Latest News from China - December 20, 2004
- [Dafang County, Guizhou Province] Ms. Zhang Yingmei Persists on Hunger Strike for Over a Month
- [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Police Arrest Ms. Wang Yuxian as She Distributes Truth-Clarifying Materials
- [Heilongjiang Province] Zhaodong Police Arrest Mr. Jiang Tai and Another Practitioner and Search their Homes
- [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Police Arrest Ms. Ji Hui and Wu Jinjuan and Search Their Homes
- [Fushun County, Liaoning Province] Police Arrest Three Practitioners from Xiaodongxian
- [Liaoning Province] Ms. Tian Zhenyang has been Missing from Shanghai for Nearly a Year
- [Qingyuan County, Liaoning Province] Police Mistreat Mr. Liu Yu, a Practitioner from Nanshancheng
- [Xiangtan City, Hunan Province] Police Arrest Ms. Xiang Jinmei from Shuangma Town, Yuetang District and Ransack Her Home
- [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] More Information about the Illegal Arrest of Ms. Yu Guirong
- [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Mr. Song Peijie from Qiantangjia Village, Binhe Town, Nongan County Arrested from Home Without Cause
- [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Police Arrest Ms. Feng Haiying and Ms. Zhang Xiaoguang
- [Hainan] News from Hainan
- [Hanchuan City, Hubei Province] Ms. Wei Cui'e Arrested at Home
- [Wuchang City, Hubei Province] Mr. Li Guobin Arrested Near His Home
- [Guiyang City, Guizhou Province] Guizhou Industrial University Persecutes Ms. Han Wei
- [Chaoyang County, Liaoning Province] Two Dafa Practitioners from Yebaishou Arrested
- [Beipiao, Liaoning Province] Song Chunxia Critically Ill Due to Torture
- [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Ms. Li Huiyun Tortured to a State of Mental Collapse
1. [Dafang County, Guizhou Province] Ms. Zhang Yingmei Persists on Hunger Strike for Over a Month
Someone reported Ms. Zhang Yingmei from Dafang County, Guizhou Province to the police when she was clarifying the truth on November 3, 2004. The police searched her house and arrested her. They said that if Ms. Zhang revealed the source of the truth-clarification materials and turned in her fellow practitioners, they would release her. She rejected their offer and went on a hunger strike to resist the persecution. Ms. Zhang Yingmei has been on a hunger strike for over one month. She is critically ill. The labor camp has assigned military policemen to force-feed her.
Relevant phone numbers:
Office of the Dafang County Party Secretary General: 86-857-5221012, 86-857-5223380
Political and Judicial Committee: 86-857-5221967
Office of the County Government: 86-857-5221807, 86-857-5221415
Public Security Bureau: 86-857-5222397, 86-857-5221316, 86-857-5221317,
Police Substation: 86-857-5221445, 86-857-5221865
2. [Chengdu City, Sichuan Province] Police Arrest Ms. Wang Yuxian as She Distributes Truth-clarifying Materials
Ms. Wang Yuxian, from the 420 Factory, was distributing truth-clarifying materials on December 14, on Jianshe Road in Chengdu City. Someone reported her to the police and she was arrested. They immediately searched her house. Later, Ms. Wang was transferred to Shuanglin Police Substation.
3. [Heilongjiang Province] Zhaodong Police Arrest Mr. Jiang Tai and Another Practitioner and Search their Homes
On November 21, Mr. Jiang Tai from Changwu, Zhaodong, Heilongjiang Province, and another practitioner were posting truth-clarification notices at Jijingfang, Xiangyang Village, when a woman reported them to the Xiangyang Police Substation. Police took them to Zhaodong Detention Center. The next day, Xiao Jianguo from Changwu Police Substation, followed by officers from the Xiangyang Police Substation, searched Jiang Tai's and the other practitioner's homes. They took the practitioners' Dafa books.
4. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] Police Arrest Ms. Ji Hui and Wu Jinjuan and Search Their Homes
On December 16, 2004, police arrested Ms. Ji Hui from Dengshahe Town at a primary school. The police took her Dafa books, computer, printer and scanner. On the same day, the police arrested Ms. Wu Jinjuan of Dengshahe Town and searched her home.
