Facts of the Persecution

Ms. Zhang Zhenying from Xiwangyuan Village, Shiqiaozi Township, Zhucheng City in Shandong Province, is 44 years old. In November 2000, Zhang Zhenying and another practitioner went to Beijing to appeal to the government on behalf of Falun Gong but were illegally captured by the police and brought back to the police station in Shiqiaozi Township, Zhucheng City. Police officer Dong Deliang shocked Ms. Zhang Zhenying's hands and neck using phone wires that were charged with electricity. In addition, the Township Party Committee confiscated all the food, money and property from Ms. Zhang's home and forced her family to borrow 4,600 yuan to pay for her release. Several days later, Ms. Zhang Zhenying was arrested again to the Zhucheng City Detention Center, where she was tortured and illegally detained for two weeks. In 2001, the Shiziqiao Police Station repeatedly kidnapped her. On March 12, 2004, Ms. Zhang Zhenying was arrested as she was selling tomatoes in the market. The police asked Ms. Zhang's family to pay more money if they wanted her to be released, but they refused. Over one month later, Ms. Zhang Zhenying was finally set free with a verdict of not guilty.

On May 1, 2004, the Culture and Education Bureau, along with the Police Department of Xinjin County and the Wujin County Police Department in Chengdu City, Sichuan Province, unlawfully kidnapped practitioner Ms. Zhan Min and sent her to a brainwashing class in Xinjin. Ms. Zhan Min started a hunger strike to protest their unlawful actions and was force-fed. She has since been reduced to skin and bones and faces a life-threating situation.

Ms. Zhan Min is 40 years old and has a bachelor degree. As a schoolteacher, she had earned a senior teaching position and received a "Model Teacher" award in Chengdu City. In 2000, because she insisted on her belief in Falun Dafa, the Xinjin Education Bureau dismissed her from her job. At the end of 2000, Zhan Min was illegally sent to two years in Nanmusi Labor Camp in Zizhong County, Sichuan Province, and was subjected to all kinds of tortures. After Ms. Zhan had served her so-called "sentence," the labor camp refused to release her. During that time, Ms. Zhan Min was on a hunger strike for several months and was brutally force-fed and constantly tortured, resulting in her contracting pneumonia. Finally, the labor camp was afraid that she might die, so they released her.

The team head of the national security team, Zhang Liang, and other policemen from Tongnan County in Chongqing City recently used illegal means to persecute Falun Dafa practitioners. They monitored practitioners' phones and residences, followed them, confiscated practitioners' property, kidnapped them, and stopped and searched their vehicles. They also bribed innocent people to carry out these illegal acts. On the evening of August 19, 2004, the police broke into the home of local practitioners Zhang Zhiqiang and Chen Qing and attempted to kidnap them. Their plan failed because these two practitioners were not at home. On August 25, practitioner Li Caisu was kidnapped, and on August 31, policeman Zhang Liang robbed the home of a disabled practitioner named Hong Rongrong.

Ms. Li Yuxiang lives in a residence belonging to the Foreign Trade Company of Zhucheng City in Shandong Province and is 48 years old. Ms. Li went to Beijing many times to appeal to the government on behalf of Falun Gong and was brutally persecuted. Ms. Li and her husband lost their jobs because they insisted on practicing Falun Gong and were illegally kidnapped and detained many times. During her detention, she had to put in long hours of forced labor; she had money extorted from her; she was force-fed, beaten, and forced to sit on a metal chair for prolonged periods of time; and she was subjected to many other tortures. Personnel from her workplace tried to pressure her child at school to coerce Ms. Li into giving up the practice of Falun Gong. Ms. Li Yuxiang's sister-in-law, who also worked in the foreign trade company, was fired because she helped Ms. Li take care of her child. At present, Ms. Li's entire family is forced to wander around and earn a subsistence living selling steamed buns.

Evil People's Evil Deeds

Mr. Zhu Pengde, 48 years old, is the head of the politics and security team of the Zhucheng City Police Department in Shandong Province. He is from Weijiazhuang Village in Meng Township, Zhucheng City. In the past four years, four Falun Dafa practitioners from Zhucheng City have been persecuted to death. They are Yang Guizhen, Ma Yanfang, Li Xianglan and Wang Jihua. Zhu Pengde is one of the main people responsible for these deaths. When Falun Gong practitioners went to Beijing to appeal, Zhu Pengde stayed at Weifang City's office in Beijing and specialized in arresting Dafa practitioners from Zhucheng and using his power to blackmail money and property from the practitioners' families to put in his own pocket. In order to get a better chance for a promotion, he tried his best to participate in planning and promoting the persecution of Falun Gong. He is responsible for persecuting innocent and kind people on a large scale, casually using cruel methods of torture to force confessions, employing violence and torture to kill innocent practitioners, and sending healthy practitioners to mental hospitals to be tortured to death. Among the 400 Falun Gong practitioners in Weifang that have been unlawfully sent to forced-labor camps, nearly 100 were from Zhucheng City. Many more practitioners were illegally detained, sent to forced brainwashing, deprived of their salaries and jobs, had their homes ransacked, had their personal property stolen or were forced to leave home to avoid persecution. Zhu Pengde's responsibility for these atrocities cannot be denied. Over the past four years, Zhu Pengde has illegally arrested Falun Gong practitioners and used the threat of sending them to forced-labor camps as a means of coercing their families into giving him money in hopes of gaining their loved one's release from the dreaded jail.