Clearwidom.net published a detailed report on January 31, 2005, about Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Li Wenjun. (Please see Part 1: http://www.clearwisdom.net/emh/articles/2005/1/31/57065.html)

In April 2004, police officers from the Weichang Police Station fabricated evidence against Li Wenjun and sentenced him to three years in the Jiutai City Yinmahe Forced Labor Camp. While incarcerated, Li Wenjun repeatedly went on hunger strike to protest the persecution. His health was severely damaged as a result. Meanwhile, Li Wenjun's elderly parents have reached out to every association, organization and department they could think of in seeking justice for their son. They also traveled back and forth to the forced labor camp several dozen times, covering hundreds of miles, but were denied any visits with their son until July 2005. Although Li Wenjun's family has approached the justice department to request freedom for Li Wenjun, the justice department and the government organizations keep shirking their responsibility and endlessly shift the responsibility to each other.

On March 2, 2005, Li Wenjun's mother (referred to Mrs. Li from now on), and Li's brother-in-law, went to visit Mr. Li at the forced labor camp, but the camp forbade Mrs. Li from seeing her son, giving as a reason the fact that she practices Falun Gong. When Li Wenjun's brother-in-law met with him alone, he finally learned that nothing the family had sent him in the way of food or clothing had reached him. Mrs. Li met Captain Gao and demanded him to release Li, but was told it was impossible.

At 9:00 a.m. on March 6, 2005, Mrs. Li and Li's brother-in-law went to the camp again. The camp denied Mrs. Li the visit again. When Li's brother-in-law asked to see Li Wenjun, a policeman asked him to either call Falun Gong a slanderous word or forget about seeing Li Wenjun. He tried to reason with the policeman, but the policeman refused to listen and pushed him out the door. He then asked if he could leave some money for Li Wenjun, but the policeman refused again. Mrs. Li went to see the labor camp head, camp chairman and the prosecutor, but none of them were in their offices. She tried calling them on their mobile phones, but all of them turned off their phones.

At 8:08 a.m. on April 7, 2005, Mrs. Li called prosecutor Zhang Guoliang stationed at Yinmahe Forced Labor Camp on his mobile phone, but found the number was out of service. She called him at his home phone number, but his family told her that they didn't know his whereabouts.

At 10:00 a.m. on April 13, 2005, Mrs. Li went to Yinmahe Forced Labor Camp to see the head of the camp, Mr. Guo. Guo told her to go see Mr. Liu, the head of Forced Labor Education. He also told her that the Li's family members are Falun Gong practitioners, and therefore would not be granted any visits. Next Mrs. Li went to see Mr. Liu, division head Mr. Zheng and the resident prosecutor at the camp, but she could not find any of them. At 10:30 a.m., Mrs. Li went to the Prosecutor's Office located on the suburbs of Changchun, and visited the prosecutor Mr. Li. After she told him the purpose of her visit, prosecutor Li called Zhang Guoliang and asked about the condition of Li Wenjun. Zhang lied to the prosecutor and Mrs. Li exposed his lies right away. Prosecutor Li told her that she must go to the local law enforcement agency for an answer. He also told her that it is wrong for the forced labor camp to deny her visiting rights with her son. Prosecutor Li called the local law enforcement agency and left them with his number.

On April 25, 2005, Li Wenjun's father, aunt, uncle and cousin went to the forced labor camp, hoping to see Li Wenjun. While waiting in the visiting room, the police told them to curse Falun Gong. Li's aunt and uncle told the police that they are Christians and are not supposed to curse. The police then denied them the visit.