5. [Fushun County, Liaoning Province] Police Arrest Three Practitioners from Xiaodongxian
On December 10, 2004, police arrested the following three practitioners from their homes: married couple Mr. Hu Fukui and Ms. Zhou Yan, and Ms. Deng Suyun, from Mahe Village, Xiaodongxiang, Fushun County, Fushun City.
The telephone number for the Fushun County Public Security Bureau: 86-413-7673652
6. [Liaoning Province] Ms. Tian Zhenyang has been Missing from Shanghai for Nearly a Year
Twenty-eight-year-old Ms. Tian Zhenyang, from Fushun City, Liaoning Province, is missing. She is about 5' 6" tall, and near-sighted. The police have repeatedly arrested her because she persists in practicing Falun Dafa. Tian Zhenyang went on a hunger strike in Fushun City Labor Camp with righteous thoughts, and the authorities released her. Ms. Tian arrived in Shanghai after being forced to become homeless in order to avoid arrest from home. During the Spring Festival of February 2004, she suddenly disappeared and has been missing for nearly one year.
7. [Qingyuan County, Liaoning Province] Police Mistreat Mr. Liu Yu, a Practitioner from Nanshancheng
On October 15, 2004, police from Nanshancheng Town of Qingyuan County, Fushun City, Liaoning Province broke into Mr. Liu Yu's home in Piandaozi, Nanshancheng. They took his Dafa books and truth-clarifying materials.
Several police officers sent Mr. Liu to the Dashagou Labor Camp in Qingyuan County and illegally jailed him. They did not allow him the right to be visited by his family. Several weeks later, the Qingyuan County Political and Judicial Committee secretly sentenced Liu Yu to three years of forced labor without notifying his family, and sent him to Wujiabao Labor Camp in Fushun City. There, the police made four prisoners stuff Liu Yu's mouth with cloth, then covered his head with cloth and torture him.
8. [Xiangtan City, Hunan Province] Police Arrest Ms. Xiang Jinmei from Shuangma Town, Yuetang District and Ransack Her Home
At 9:00 p.m. on December 12, 2004, several dozen people from the Shuangma Town Police Substation and Yuetang District of Yueyang City, Hunan Province broke into fifty-seven-year-old Ms. Xiang Jinmei's home. They overturned her furniture and searched her belongings. They took Ms. Xiang away illegally and detained her at Sanjiaoping Police Substation.
In 2000, Xiang Jinmei went to Beijing to validate Dafa. The authorities illegally searched her home. The police stole her refrigerator, television, and washing machine.
9. [Dalian City, Liaoning Province] More Information about the Illegal Arrest of Ms. Yu Guirong
On the night of December 8, 2004, Ms. Yu Guirong and an elderly practitioner were handing out truth-clarifying materials at Fuzhouwang District, Wafangdian City. The police took her to the Wafangdian Labor Camp. These two practitioners are still imprisoned at Wafangdian Labor Camp.
Relevant phone numbers:
Office No. 405, Gao Shiyun, who was directly involved in arresting the above-mentioned two practitioners: 86-411-85613125
Office No. 404, Team Leader Na: 86-411-85613125
10. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Mr. Song Peijie from Qiantangjia Village, Binhe Town, Nongan County Arrested from Home Without Cause
At 7:00 p.m. on October 28, 2004, Sun Guichen, director of the Binhe Police Substation, Nongan County, Jilin province, along with several police officers led by Li Jinghong, who is in charge of security for Qiantangjia Village, broke into Mr. Song Peijie's home. Without any legal reason, they forced him to open his door and searched his home. They took his Dafa books and detained Mr. Song at the Nongan County Detention Center.
Relevant phone numbers:
Nongan County Binhe Police Substation: 86-431-3392158
Sun Guichen, the director of Nongan County Binhe Police Substation: 86-13504393666 (C)
Li Jinghong, the security guard of the Qiantangjia Village: 86-431-3393522 (H)
11. [Changchun City, Jilin Province] Police Arrest Ms. Feng Haiying and Ms. Zhang Xiaoguang
Forty-four-year-old Ms. Feng Haiying resides near the People's Square. On December 11, 2004, police arrested her and searched her home, taking large amounts of equipment and material. Ms. Feng is being detained and persecuted at the Chongqing Road Police Substation.
Thirty-six-year-old Ms. Zhang Xiaoguang, also known as Jin Yu, or Xiao Yu, was arrested by Team Four of the Changchun City Public Security Bureau, and is now jailed at Changchun No. 3 Detention Center.
