(Clearwisdom.net) Lin Yanqing, a postdoctoral researcher in Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province, was illegally detained in Rujiang Forced Labor Camp in Fuzhou City, Fujian Province. He went on a hunger strike on May 16, 2004, to protest the persecution. On May 20, Mr. Lin was sent to Jianxin Hospital, Division 2 (the provincial prison hospital) in Fuzhou City, Fujian Province. Lin Yanqing went on a hunger strike once again on October 31, and was sent back to the labor camp on November 4. Mr. Lin is now unable to speak because of torture he suffered in detention.

Lin Yanqing and his wife

Lin Yanqing's parents keep requesting to see him, but they are continuously refused by the labor camp under the excuse that he is "stubborn and resistant to transformation." It is still not known exactly how the labor camp has persecuted him. Lin Yanqing's daughter, Lin Huixuan, has not seen her father since she was little more than one year old. On February 19, 2004, Lin Yanqing's wife, Xu Lei, and her parents were illegally arrested in Harbin by police from both Beijing and Harbin.

Lin Yanqing was born in 1971. He was a postdoctoral researcher in Engineering Mechanics, Civil Engineering School, Harbin University of Civil Engineering and Architecture. He started to practice Falun Dafa in 1996 and improved in both body and mind. After the nationwide persecution of Falun Gong started in July 1999, Lin Yanqing went to Beijing many times to appeal for an end to the persecution. He was detained and beaten many times for his appeals. One time, as police sent him back to Harbin, Lin Yanqing tried to escape. In the course of his escape attempt, seven of his fingers were frozen and injured.

In October 2000, the Harbin Police Department arrested Lin Yanqing when they found him reading Falun Dafa websites. He was illegally detained for one month. Because he was determined in practicing Falun Gong, Lin Yanqing's postdoctoral eligibility was canceled, and he was forced to leave school and return to his hometown in Quanzhou, Fujian Province. On October 30, 2002, when he was on his way to work, Mr. Lin was arrested by plainclothes police. In January 2003, the local 610 Office secretly sentenced him to three years in a labor camp. He was detained at Rujiang Forced Labor Camp, located at 47 Kuai'an Road, Mawei of Fuzhou City, Fujian Province.

After nearly two years of written and oral appeals to many different levels of government agencies, Lin Yanqing's parents still did not receive a fair response with regard to their son's release. Between May 16 and September 13, 2004, Lin Yanqing went on a hunger strike to protest his illegal detention. On May 20, he was sent to Jianxin Hospital Division 2 in Fuzhou City, Fujian Province. There he was brutally force-fed, beaten, humiliated, and threatened with an extension of his detention term. After Lin Yanqing's parents requested again and again, the Quanzhou government agreed to restore Lin Yanqing's residential status, which should have been resolved two years before. The Quanzhou government official also agreed to consider Lin Yanqing's request soon. He told them that he was being illegally detained and should be released unconditionally, rather than be sent back to the labor camp.

However, between September 13 and October 30, nobody paid attention to Lin Yanqing's situation. During that time, his parents went to the labor camp once every two or three days for information and requested a visit with him. They also requested a conditional release due to his poor health, by sending requests to the Fengze District police in Quanzhou City, the Safety Department, the Provincial Police Department, the 610 Office, and the labor camp. However, nobody paid attention to their request, and, instead, they all shirked their responsibility.

On October 31, 2004, Lin Yanqing started a hunger strike once again. Upon hearing this news on November 2, his parents requested to visit him. After learning the he would be sent back to the labor camp despite his poor health, Lin Yanqing's parents were very worried and went to visit him on November 3. After seeing Lin Yanqing, his parents then talked with the officials, hoping they would not send him back to the labor camp. However, the officials from the labor camp had a different attitude. They rudely said that Lin Yanqing was stubborn and resistant to transformation. They planned to extend his detention term, and also claimed that they would not be responsible for any illness, disability, or even death caused by the hunger strike. They also asked Lin Yanqing's parents to sign an affidavit, absolving them of any responsibility. Lin Yanqing's parents absolutely refused.

On November 4, Lin Yanqing's parents went to the hospital again, hoping to see their son. The labor camp officials said Lin Yanqing was still in the hospital, but did not allow them to visit him. In the afternoon on the same day, Lin Yanqing's parents heard that he had been sent back to the labor camp, so they went there. Only Lin Yanqing's father was allowed to visit him. Lin Yanqing's mother was so upset that she almost collapsed. But the labor camp officials' attitude was still negative and confrontational.

When Lin Yanqing's father saw him, he noticed that his son looked quite different from the day before. It was not known what mistreatment he had experienced. Seeing Lin Yanqing's current situation and recalling the labor camp officials' irresponsibility and threats, Lin Yanqing's father trembled with fear.

After Lin Yanqing was sent back to the Rujiang Labor Camp, he was held in solitary confinement. It was said that he was recently shocked with electric batons in the labor camp. He is currently unable to speak as a result of the persecution, and it is not known whether this was caused by forced-feeding. Lin Yanqing's parents have continuously requested visits with their son to see that he is all right. Each time, the labor camp officials refused, using the excuse that Lin Yanqing is "stubborn and resistant to transformation." It is not known what tortures Lin Yanqing has received in detention.

Previously in Rujiang Labor Camp, there have been cases in which practitioners were tortured to death. Zhang Guoqing, a practitioner of more than 60 years old, was a resident of Hebei Province. During detention in Rujiang Labor Camp, the police instigated criminal inmates to beat Zhang Guoqing, resulting in severe injuries. On January 31, 2004, Zhang Guoqing died after an unsuccessful medical rescue attempt.

Related contact information:

Rujiang Forced Labor Camp
47 Kuai'an Road, Fuzhou City, Fujian Province 350000.

Major participants:

Director Jiang of the labor camp: 86-13809505128 (Mobile)
Officer Chen of the Education Office in the labor camp: 86-13905925156 (Mobile), 86-591-3977089 (Office)
Hu Bo, former manager of the Enforced Division in the labor camp: 86-13600886642 (Mobile)
Manager Dai, former manager of the Enforced Division in the labor camp: 86-13328200693 (Mobile)
Yang Jiangfeng, manager of the No. 9 Division in the labor camp
Wu Duanxiang, Political and Safety Officer, Lichengqu Police Station, Quanzhou City, Fujian Province: 86-13905078057 (Mobile)
Xiao Si, clerk, 86-13506968998 (Mobile)
Manager Xu, Safety Division, Fengze District, Quanzhou City, Fujian Province. 86-13905968900 (Mobile)
Fuzhou City Police Department: 86-591-7557705
Political Office, Provincial Managing Committee of Labor Camps, Police Department of Fujian Province: 86-591-785-7808
Officer Huang, Political and Judicial Office, Police Department of Fujian Province: 86-591-87093193
Director of Fujian Province 610 Office: 86-591-87804518
Division II: 86-591-87876004
Operator of Labor Camp: 86-591-3971679
Enforced Division in the labor camp: 86-591-3970666-8367
Managing Office of the labor camp: 86-591-3970780 (This is the main phone number; all internal phone calls are transferred through this office. The office director is surnamed Tan.)
Treasurer of the labor camp: 86-591-3970777
Political office of the labor camp: 86-591-3973300
Administrative office of the labor camp: 86-591-3975781 or 86-591-3970666

December 24, 2004