On May 26, 2005, Li Wenjun's parents went to the forced labor camp again to see the head of the Discipline Division, Zheng Hailing. Zheng asked them, "What are you doing here? We have already told you that you are not allowed to see Li Wenjun." Mrs. Li told him that she had come to bring her son home. Zheng told her, "We don't even allow you to see him. It is wishful thinking to bring him home!" Mrs. Li said, "It has been such a long time, and you are still as depraved as ever!" Zheng replied, "The Chinese Communist Party has already branded Falun Gong as an anti-CCP movement. If you dare argue with me again, I'll call the police station and have you two arrested!" Mrs. Li insisted on leaving some stuff for Li Wenjun. Zheng told her as he walked away, "Leave it in the visiting room!" Mrs. Li went to the visiting room, but the authorities refused to accept it. Then she went to Mr. Feng Wei, a member of the discipline team. He told Mrs. Li, "Your son is in good health."

On Tuesday July 12, 2005, Li Wenjun's parents and relatives, totaling six people, went to visit Li Wenjun at the camp. They went to the office of Liu, head of the camp, to demand his release. Liu told them, "You may see him, but we cannot release him." Once they were at the visiting room, the head of the Discipline Division Zheng Hailing told them that they may have only one look at Li Wenjun, and no talking was allowed.

Mrs. Li then went to the Appeals Office at the Public Security Bureau. A man with the last name of Chen told Mrs. Li, "Did they prohibit you from following the legal procedure?" Mrs. Li replied, "The court said that we missed the deadline for appeal, so the court could do nothing. The court told us to go to Beijing's Appeals Office." Chen asked Mrs. Li to fill out a registration form for first-time visitors to the Appeals Office and then asked her to go home and wait to hear from them.

On the morning of July 21, 2005, after two weeks of searching, Li Wenjun's family finally found Chief Prosecutor Mr. Tang as he was getting out of his car. Tang asked Mrs. Li if she had written any letters to the Prosecutor's Office. Mrs. Li said, "I have not. I have sent a registered letter to the Discipline Division at Jilin Province Government, but I have not received any reply." Tang told her that this case belongs to the jurisdiction of the executive branch, not the judicial branch. He told her to go see the Secretary of Jilin City's Political and Legal Committee. Mrs. Li went to the Public Security Bureau and Jilin City Government in order to meet with Jilin City's Political and Legal Committee, but she has not been able to reach the committee so far.

At 3:00 p.m. on July 22, 2005, Li Wenjun's family received a notice from the Public Security Bureau to come to the bureau at 8:00 a.m. the next day. Around 8:20 a.m. of July 23, 2005, the deputy head of the Public Security Bureau, Mr. Jiang Weichang, met with Li Wenchang's family. There were about 30 to 40 leaders and staff members from Jilin City's Public Security Bureau and its various branches attending the meeting. After having heard the complaint from Mrs. Li, Jiang Weichang told her, "We need to conduct an investigation for a week before we give you an answer. The deputy head of the Public Security Bureau's Changyi Branch, Mr. Li Yongli, is also here. He will contact you and give you an answer."

On the morning of August 1, 2005, Li Wenjun's family went to the Jilin City Public Security Bureau's Appeals Office to inquire about the results of the investigation, but Chen asked them to go home and wait.

On August 3, Li Wenjun's family went to the Changyi Public Security Branch, but the entrance security told them that the head of the bureau had left his office for a meeting.

On August 4, Li Wenjun's family went to the Changyi Branch Bureau again, asking to see the branch head. The chairman of the Inspection Office met with them on behalf of the branch head. After he read the submitted material, he scheduled an appointment for them to meet the bureau head on Saturday.

At 8:40 a.m. on August 6, the branch head, Mr. Li, met them in person and listened to their case. According to Li, the forced labor camp has many different departments, and each department is required to take responsibility for every document it signs. Hence, he said everything would be all right. When Li Wenjun's parents explained the situation to him, Li asked them to come back the following week and handed the case to bureau head Mr. Sun because he is in charge of all issues related to Falun Gong.

