Zhang Fuzhen was a Falun Gong practitioner from Pingdu City, Shandong Province. In 2001, she was arrested and sent to a brainwashing center to be persecuted. Sun Fuxiang from Hongshan Farm Technology Station was detailed to monitor Zhang Fuzhen. Sun said she witnessed the death of Ms. Zhang, who died in extreme pain.

Sun recalled what happened: "The police stripped Ms. Zhang and shaved her head. They tortured and insulted her. She was tied, spread eagled, on a bed. She had to relieve herself on the bed. Then they injected some unknown poisonous drug into her. As soon as she was injected with the drug, she felt unbearable pain. She struggled as if she were being driven out of her mind, and she died very painfully. The officials from the 610 Office witnessed the entire episode of Ms. Zhang's death."

Ms. Zhang Fuzhen was only 38 years old. She was a Falun Gong practitioner from Pingdu City, Shandong Province. She worked for Xianhe Park.

In the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners by the CCP, we found numerous cases in which poisonous drugs were used on practitioners, resulting in severe impairment or death. The brutalities perpetrated on practitioners are shocking. When I surfed Minghui net (Chinese version of Clearwisdom) with the key words "Unknown Drug" or "Central Nervous System," I found over 800 articles. Over the past 6 years of the persecution, several thousand practitioners were tortured just like Ms. Zhang Fuzhen.

Falun Gong is an advanced cultivation way of the Buddha School. Besides 5 sets of exercises, the emphasis is on cultivating one's mind and heart. The practitioner lives by the principle "Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance," to improve morality and ethical behavior. Falun Gong has a positive impact on society and its people. To date, the practice has spread to over 80 countries and received 1,337 awards from governments and other organizations.

Only in China, a country run by the CCP (Chinese communist Party) dictatorship, could inhuman persecution against the kind and innocent Falun Gong practitioners be sustained.

In May 2004, The World Organization to Investigate the Persecution of Falun Gong (WOIPFG) and China Mental Health Watch, two international human rights organizations, systematically investigated the reports of psychiatric abuse of Falun Gong practitioners by Chinese authorities. The investigation brought to light that during nearly five years of the persecution of Falun Gong, psychiatric abuse of Falun Gong practitioners was a torture tool in 23 provinces, autonomous regions, and municipalities of China. Thousands of practitioners became disabled, mentally ill, or in the most extreme cases, were tortured to death. These tragedies have not abated or slowed down in China, and the suffering continues unchecked.

Teenage Girl from Shandong Province Suffers Mental Collapse from Torture in Xin'an Forced Labor Camp, Beijing

Ms. Guo was born in 1982 in Guojiashangtong Village, Zhanglin Township, Changyi City, Weifang, Shandong Province. From her early childhood, she had been a bright and innocent girl who was highly praised at school for her academic achievements. Witnessing the great changes in her parents and in an acquaintance after they began practicing Falun Gong, she too became a practitioner and experienced many positive changes.

After the Jiang faction launched the persecution against Falun Gong on July 20, 1999, Xuelian's heart was in deep pain and she innocently believed that the tragedy was due to the Party's misunderstanding of Falun Gong. With a sincere heart, the 18-year-old Xuelian went to Beijing to appeal to the government for Falun Gong and to have the good name of Falun Gong's founder restored, in May of 2000. The police arrested her and sent her back to her local area for detention. They extorted 6,000 yuan from her family over the course of her imprisonment (Note: the average monthly income of a Chinese worker is about 500 yuan).

During the national holiday in October of 2000, Xuelian went to Beijing to appeal once again, as Beijing Falun Dafa practitioner Zhao Xin was dying from the police's brutal persecution. Together with her fellow practitioners, Xuelian helped take care of Zhao Xin for weeks. After Zhao died on December 11, 2000, Xuelian started to publicly distribute flyers and to clarify the truth of Dafa and the persecution on the street. A few days later, police officers arrested her and brutally tortured her. The authorities issued an order to imprison her in the Xin'an Female Forced Labor Camp of Daxing County in Beijing.

In the labor camp, the police again brutally tortured her. One day, the authorities forced her and her fellow practitioners to watch TV programs that slandered Falun Dafa. Refusing to cooperate, she stood up and shouted "Falun Dafa is Good!" The police officers rushed at her and knocked her to the ground brutally. Some straddled her body, while others twisted her arms and beat her. Then officer Zhao Lei, together with another officer surnamed Bai, used four electric batons to shock her simultaneously. The electric shock made her bleed from two areas of her head, which later festered and did not heal for two years.

