Latest News from China - November 14, 2005
- [Heilongjiang Province] Falun Gong Practitioner Dong Limin Suffers from Anemia at the Provincial Women's Forced Labor Camp Due to Persecution
- [Changzhi City, Shanxi Province] Two Falun Gong Practitioners Arrested for Distributing Truth-clarifying Materials
- [Liaoning Province] Guo Yulong Sentenced to One Year of Imprisonment
- [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Tan Pingyun Arrested - Han Sufang's Home Ransacked
- [Neijiang County, Sichuan Province] Qiu Yulin Arrested For Distributing Falun Dafa Truth-Clarifying Materials
- [Sichuan Province] Yang Lingjun Held at the Wuhou District Jinhua Brainwashing Center
- [Datong City, Shanxi Province] Peng Jufen Arrested While Distributing Falun Dafa Truth-Clarifying Materials
- [Yueyang City, Hunan Province] Persecution Account of Practitioner Ms. Gao Fengjiao
1. [Heilongjiang Province] Falun Gong Practitioner Dong Limin Suffers from Anemia at the Provincial Women's Forced Labor Camp Due to Persecution
Belated news - On December 22, 2001, Falun Gong practitioner Ms. Dong Limin went to distribute truth-clarifying materials at the Nenjiang Farm, but was reported and then arrested. Because held a hunger strike, she was sent to the Jiusan Center Hospital for treatment on March 24, 2002. At around 11:00 p.m. the next day, she and practitioners Wang Tao and Dong Quangang removed their handcuffs using the power of righteous thoughts and walked away.
On May 22, 2002, practitioners Dong Limin and Dong Quangang were arrested again, and both were sentenced to 14 years of imprisonment. Dong Limin suffered from anemia in Heilongjiang Province Women's Forced Labor Camp. Her face was extremely pale and swollen. Her family requested she be hospitalized, but the prison authorities denied the request.
Dong Limin is currently being held with other criminals.
2. [Changzhi City, Shanxi Province] Two Falun Gong Practitioners Arrested for Distributing Truth-clarifying Materials
On November 5, 2005, police arrested practitioners Mr. Han Wei, 27, an employee of the Xiangyuan Village Credit Union and Mr. Liu Wei, 24, while the two were distributing truth-clarifying materials in Pingshun County. They are being held at the Lucheng City Detention Center. It was heard that personnel from Changzhi City Police Department, Pingshun County Police Department and Xiangyuan County Police Department worked together to interrogate the two practitioners.
3. [Liaoning Province] Guo Yulong Sentenced to One Year of Imprisonment
Practitioner Mr. Guo Yulong, who is employed at the Liaohe Oil Field, was sentenced to one year of forced labor without any evidence. He is currently being held at the No.1 Division of the Shenxin Forced Labor Camp. He is forced to work from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
4. [Weifang City, Shandong Province] Tan Pingyun Arrested - Han Sufang's Home Ransacked
At 10:20 a.m. on November 8, 2005, Gao from the Weifang City 610 Office directed personnel from the Kuiwen District Branch Police Department, Beiyuan Community Office and Police Station, and the Wolongxi Community Office, as well as guards from the Fenghuang Paper Industry and others. These more than twenty people broke into practitioner Tan Pingyun's home and confiscated all Falun Dafa books and truth-clarifying CDs. They sent Tan Pingyun to a notorious 610 Office brainwashing class at around 12:00 p.m. where they threatened Tan not to expose this information on the Internet. 610 Office personnel called Tan Pingyun's home several times for extortion purposes.
During the morning of November 10, 2005, more than twenty officers from the Kuiwen District Branch Police Department in Weifang City broke into the home of practitioner Ms. Han Sufang in Yingnan Village, the Yingyuan District. They ransacked her home and confiscated some Dafa books, pamphlets, and truth-clarifying CDs. Afterwards they also ransacked the home of Han Sufang's younger sister. Han Sufang had by then been living away from home for a few years to avoid persecution.
5. [Neijiang County, Sichuan Province] Qiu Yulin Arrested For Distributing Falun Dafa Truth-Clarifying Materials
During the evening of November 8, 2005, practitioner Qiu Yulin from Neijaing County was arrested when distributing Falun Dafa truth clarification materials. At present, Qiu is being held at the Dongxing District Detention Center.
6. [Sichuan Province] Yang Lingjun Held at the Wuhou District Jinhua Brainwashing Center
Practitioner Ms. Yang Lingjun, who is in her 60's, lives in the employee community of the Institute of Designing and Planning, Sichuan Province Communications Department. On November 10, 2005, she was arrested at Xiaojahe. She is currently being held at the Wuhou District Jinhua Brainwashing Center.
7. [Datong City, Shanxi Province] Peng Jufen Arrested While Distributing Falun Dafa Truth-Clarifying Materials
On November 2, 2005, officers from the Pingwang Police Station arrested practitioner Ms. Peng Jufen, an employee from the Datong City Locomotive Machinery Factory in Shanxi Province, when she was distributing truth-clarifying materials in the city's No. 1 Power Plant. She is currently being held at the City Detention Center.
8. [Yueyang City, Hunan Province] Persecution Account of Practitioner Ms. Gao Fengjiao
Ms. Gao Fengjiao, 43, is from Huarong County, Yueyang City, Hunan Province. After starting the practice of Falun Dafa in 1998, she recovered from many diseases. In 1999, she went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa and clarify the truth, but she was taken back to her local area and held at the Huarong Detention Center. She was later released after being extorted of 25,000 yuan in cash.
In February 2000, Gao Fengjiao was again taken from home to the detention center. Police ransacked her home many times and tormented her with all manner of tactics. Later they transferred her to the Zhuzhou City Baimalong Forced Labor Camp for further detention. Her former diseases relapsed during the severe persecution. She was extremely thin. The camp authority feared that she would die there and released her before her detention term expired.
Though she was released, personnel from local police department and from the 610 Office often harassed her, threatened her, and ransacked her home. They put her under house arrest and monitored her around the clock. They also urged her family members to persecute her. They brought over a vicious person named Liu Hongwen. On May 8, when Liu Hongwen pretended to learn the exercises with other fellow practitioners, Liu reported Gao to police. Thus, Gao Fengjiao was arrested again and sent to the Baimalong Forced Labor Camp. Though tortured, she was still determined in her belief in Dafa and eventually got out.