On the morning of August 8, when Li Wenjun's family arrived at Changyi Branch Bureau, the entrance security officer told them that the head of Jilin City Public Security Bureau was in a meeting. At 1:30 p.m. they finally met chairman Wang. He told them, "I have reported your case to the head of the bureau, Mr. Jiang. He said that you should go to Jilin City's '610 Office' because it is not in his jurisdiction." At 2:30 p.m., Li Wenjun's family went to the Jilin City 610 Office. A staff member named Jiang told them, "The Jilin City Committee should not be involved with executive matters. You should go back to the Public Security Bureau." Later, he promised to make some calls for them, and said he would get back to them in a week's time. He asked them to wait for his call at home. A week later they called Mr. Jiang, but he told them that they had already missed the appeal period and that they could only start another prosecution.

On Friday August 12, 2005, Mrs. Li went to the Public Security Bureau's Appeals Office. The man who met her said, "You must not come to Mr. Liu (head of the bureau), for cases that Mr. Jiang (deputy head), has processed. You must go to the Advising Division."

The chairman of the Advising Division told them, "All Falun Gong practitioners must be sent to the forced labor camp. Once they are released, they will become good people." Mrs. Li told him, "My son is a good man to begin with." The man replied, "Then he must face the forced labor camp." Then he dismissed her.

On August 29, 2005, Mrs. Li and Li's brother-in-law went to the camp again and waited for over an hour until they were informed that Li Wenjun had been on a hunger strike for over two weeks and that no one could see him because he is under the supervision of the Strict Discipline Team. Mrs. Li went to the head of the Discipline Division, Mr. Zheng Hailing, and inquired about her son. Zheng told her that Li Wenjun started a hunger strike after the resident prosecutor talked to him for the second time. According to Zheng, Li Wenjun said he would not eat until China stops persecuting Falun Gong and restores Falun Gong's good name.

On the afternoon of August 29, 2005, Li Wenjun's father called the Jilin Province Forced Labor Bureau's Division head Mr. Bai Guang and told him about his son's current health condition. Bai told him that he would think about it after he found out more about the case.

On August 31, 2005, Mrs. Li called Bai Guang, who told her, "We must reinforce the medical care and brainwashing because he is on a hunger strike. We must keep him from any mishap. We do not have the authority to release him."

On September 5, 2005, Li Wenjun's father and cousin went to the camp to visit him, but their request for a visit was denied once again. Li's father went to see the resident prosecutors. Two prosecutors named Ji and Zhang talked to them. They agreed to contact the camp and get them a visit with Li Wenjun at 2:00 p.m. Li's father and cousin waited in the visiting room for two hours, but they never saw Li. The camp told them that it is a rule that Li Wenjun must not see his father, because his father is a Falun Gong practitioner. Li's cousin met with him and reported that Li was clear minded.

On the morning of September 14, 2005, Mrs. Li and Li's cousin went to the camp again, but they were not allowed to see Li. Mrs. Li went to see the head of the camp, Mr. Liu, and fought for a chance to see him. Finally, they allowed her to see Li Wenjun under the close watch of the Chairman of the Discipline Division, the captain and several inmates. Li Wenjun was very clearheaded. He said, "Even my parents' words will not alter my will. You must release me or I won't eat anything. No one can alter my will." He told Mrs. Li, "You know your son very well. I will not do anything I shouldn't do."

On September 20, 2005, Mrs. Li went to the camp to ask for Li Wenjun's release. She went to see the head of the bureau Mr. Liu, but Liu told her that he had no authority to release him, and pushed her back to the Public Security Bureau again. He allowed her to see Li and told her to ask Li to eat again. Mrs. Li went to the Head of Discipline Division, Mr. Zheng Hailing, and told him she wanted to bring her son home. Zheng became anxious and denied her the visit. Mrs. Li gave Zheng an appeal letter. After Zheng read it, he passed it to Li Wenjun.

At the time of writing this, Falun Gong practitioner Mr. Li Wenjun is undergoing a difficult tribulation at Jiutai City Yingmahe Forced Labor Camp in Jilin Province. He has survived several hunger strikes and suffered from severe persecution. His health has been seriously undermined. His family has also endured the most insufferable pain and pressure.

We hereby call for all the kindhearted people to pay attention to this issue and offer your moral support.