12. [Hainan] News from Hainan
During September and October, authorities beat Mr. Zhao Zhenxian unconscious and held him in a brainwashing class. He endured the tribulations with righteous thoughts, and at the end of November, Mr. Zhao gained his freedom.
Ms. Li Linfei and Zhang Bin were sentenced again to forced labor camp.
13. [Hanchuan City, Hubei Province] Ms. Wei Cui'e Arrested at Home
On the night of December 9, 2004, Liu Jixiang, Section Chief of the Political and Security Section of the Hanchuan City Public Security Bureau of Hubei Province, Tang Anhu, from the National Security Team, and Cai Qiulin broke into Ms. Wei Cui'e home by means of deception. When the police arrested her, they did not even allow her to put on her shoes. They jailed Ms. Wei Cui'e at Hanchun City No. 1 Detention Center and she is being tortured there.
The telephone number for Liu Jixiang, Section Chief of the Political and Security Section: 86-1397292919 (C), 86-712-8288599 (H)
14. [Wuchang City, Hubei Province] Mr. Li Guobin Arrested Near His Home
Mr. Li Guobin resides at Village 3, Evergreen Garden, Wuchang City, Hubei Province. At around 8:00 a.m. on December 7, 2004, several unidentified people arrested Mr. Li Guobin near his home and dragged him into a vehicle. Mr. Li's current whereabouts are unknown.
15. [Guiyang City, Guizhou Province] Guizhou Industrial University Persecutes Ms. Han Wei
Ms. Han Wei is the only deputy director doctor of the Guizhou Industrial University Hospital. Her professional integrity and skill are highly commended. Because she was determined in practicing Falun Dafa, university security guards and public security staff arrested Ms. Han in October 2001 at her workplace. She was tortured for three months at the Zhongba Brainwashing Class.
In August 2002, the authorities sentenced Han Wei to one year in a forced labor camp for clarifying the truth about Falun Dafa. After her release, the university suspended her medical license and had her work in the registration office. University security kept surveillance over her. The university neglected her appeal and the demands of the other employees to reinstate her. They did not restore Han Wei's right to practice medicine.
In July 2004, Han Wei was caught distributing truth-clarification VCDs. Her home was searched by National Security twice and she was detained for a month. After her release, the authorities kept Ms. Han under surveillance. In September, the authorities arrested her again and imprisoned her in the Guizhou Provincial Women's Labor Camp. Han Wei's parents are retired party officials. The government sentenced Ms. Han's mother to seven years of imprisonment in 2001 for practicing Falun Dafa. She is serving her sentence outside of prison. The authorities also suspended her pension and benefits.
Relevant phone numbers:
Shen Zhendong, Party Secretary of the Guizhou Industrial University: 86-851-4730948
President of the University: Zhu Lijun: 86-851-4732165
University Hospital: 86-851-4732199
16. [Chaoyang County, Liaoning Province] Two Dafa Practitioners from Yebaishou Arrested
On December 13, 2004, Lin Jianghong and Lin Jiangmei were reported and arrested for clarifying the truth about Falun Gong at Xiwujiazhi, Chaoyang County.
17. [Beipiao, Liaoning Province] Song Chunxia Critically Ill Due to Torture
Liu Guoqing, the team leader of the Beipiao City National Security Team, Liaoning Province, and Yan Jiuling detained Dafa practitioner Ms. Song Chunxia from Chaoyang City, and tortured her until she became critically ill. They tried to extort 8,000 yuan from her family.
Relevant phone numbers:
Liu Guoqing: 86-421-5816187 (O), 86-13904212633 (C), 86-421-5823819 (H)
18. [Shijiazhuang City, Hebei Province] Ms. Li Huiyun Tortured to a State of Mental Collapse
Ms. Li Huiyun, in her 30s, is from Shijiazhuang City and has a Ph.D. In March 2004, the authorities sent her to Shijiazhuang City, where she was forced to undergo brainwashing. Because she refused to give up practicing Falun Dafa, she was inhumanly tortured and humiliated both mentally and physically. In August, Ms. Li developed schizophrenia. Her current situation is unknown.
Relevant phone numbers:
Yuan Shuqian, in charge of persecuting Dafa practitioners: 86-13383019173
The perpetrators: Liang Ziling, Li Haisheng: 86-311-6226705
December 19, 2004