Ms. Li Shuqiu, 48, was a Falun Gong practitioner from Tianzidi in Zhishan District, Yongzhou City, Hunan Province. In June 2000, she went to Beijing to validate Falun Dafa, but the police sent her back to Tianzidi and kept her in a detention center for fifteen days. Police arrested her again on several subsequent occasions. In November 2000, the authorities held her in a detention center for over a month for distributing truth-clarifying materials. In 2001, she was sentenced to eighteen months of forced labor. She developed symptoms of breast cancer while in the labor camp. Her family members brought her home and forced her to submit to an operation. Ms. Li died in April 2002.

Ms. An Guiying, 69, was a Falun Dafa practitioner in the Baoding area of Hebei Province. After obtaining the Fa in 1996, many of her illnesses disappeared without medical treatment. Once the suppression of Falun Gong began in 1999, she appealed for the right to practice Falun Gong and clarified the truth. In May 2001, the local police and officials from her residential committee forcibly removed her from her home and took her to a brainwashing center. She went on a hunger strike to protest the persecution. Officials from the facility dragged her to the courtyard and left her exposed to the sun, which caused her blood pressure to rise. The authorities coerced her husband, in his seventies, into writing a statement guaranteeing that she would stop practicing Falun Gong. They also forced him to pay them 2,500 yuan. Ms. An was forced to live with constant harassment. In 2005, she began experiencing bodily discomfort, and she died on May 30 as a result of the persecution.

Mr. Zhu Zhisheng, 66, was a Falun Gong practitioner in Raoyang County, Hebei Province. In 2000, county police officers searched his home and extorted 6,000 yuan from him. Mr. Zhu died on the first day of the eighth month of the Chinese lunar calendar in 2000 following 22 days of continuous persecution.

Mr. Liu Chunqing, 66, was a Falun Dafa practitioner from Xiaozheng Village in Huimin County, Shandong Province. On the third day of the eleventh month of the lunar calendar in 2000, he went to Beijing to appeal for justice for Falun Gong and to clarify the truth. The authorities detained him for a month and subjected him to various methods of torture, knocking his teeth out in the process. They extorted 2,000 yuan from him before releasing him on bail. The police arrested Mr. Liu on many subsequent occasions and ransacked his home. He was forced to endure constant humiliation and eventually died as a result of the persecution on July 12, 2003.

September 28, 2005