Practitioner Mr. Zhang Shanchun, a resident of Ninghe County, Tianjin City, passed away in 2003

Mr. Zhang Shanchun was a 45-year-old practitioner who lived in Ninghe County, Tianjin Province. Before he began to practice Falun Dafa, he suffered from many illnesses, including a liver disease. He was also short-tempered. Since he began to practice Dafa and to cultivate, he followed the principle of "Truthfulness, Compassion, Forbearance," and he quickly regained his health. At his job, he accepted dirty and tiresome work without complaint. He even cleaned the filthy restroom at his workplace. Mr. Zhang's colleagues all said that Falun Dafa had changed him in a positive way.

When the persecution started in 1999, Zhang Shanchun persisted in his cultivation despite the tremendous pressure. In 2001, the local 610 Office arrested him and sent him to Dayuzhuang Brainwashing Center. He refused to write a Guarantee Statement and was therefore sentenced to forced labor. Mr. Zhang was then sent to Shuangkou Forced Labor Camp, where he was cruelly tortured.

After he was released, Zhang Shanchun was fired from his job. Since the local police had confiscated his ID card, he could not find a good job and had to drive a tricycle taxi to make money. Because of the persecution, his mental and physical condition drastically deteriorated. In November 2003, Mr. Zhang died from a recurrence of his old diseases.

Practitioner Mr. Zhai Pengyun, a resident of Handan City, Hebei Province, was tortured to death in 2001

Mr. Zhai Pengyun was a 63-year-old practitioner who lived in Handan City, Hebei Province. He was an employee of the Handan City Grain Bureau. In 1999, Ms. Zhai went to Beijing to appeal for Falun Dafa. On October 1, 2000, the Zhuhelu Police Station arrested him for distributing truth-clarifying materials. The persecutors detained him in the No. 2 Detention Center of Handan City. In the detention center, Zhai Pengyun became extremely weak because of torture. After one month of torture, he was released for medical treatment. However, he never recovered, and on January 29, 2001, Zhai Pengyun passed away.

Practitioner Mr. Jiang Benzhi of Dalian City, Liaoning Province died as a result of torture

Mr. Jiang Benzhi was a 70-year-old farmer who lived in the No. 3 Group, Lushunyantan, Dalian City, Liaoning Province. Because he had no land and was in poor health, he made a living by collecting recyclables. After he started to practice Falun Dafa, he became healthy. In September 2002, when he was clarifying the truth about Falun Dafa and the persecution, the local police arrested him and took him to the police station. After that, he was threatened and harassed many times, and detained again. As a result of the torture, Jiang Benzhi suffered severe physical and mental injury, and died on December 18, 2004.

Practitioner Ms. Sun Yazhi, 86, a resident of Fushun City, Liaoning Province, died as a result of persecution

Ms. Sun Yazhi was an 86-year-old resident of Jiangjun Street, Fushun City, Liaoning Province. She was a retired teacher from Xintun Primary School. Ms. Sun started to practice Falun Dafa in the beginning of 1998. In 2002, police officers from the local police station and the Political and Judiciary Committee went to her home many times to arrest Ms. Sun's daughter who also practiced Falun Dafa. Sun Yazhi was distressed by the harassment and as a result, suffered a relapse of her old diseases. She died on November 6, 2002.

Practitioner Ms. Liu Sue from Qingdao City, Shandong Province died shortly after the police forced her into a mental hospital and tortured her

Ms. Liu Sue was a practitioner and resident of Qingdao City, Shandong Province. Ms. Liu was forced into a mental hospital where she was tortured. Shortly after she returned home, she passed away. More details will be provided at a later date.

January 25, 2005