We have learned that the police injected her with an unknown drug and added some unknown drugs to her meals. In as little as a few months, Xuelian suffered a mental collapse under the violent torture and forced drug abuse.

On May 1, 2001, the authorities in the Xin'an Labor Camp told Xuelian's family to take her home. After rushing to the labor camp in Beijing from Shandong Province, her father was stunned to find that his once bright and healthy daughter had become a completely different person. Without any facial expression or eye movement, she stared blankly and didn't speak at all. Her ankles were terribly swollen (perhaps due to shackles), and on the top of her head were two finger-sized areas that had no hair and were covered with bloodstains. Her father simply couldn't believe his eyes. His once lovely daughter was now turned into a stranger. With great sorrow, he questioned an officer surnamed Shi. "Where did the wounds on my daughter's head come from?" Shi lied to him, saying that it was because of a sore.

On the way home from Beijing, Xuelian didn't talk (most likely because the authorities in the Xin'an Labor Camp had injected her with a tranquilizer). As soon as she returned home and finished her meal, however, she started to shout and strip her clothes off. Seeing how the persecution had turned their innocent daughter into such a state, simply because of her appeal for Falun Gong, Xuelian's parents were deeply grieved and couldn't help sobbing. All fellow villagers felt equally distressed.

Three years after she returned home from the forced labor camp, this girl whom the authorities in the labor camp traumatized remains in the same state. She often runs around for no reason. Her speech is still incomprehensible. She often strips off her clothes and bullies or curses others, including her own parents. In tears over such difficult circumstances, her parents have nursed her, holding great sorrow over these past three years. Fellow villagers grieve for her as well.

This incident of how the innocent teenaged Xuelian was treated demonstrates the cruelty and inhumanity of Jiang's regime in the persecution of Falun Gong practitioners. All kind-hearted people, please speak up for justice and reach out to help stop this evil persecution against good people and help prevent innocent children from suffering these violent abuses!

More Examples of Unknown Drugs Causing Practitioners to Become Mentally Disordered

Ms. Wang Dongmei, in her 30's, was a schoolteacher in a town in Wuyi County, Hengshui City, Hebei Province. In 2001, after she was forced to attend a local brainwashing class, she was sent to Division Five of Shijiazhuang Forced Labor Camp. In the labor camp, she suffered all kinds of physical and mental abuse, including rope torture, electric shock torture, sleep deprivation, and long periods of isolation. The police used all kinds of cruel means but, unable to make her betray her belief, they transferred her to a mental hospital to break her will and torture her with improperly administered Psychotropic drugs.

She was later taken home to serve her sentence under house arrest. People immediately noticed that she was in a poor mental state. Her movements were slow, her speech was slurred and she was unresponsive. Her memory was gone. When people asked why she had been sent to the mental hospital, she replied slowly that she had no idea. When asked what she was doing in the hospital, she replied slowly, "Take medicine and get shots." When asked if she was forced to take medicine and injections, she said, "Yes."

Her arms still had the dark purple marks left by the rope torture. Wang Dongmei became mentally unbalanced due to forced administration of drugs. She fell into a pond and, unable to save herself, drowned on March 12, 2004.

Ms. Yu Guizhen, a 55-year-old female Falun Gong practitioner from Chengguan Town, Pingdu City, Shandong Province: Ms. Yu Guizhen's chronic illness disappeared after she had begun practicing Falun Gong. She had become a firm practitioner. When the persecution against Falun Gong began, perpetrators from the 610 Office and from the police department viciously persecuted her many times.

610 Office officials, led by Dai Yugang, came up with a malicious scheme to send Ms. Yu Guizhen to a mental hospital and cause her mental collapse. The perpetrators tricked Yu Guizhen into going to Tonghe Mental Hospital. They tied her up on a bed with her limbs spread out. They force-fed her an unknown drug and injected her with drugs that (when improperly administered) damage the central nervous system. As a result, Yu Guizhen's nervous system suffered great damage, she lost control of her physical functions, her vision became blurred and her mouth became misshapen. She drooled constantly and lost her ability to think rationally. The police eventually released Yu Guizhen, after extorting 10,000 yuan from her family.

