(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Shi Xiulan, 76, was a resident of Baoguantun Village, Nanpi County, in Hebei Province. She had extremely poor health before practicing Falun Gong. Since practicing Falun Gong in 1998, she saw great improvement in her health. On July 20, 1999, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) started persecuting Falun Gong, and Ms. Shi was very distraught. She did not understand how this could happen. On crutches, she went to Beijing with her daughter to appeal on behalf of Falun Gong. Her daughter was illegally arrested and sentenced to four years of imprisonment. Her daughter used to take care of her, so Ms. Shi lived each day in anxiety after her daughter was taken away. As a result of the tremendous stress, she relapsed into a state of poor health and died on October 9, 2000. She cried out her daughter's name before dying, but she was unable to see her daughter one last time.

Ms. Zhang Tianlian, 64, was a Falun Gong practitioner in Guabang Town, Miyi County, Sichuan Province. After the persecution started, her son and daughter-in-law, afraid of being implicated, forbade her to practice. If she tried to leave to visit fellow practitioners, the couple would curse at her and throw rice bowls at her. Under these circumstances, Ms. Zhang could only practice secretly in the middle of the night. Her son would frequently check to see if she was practicing the Falun Gong exercises, and threatened to punish her if she was ever caught. In anxiety and stress, Zhang Tianlian died on June 21, 2005.

Ms. Sui Fenglian, 61, was a Dafa practitioner in the Daxinganling area of Heilongjiang Province. Before she began practicing Falun Dafa, she suffered from severe diabetes that could not be cured. In 1996, Ms. Sui found Falun Gong and recovered from her diseases through the practice. After July 20, 1999, local CCP officials forbade her to study the teachings of Falun Gong or practice the exercises. The CCP officials also frequently harassed the local practitioners. The officials threatened to take her son's job away if Ms. Sui continued to practice Falun Gong. Due to the tremendous mental pressure, Sui Fenglian died on January 24, 2001.

Ms. Yang Shuying, 45, was a practitioner in the Daxinganling area of Heilongjiang Province. After practicing Falun Dafa, her health greatly improved. Local CCP officials dispatched police to eradicate the local practice sites in her area. Unable to bear the pressure, Ms. Yang died in April of 2003.

Ms. Li Xiuqin, 68, was a resident in Qingyishan, Kuandian County, Liaoning Province. After she began practicing Falun Gong in 1996, she recovered from severe chronic pneumonia. After July 1999, local police and government officials ransacked her home under false charges. During the Chinese New Year of 2001, they came to harass the family when Ms. Li's daughter, who is also a practitioner, returned home. Ms. Li was traumatized by the persecution and died on April 24, 2001. After her death, the police returned again to harass the other family members.