial was severely disfigured and bled from the shock wounds. The old lady continued to protest the persecution by hunger strike, and her health rapidly deteriorated.

After Chen Liqing was released, the local police returned to harass her, trying to arrest her as soon as her health improved. Chen Liqing was forced to leave her home and remains homeless to this day. Mr. Wang Zhong was sent to a Zhangjiakou brainwashing center, where he was detained for one year and eight months.

On November 28, 2003, the Qiaodong Court started the trial against Dafa practitioners Ms. Zhao Wenlan, Mr. Li Jun, and Mr. Ru Jianbin, intending to further persecute them. Almost 100 Dafa practitioners went to the court to appeal for the release of the practitioners. They yelled, "Falun Dafa is good!" The Qiaodong Branch Bureau sent many undercover policemen to hurt the Dafa practitioners. However, their attempt failed because of the righteous thoughts of the Dafa practitioners, and the trial was postponed. Deputy Yang Dong from the Qiaodong District Bureau 3rd vice squad managed to arrest Dafa practitioners Mr. Li Weisheng and Liu Jianming on his way back. Later, under the instruction of the Qiaodong Branch Bureau, the Wuyi Police Station arrested Dafa practitioner Ms. Wang Lihua. The main culprits of these incidents were Ma Fuwei and Yan Zhiyou.

Toward the end of March 2004, the Qiaodong Branch Bureau, Qiaodong Procuratorate and Court, as well as the Municipal Court secretly sentenced Ru Jianbin to 12 years in prison, Li Jun to 11 years, and Zhao Wenlan to 10 years. After the secret sentences, the deputies were afraid that the prison might not accept these practitioners due to their extremely poor physical conditions, so they took the practitioners to the 251 Hospital, where they performed IV injections before secretly sending them to the Mancheng Prison in Baoding City. They remain there to this day.

When Li Jun was arrested, the police from the Laoyazhuang Police Station ransacked his house. They stole his color TV, cell phone, motorcycle and other property totaling around 70,000 to 80,000 Yuan in value. They took Li Jun and other practitioners to the Zhangjiakou vice squad, cuffed them to the "tiger bench" for 7 days and nights, and detained them at the Shisanli Detention Center in Zhangjiakou City. In the winter of 2003, Li Jun's parents were notified by the court that Li Jun would be sentenced soon. Li Jun's relatives tried to find a lawyer and visit Li Jun at the Shisanli Detention Center, but they were refused. On April 26, 2004, when Li Jun's relatives tried to visit him at the Shisanli Detention Center again, they discovered that Li Jun was secretly transferred to a Tangshan Prison. His relatives went to Tangshan and visited every known prison, but did not find any trace of Li Jun. After continuous efforts, they finally discovered that Li Jun was detained at the Baoding Prison. However, the Baoding Prison guards refused to let his family to visit him.

Before the "Two Congresses" period in 2004, six Dafa practitioners went to appeal for justice for Falun Gong in Beijing and to clarify the truth. Yan Zhiyou and Ma Fuwei immediately sent them for re-education by labor. Within a month, they were sent to the Gaoyang Labor Camp in Baoding City.

Since the persecution started on July 20, 1999, Yan Zhiyou and Ma Fuwei have authorized more than 100 incidents of arrests, detention, sentencing, forced labor, brainwashing and persecution of Dafa practitioners.

Ms. Wang Xiaoming previously suffered from breast cancer and was diagnosed as being in the terminal phase. After surgery in 1988, she tried many different Qigong practices to heal her illness, but none worked. She returned for a second surgery in 1992. Even though she tried almost every traditional Chinese and modern Western cancer medicine, as well as chemotherapy, her cancer worsened. The hospital declared that she could not be cured. She was under severe stress and pain, and had considered suicide several times. Toward the end of 1994, a friend introduced her to Falun Dafa. She rigorously followed the requirements of Dafa, continuously raising her xinxing, working diligently at her job, and being considerate of others. Soon, her breast cancer receded without any treatment. Even the hospital staff thought that it was a miracle.

Facing the persecution by Jiang's regime, Wang Xiaoming was not intimidated into abandoning her faith in Dafa. As a result, she was severely persecuted and tortured. In December 2000, Xiaoming went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong. The police arrested her and took her to the Xuanhua Detention Center in Zhangjiakou City. Yan Zhiyou and Ma Fuwei sentenced her to three years in prison. She was tortured at the Mancheng Prison and released in December 2003. On April 22, 2005, Yan Zhiyou and several other deputies from the Mingdebei police station again arrested Xiaoming, along with five other practitioners. They secretly sentenced Wang Xiaoming to four years in prison. On May 18, the Zhangjiakou Public Security Bureau arrested Xiaoming's son Zhao Jiang, daughter-in-law, and several friends (none of them practiced Falun Gong). Only recently were they allowed to return to work.

On December 23, 2000, Dafa practitioner Ms Wang Fengyi and her 72-year-old mother went to Beijing to validate Dafa. Police in Beijing arrested them and took them to the Tiananmen Police Station. Wang's mother was released that day, but Wang Fengyi was transferred to the Zhaoyang City First Detention Center in Liaoning Province. The police forced Fengyi to curse Teacher and Dafa. They punched and kicked her, and poured cold water all over her body. They told her family after 8 days of detention and torture to come and take her home. When Fengyi's brother came to take her home, he noticed that his sister, who was tortured beyond recognition, was wearing only one shoe. Also, her workplace, the Zhangjiakou Electric Switch Factory, fired her. Her husband was greatly distressed by these events. He began beating Fengyi often, and he kicked her out of their home. Wang Fengyi ended up wandering about homeless. On May 10, 2002, under the orders of Ma Fuwei and Yan Zhiyou, the police arrested Fengyi near her temporary residence after trailing her for many days. She was detained for more than half a month at the Yaojiazhuang police station in Zhangjiakou City. She was deprived of sleep and subjected to brainwashing, and forced to give up practicing Falun Gong. They transferred Fengyi to the Xuanhua Detention Center after she refused to give up practicing Falun Gong. After detaining her for more than a year, they sentenced her to 8 years in prison. Fengyi was transferred to the Mancheng Prison in May 2003, where she has been tortured up to this day. Ma Fuwei, Yan Zhiyou, and another officer each received a 3,000 Yuan bonus because of their effort to destroy the Dafa information distribution sites. Ma Fuwei was promoted to become the Deputy Director of the Public Security Bureau. Wang Fengyi's family was broken apart simply because she wanted to cultivate and become a better person. Her daughter had no one to take care of her, which caused a tremendous mental burden to the little girl and resulting in strange behavior. Fengyi's parents worried so much about their daughter that her father passed away under sadness and stress. Fengyi's brother, sisters and relatives also worried about her, and they suffered under great mental distress.

Wang Guang is the director of Public Security and Safety at Ningyuanbao Village, Qiaodong district, in Zhangjiakou City. For quite some time over the past few years he has ordered his men to carry out surveillance and arrests of Dafa practitioners. They have arrested numerous Dafa practitioners who distributed truth clarification flyers at Ningyuanbao village. The Dafa practitioners were sent to the local police station, where they were further tortured. During the SARS epidemic in 2003, Wang Guang personally directed the surveillance as part of the overall persecution effort, destroying a Dafa information distribution point in Ningyuanbao village. Dafa practitioner Ms Yang Yufang was tortured to death, and many others suffered torture and imprisonment. Wang Guang currently is still aggressively taking part in the persecution of Falun Dafa.

November 12 2005