After she returned home, Yu Guizhen, who had suffered a mental collapse from the torture and drugs, suffered excruciating pain. One of her legs became paralyzed. Even so, the police often went to her home to ruthlessly harass and threaten the family, and her husband became so scared that he cut off all connections with the outside. On November 13, 2003, Yu Guizhen, who had suffered a complete mental collapse from the persecution so cruelly forced upon her, hanged herself and died.

Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Ju Yajun was a farmer in Yuquan Town, Acheng City, Heilongjiang Province. Mr. Yu, a very kind person, was in good physical condition, and known as a good person throughout Shibali Village. Because he believed in Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance, he was arrested and taken to the Changlinzi Labor Camp. He held a hunger strike to protest the persecution. In the afternoon of October 21, 2001, he was taken to a clinic where he was brutally force-fed and injected with unknown drug(s). Ju Yajun went into a semi-comatose state, but the guards still savagely force-fed him twice a day. As a result, Ju Yajun's neck suddenly became rigid while he was in a semi-comatose state. He was unable to recognize anybody, but kept repeating, "injection, injection." On October 24, 2001, fearing that Ju Yajun would die in the camp, the guards sent him home. Ju Yajun's family took him immediately to the Acheng City Hospital and then to the Harbin City Medical College Hospital for emergency treatment. The treatment efforts failed, and Mr. Ju Yajun died at 4:18 a.m. on October 26, 2001. He was only 33 years old and left behind his father who is in his 70s and a young child.

Falun Dafa practitioner Mr. Wu Chunlong from Jiamusi City, Heilongjiang Province was tortured in the Jiamusi City Labor Camp until he was near death. He was completely emaciated, was unable to think clearly, and could not speak when he was sent home on April 30, 2005. His condition gradually improved with the care of his family, but police from the Songlin Station monitored him closely. They constantly threatened and harassed Mr. Wu Chunlong. He died August 20, 2005, at the age of 30.

He was first sentenced to three years at forced labor on November 3, 1999, and was tortured severely at Jiamusi City Labor Camp. He was forced to suffer the inhuman torture known as the tiger bench for seven days at the end of November 2001. On November 11, 2003, policeman An Quanyi (male) from Yingjun Station arrested him and had him sentenced for the second time to three years forced labor.

Mr. Wu Chunlong was brutally tortured by prison guards Liu Hongguang (male), Yang Chunlong (male) and others. Mr. Wu went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution, and he was then force-fed and injected with unknown drugs. He fainted on and off a few days later, was incontinent and lost control of his bowels. Seven to eight days after he was force-fed, he lost all feeling from his lower back to his knees. He was unable to move his legs, his chest was cold, his mind blurry, he was physically emaciated and dying. The guards, however, continued torturing him even as he was dying. One time Mr. Wu suddenly woke up, as the guards dragged him back to the washroom and doused him with cold water, then dragged him back to his cell. Another time he awoke with a shock in extreme pain, and he saw prisoner Wang Fu (male) digging into his left collarbone with his hand.

Because Mr. Wu would often shout, "Falun Dafa is good," prisoner Wang Fu was encouraged by the guards to gag him with a towel contaminated with feces. Mr. Wu often would awake with a dirty towel stuffed in his mouth.

The Labor Camp was concerned about being held responsible for Mr. Wu Chunlong's death. On April 30, 2005, guards Yang Chunlong (male) and Diao Yukun (gender unknown) sent him home in a taxi. Before allowing his family to see him, they deceived Mr. Wu's father into signing a statement that the family would assume full responsibility for Mr. Wu. They also tried to extort five thousand yuan from the family, but Mr. Wu's father had no money to give them. In the end he had to borrow three hundred yuan to give the guards.

One week before Mr. Wu Chunlong died.

On August 20, 2005, 2 a.m., Mr. Wu Chunlong died.

On August 20, 2005, 2 a.m., Mr. Wu Chunlong died.

Mr. Wu Chunlong was emaciated from the torture he suffered.

When Mr. Wu Chunlong returned home, he was nothing but skin and bones. He couldn't sit or stand up straight, he couldn't think clearly, he had no facial expression and could not recognize his own father. His face was very pale, his left side bigger than the right side, and one eye was very red and swollen as a result of beatings. He could not answer any questions from his friends or family. He appeared to hold no memory, thoughts or reflections. At 2 a.m. on August 20, 2005, Mr. Wu Chunlong passed away from the torture he had endured at the age of only thirty.

