(Clearwisdom.net) Practitioner Duan Xinshu was from Duanzhuang Town, Caozhuang Village, Jize County, in the Handan area of Hebei Province. On September 25, 2003, the Handan 610 Office staff abducted him and sent to a brainwashing class. Due to the long-term torture, Duan Xinshu died on July 12, 2004. His father was devastated and became ill when he heard the news. He passed away not long afterwards.

Mr. Duan Xinshu was forty-two years old. Since he obtained the Fa in 1997, he followed the principles of Truth, Compassion, and Forbearance, and all of his diseases were cured. After the persecution of Falun Dafa began in July 1999, Duan Xinshu was monitored by village officials and not allowed to step out of his door. In August 1999, in order to say a fair word for Falun Gong, Duan Xinshu went to appeal in Beijing. Consequently, he was taken home and detained at the detention center for over a month, until his family paid 700 yuan to set him free.

Before the 2001 Spring Festival, Hou, the head of the political and security office in Jize County; Chen Shuping; Huang Chenshan; and police from the Caozhuang Town Police Station took him to the county public security bureau and tried to force him to give up his belief. Because Duan Xinshu insisted on continuing his practice, he was once again detained for over four months until his family paid 1,200 yuan. After that, the political and security office, police station and local government officials have repeatedly harassed and threatened him and his family.

On September 25, 2003, staff from the Handan 610 Office once again prompted police in the county public security bureau and police station to arrest Duan Xinshu and send him to the Handan brainwashing class. While there, he suffered inhuman torture.

Due to the long-term torture and to the fact that he was not allowed to practice the exercises, Duan Xinshu suffered both physically and mentally. Even when he was extremely weak, his tormentors still repeatedly harassed him. He finally passed away on July 12, 2004, leaving behind his wife and two young children.

The public security bureau has also repeatedly arrested his younger brother Duan Xinyue. Duan Xinyue was forced to leave his home to avoid further persecution. The police, however, still harassed his family constantly. They sometimes broke into his home late at night and searched him. Duan Xinyue was unable to go home even when his brother passed away. Their elderly father was devastated, fell ill, and passed away not long afterwards. His family is now shattered and broken.

December 19, 2004