(Clearwisdom.net) Ms. Yang Xinglan was 42 years old, and lived in Xiaowang Village, Beiyang Township, Boye County in the Baoding Area of Hebei Province. She had a tumor on the side of her face before practicing Falun Dafa. The tumor caused her much pain and no treatment or cure could be found, even after visiting major hospitals in Beijing. In 1996, she was fortunate enough to start practicing Falun Dafa. The tumor stopped growing and the pain ceased. After Jiang's regime launched the persecution in 1999, Ms. Yang continued to practice Falun Dafa. She was abducted and taken to a brainwashing center by township officials in 2002. She was viciously beaten and eventually lost her eyesight in both eyes. She died on November 14, 2004 as a result of the persecution.

As Ms. Yang Xinglan was near death, she told her family to publicize the facts of her persecution. The following is what she recounted, interrupted occasionally by severe pain, before she passed away:

I started practicing Falun Dafa in the first month in 1996 of the Chinese lunar calendar. I was in good health until the persecution began. One day in July 2002, a dozen or so township officials broke into my home. They ransacked the place, abducted me, and took me to the county's brainwashing center. I was handcuffed and hung from a steel bar, day and night.

Wang Jihua, director of the county's brainwashing center once asked me, "Is Falun Dafa good?" I answered, "It is good!" No matter what they asked, my answer remained the same. The abuse lasted for over two months. One night, Wang Jihua entered the room. I happened to be near the door and it struck me and knocked me against the wall. He then struck the tumor on the side of my face continually. As a result, I threw up thick blood and pus from my mouth and was not able to eat.

The next day, I was taken to the brainwashing center in Zhuozhou for intensified persecution. The brainwashing officials in Zhuozhou refused to admit me, because I did not meet their minimum admittance requirements as a result of Wang's beatings. They said they would charge 4,000 yuan as a "transformation fee" per month for me to be admitted. Boye County officials took me back to the county brainwashing center instead of paying the fee. Each day I threw up blood, and I was getting closer to dying. I also suffered excruciating pain. The county officials still refused to release me.

After 5,000 yuan was extorted from my family, I was released. After seeing me in such a terrible condition, my family stopped me from practicing Falun Dafa for fear that the authorities would arrest me again. My health continued to deteriorate. I went through surgery in the hospital, which cost over 10,000 yuan. However, it did not help at all. I went into convulsions each time the pain of the tumor increased. I was not able to eat. I was not able to study the Fa or do the exercises. Later, I lost the eyesight in both my eyes. My eyes have since remained swollen.

December 3, 2004