Dafa practitioner Ms. Lin Feng Died after Receiving an Unknown Injection

Dafa practitioner Lin Feng from Nanchong City, Sichuan Province

Dafa practitioner Ms. Lin Feng lived in the Ninth Group, the Fourth Village, Wufeng Town, Shunqing Section, Nanchong City. On January 31, 2003, when Lin Feng was sending truth-clarifying materials and clarifying the truth at Mashibu, Shunqing Section, she was arrested by the Beicheng Street Deputy Office of Changzheng Road, Shunqing Section, and police officer Du from the National Security Bureau. She was sent to the National Security Bureau of Shunqing Section and was brutally beaten by the police. The police also ransacked her home and took away her Dafa books and materials.

After Lin Feng was detained, the Shunqing Section Court sentenced her to three years of forced labor. She was sent to the Longquanyi Women's Forced Labor Camp in Chengdu City in February of 2003 and was detained for more than two years. Lin Feng persisted in her practice of Falun Gong at the forced labor camp and often shouted loudly, "Falun Dafa is good! Zhen-Shan-Ren [Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance] is good!" She also protested the persecution by going on a hunger strike.

During her detention, the perpetrators injected unknown drugs into Ms. Lin and caused her to go into a coma. After she woke up, she saw a lot of empty bottles that were used for injections. Because of the persecution, Lin Feng's whole body was swollen and she could not even walk. Very clear purple marks were all over her body (sign of extravagated blood). Her life was in great danger.

The hospital examination drew the conclusion that Lin Feng had kidney necrosis and that her life was in danger. But it wasn't until May 18, 2005, that the forced labor camp sent her back to Nanchong City and informed her family to pick her up. At that time, the National Security Police threatened her husband and forced him to sign the letter to pick her up (to absolve the authorities of any liability in Ms. Lin's death). Then the police sent her directly to the Nephrosis Department of the Northern Sichuan Medical College in Nanchong City for medical rescue. They also sent the National Security Police and the 610 Office police to monitor her 24 hours a day.

At that time Li Feng was in a coma. After she woke up, she insisted, "I am not sick. It's the evil that persecuted me like this. This is not the place I should stay. I must get out." About one week later, she left the hospital and went back home to recuperate. The National Security Bureau and the 610 Office then sent Party Secretary Chen Jufang, Village Chief Chen and team leader Wang of the Fourth Village, Wufeng Town to help the police monitor her. They did not allow Lin Feng to go out, to have contact with any other people, and they were especially careful to not allow their persecution of Lin Feng to be revealed to the outside.

When Lin Feng was out of the coma, she exposed how the Chengdu Longquanyi Women's Forced Labor Camp is a den of evil. Practitioners who create truth-clarifying materials were persecuted the most brutally there. The perpetrators dragged the Dafa practitioners in circles on the ground. Their clothes were torn and shredded. The practitioners were bruised, lacerated and they lost consciousness, with their blood all over the ground. The wicked authorities even told Ms. Lin's family, "We used all sorts of torture methods on her, but she still refused to give in. She is too stubborn."

Party Secretary Chen Jufang of the Fourth Village, Wufeng Town, coordinated the brutal persecution of Ms. Lin Feng. He even torments her middle school-aged son, Lei Yu. Chen personally told Lin Feng's mother, "Your grandson (Lei Yu) cannot go to school anymore because his mother is a political offender. I will go to the school and tell the teacher not to register him."

Under the extremely brutal persecution, Dafa practitioner Lin Feng passed away on the morning of July 26, 2005.

The Murder of Zhang Fangliang - Former Honest and Incorruptible Vice County Magistrate of Rongchang County, Chongqing City, Sichuan Province

Dafa practitioner Zhang Fangliang Death certificate issued by the People's Hospital of Rongchang County

Dafa practitioner Zhang Fangliang

Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Zhang Fangliang, 48, lived in Rongchang in Chongqing City, Sichuan Province. He became the Vice County Magistrate at the end of 1997. Zhang Fangliang started practicing Falun Gong in early 1998. As a practitioner, he took fame and personal interests lightly, and was righteous, honest and incorruptible. He had a very good reputation and received much praise.

On October 6, 2001, he was caught while delivering Dafa truth-clarifying materials in Tongliang county town, Chongqing City. He was initially illegally detained at the Chongqing police station at the beginning, and then transferred to the detention center in Tongliang county town. Even though he was brutally persecuted in mind and body, he still clarified the truth and exposed the evil actions of Jiang's regime to everyone he met. In June 2002, the authorities escalated their persecution against him, he suffered brutal torture and could not write. After reading the letter that he asked someone to write and deliver for him, his family felt there that it was possible that he could die from the torture and abuse. So, they rushed to the Tongliang detention center on July 3. His family members were finally allowed to see him, after he had been in detention for more than eight months, given their strong insistence. Four criminals in the detention center carried Zhang Fangliang. His limbs were swollen, he could not stand straight and move freely, and he could not write, but his mind was clear, and he spoke loudly. His family requested his release on medical emergency to his poor condition and inability to take care of himself. They insisted their request be approved. Liu Anxue, the Vice Politics and Law Entrustment Secretary of Tongliang county said: "We have phoned the city office and reported his situation, and they are waiting for our report in writing." On July 8, Zhang's family member again went to the politics and law entrustment office in Tongliang county and waited for the reply, but discovered that Zhang Fangliang had already been transferred to Tongliang's county hospital. Zhang had been badly tortured. They had put handcuffs on him and injected an unknown drug into his body against his will. When his family members arrived at the hospital, Zhang was incoherent, and could not recognize anyone, not even his wife. Seeing him in such a broken condition, his wife sadly and angrily said to the staff of Tongliang county's 610 Office: "If anything goes wrong with my husband, you will be held responsible." The 610 Office staff quickly pulled out the intravenous medication drip needle and insisted that Zhang's family take him home.

After Zhang Fangliang arrived home, his mind temporarily became clear and he could recognize his family. However, he could hardly breathe or talk, and had loud ringing in his ears. When his family found his breathing becoming more difficult, they took him to Rongchang People's hospital around 11 pm on the same night. At 7 am next day (July 9, 2002), Zhang Fangliang slowly stopped breathing.

His wife was extremely upset, and she described the details to Li Qisong, the county magistrate of Rongchang county, asking him for justice and for this matter to be investigated. His reply was: "We cannot take any cases related to Falun Gong."

Female Practitioner, Lu Hongfeng, Was Tortured to Death by the Local Mental Hospital and Her Husband

The image

Dafa practitioner Lu Hongfeng

A former vice-principal of the No. 1 Elementary School of Lingwu City, Ningxia Province, Lu Hongfeng, thirty seven years old, was sent to the local mental hospital against her will since she insisted on speaking the truth about Falun Gong. She passed away on September 6, 2000 after being severely tortured through forcible high dose injections of powerful drugs used on mentally ill patients. Lu Hongfeng was completely mentally healthy.

For speaking out about the truth of Falun Gong, local officials persecuted her illegally. The city education bureau also fired her. During the period of the "Two Meetings" [the meeting of national people's congress and the meeting of political consultation] she signed an open letter to the People's Congress, urging for an end to the persecution of Falun Gong. As a result, the No. 1 Elementary School dismissed her from her vice-principal position.

Her husband Qin Yuhuan (Secretary General of the Communist Party Committee of No. 1 Construction Company in Lingwu City) sided against his wife, and participated in actively persecuting Lu Hongfeng. On May 6, 2000, he beat Lu and kicked her out of their home. Lu Hongfeng continued to clarify the truth of Falun Gong to the people and kept safeguarding Dafa even though she was homeless. Her husband, Qin Yuhuan, became even angrier. [Note: under Jiang Zemin's current "implication" system, many families are being broken up as non-practitioners fear the repercussions of being associated with practitioners and thus become persecuted themselves] On June 7th, he committed Lu to the Lingwu Mental Hospital with help from Dong Yun, the director of the In-patient Department of Lingwu Mental Hospital. Tao Zhijun, a nurse from the same hospital also helped to incarcerate Lu.

They persecuted Lu brutally for more than fifty days. During this period, they tied Lu Hongfeng to the bed. They injected and force-fed her with large doses of drugs that can be damaging to the central nervous system. According to a doctor with the surname of Yong, Lu was forced to take twenty-four tablets of a drug imported from Germany. This drug will cause ordinary people to lose consciousness for three days with only one tablet. Fifty days of such inhumane torture drove Lu to become mentally traumatized. She was in an extremely weak state. At the end of July, Lu was brought home. Qin Yuhuan did not relax his efforts in torturing Lu Hongfeng. In addition to forcing Lu to take large amounts of drugs that were damaging to the nervous system, he tortured Lu both physically and mentally. Lu passed away on September 6th, 2000.

Qin Yuhuan, became an accomplice in persecuting Falun Dafa and murdering Dafa practitioners. He did not show any regret at all. Instead, he attacked Falun Gong even more viciously in the newspaper and on the TV. News of Lu's death was blocked. Instead, there was an attempt to slander Dafa viciously after Lu was murdered.

Tai'an City Police Inject Three Female Practitioners with Nerve-Damaging Drugs

Policemen from Tai'an City Police Department abducted Falun Dafa practitioners Ms. Song Furong, Ms. Song Qi'ai, and Ms. Qu Beibei. They were tortured during interrogation and injected with unknown nerve-damaging drugs, which caused them severe physical and mental torment.

Around 7:00 p.m. on June 24, 2004, Ms. Song Furong was arrested by policemen from Tai'an City Police Department and was taken to the Yingsheng Police Station in Taishan District. There, she was tortured during interrogation for two nights and was later detained at the Tai'an City Detention Center. Shortly after that, she and two other practitioners, Ms. Song Qi'ai and Ms. Qu Beibei, were blindfolded and taken to a secret location by policemen from the Taishan District Police Department. The police then tortured and beat them, trying to force "confessions" from them. The policemen pulled Song Furong's hair and banged her head against the wall continuously. They used electric batons to shock Song Qi'ai and Qu Beibei on the neck and ferociously beat them. The practitioners went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution and were brutally force-fed.

On September 15, 2004, the Taishan District Court held a preliminary hearing (the so-called investigative court session) against them. Prior to the court session, all of them were injected with unknown drugs so they were unable to say anything during the entire court proceedings.

On September 23, the Taishan District Court illegally sentenced Song Qi'ai to a 9-year term prison term while Song Furong and Qu Beibei were sentenced to 8 years in prison. The practitioners appealed, but the Tai'an Intermediate Court maintained the original unlawful verdict. Before the practitioners were sent to the Jinan Women Prison, they were injected with nerve-damaging drugs. After that, their tongues were stiff and numb, and they drooled constantly. They wanted to speak, but were unable to say even one word clearly.

After all the tortures and damage caused by the unknown drugs, Song Qirong became very weak physically. She could no longer walk unaided. She lost most of her memory and could not even remember her village's name or her home phone number. Song Qi'ai's eyes were slow to focus on anything, and she could not recognize her family members. When people asked her a question, she could only shake her head. She could not remember anything, nor could she speak. Qu Beibei was persecuted the most severely, but the details are yet to be uncovered.

Under the Temptations of Money and Benefits, Brutal Cases of Persecution Frequently Occur

In May 2004, The World Organization to Investigate the Persecution of Falun Gong (WOIPFG) and China Mental Health Watch, two international human rights organizations, systematically investigated the reports of psychiatric abuse of Falun Gong practitioners by the Chinese authorities. The investigations brought to light that during the nearly five years of the persecution of Falun Gong, cases of psychiatric abuse of Falun Gong practitioners were used as a torture tool in 23 provinces, autonomous regions, and municipalities in China. Brutal cases of persecution frequently occur under the CCP's temptations of money and benefits. One of the numerous examples took place in the Qingdao Area of Shandong Province:

According to a Clearwisdom report, dated January 23, 2005, more than twenty Falun Gong practitioners were still imprisoned in the Qingdao Labor Camp, at Li Cang Qu of Qingdao City. A news source told that another wave of persecution against Falun Gong practitioners had recently begun. An internal source from the labor camp, all teams are required to speed up the "transformation" of practitioners currently held in the labor camp before the end of the first half of 2005, so that they can benefit from another bonus (forcing a practitioner to renounce Falun Gong will be rewarded by a bonus of 3,000 to 4,000 yuan). Under the pressure and temptation of a bonus from the higher authorities, some policemen resort to extremely cruel methods to brutally persecute Falun Gong practitioners in an effort to make them renounce their belief. Tortures included pouring boiling water on practitioners and vicious beatings.

According to incomplete statistics by media outside of China, during the time that Jiang's regime and the Chinese Communist Party began to persecute Falun Gong in 1999, until the end of 2004, within the Qingdao area alone (including Qingdao, Laixi, Pingdu, Jimo, Jiaozhou, Jiaonan, Chengyang and Mt.Laoshan), twenty-three Falun Gong practitioners were killed, and over one thousand practitioners sent to labor camps; 47-60 practitioners were sent to mental hospitals where they suffered forced injections and shocks with electric needles or injection of nerve-damaging drugs. Many other people were sent to brainwashing classes and detention centers, where they suffered inhuman tortures and terror, brainwashing and extortion.

Falun Dafa Practitioner Ms. Yu Renmei in Qingdao City Persecuted in Mental Hospital Four Times

Falun Dafa practitioner Ms. Yu Renmei from the Laoshan District, Qingdao City was sent to a mental hospital by the local police for the fourth time for practicing Dafa. The hospital staff gave her numerous injections of nerve-damaging drugs, which rendered her incontinent and delirious. She was on the brink of a mental breakdown.

The nurse dragged Yu Renmei to another room and prepared to give her an IV infusion. Yu Renmei refused to cooperate with her and the nurse threatened, "You have to take it, whether you want to or not." Yu Renmei said, "I'm not sick! They brought me here because I refused to give up Falun Gong practice." The nurse said, "I don't want to inject you either, but if I don't do this I'll be fired." Several nurses and psychiatric patients held down Yu Renmei's hand and forcibly gave her the IV infusion. They also gave her an unknown injection. She quickly lost consciousness.

Yu Renmei was born in 1957 and lived at No. 454 in Damaidao Village. She was weak as a child. The birth of her first child sent her into hemorrhagic fever. She ran a high fever for a long time and nearly died. She was discharged after a fifteen-day stay in intensive care. She often had a low-grade fever from then on and she was very weak.

Before she obtained Dafa, Yu Renmei often had fights with her husband because he had an extramarital affair. Once, Yu Renmei jumped off a building in desperation and broke her legs. She stayed in the hospital for 20 days and lost the ability to take care of herself.

In June 1997, while recuperating at home, Yu Renmei's sister gave her a copy of the book Zhuan Falun. Yu started to practice Falun Dafa and all of her illnesses disappeared within three months.

In October 1999, Yu Renmei and some other practitioners went to Beijing to appeal for Dafa. She was then persecuted in a mental hospital four times.

Jiang's group rewarded the Laoshan 610 Office with a car for persecuting Yu Renmei. The Damaidao Village Party Committee was awarded the title "Advanced Village Committee," and given 230,000 yuan for reporting to its superior that, "Only one person [whom they claimed was a mental patient] was practicing Falun Gong in the village." The Damaidao Police Department, Laoshan Police Department and Laoshan 610 Office all received monetary rewards for persecuting Dafa practitioners.

Persecution of Practitioners Using Unknown Drugs Are Still Happening

On July 3, 2005, Clearwisdom.net reported the following story:

Falun Dafa practitioners in Shenyang City are issuing an urgent appeal to international humanitarian organizations on behalf of ten Falun Dafa practitioners who have been arrested for rescuing Ms. Gao Rongrong. They are: Ms. Dong Jingzhe, Ms. Zhang Lirong, Ms. Ma Lianxiao, Ms. Dong Jingya, Ms. Sui Hua; Mr. Sun Shiyou, Mr. Liu Qingming, Mr. Feng Gang, Mr. Ma Yuping, and Mr. Wu Junde. Some of the above practitioners have been missing for quite a long time. Ms. Dong Jingzhe is in critical condition from torture.

Ms. Dong Jingzhe is the wife of Mr. Sun Shiyou and the daughter of Ms. Ma Lianxiao. She is 32 years old, an advertising stylist, and is now being held at Masanjia Forced Labor Camp without due process. She has been on a hunger strike for more than two months. After she was injected with unknown drugs, her lower limbs became paralyzed and she lost the ability to take care of herself. On June 23, concerned people visited her at Masanjia. The guard who was responsible for Dong Jingzhe said, "Dong Jingzhe can't move now. She can't even open her eyes. She is on a hunger strike."

Ms. Zhang Lirong was taken to the local police station. While there, she was injected with an unknown drug. As a result, she felt ill and became dizzy. She is being detained at Masanjia for further persecution.

Ms. Sui Hua is being held at Masanjia without due process. After police at the local police station injected an unknown drug, she suffered great pain in her legs. She can now barely walk.


All these tragic stories will become a historical record. People in the future will examine the morality and deeds of human beings today and forever remember lessons learned from such depraved human behavior.